PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats @ Seahawks Pre-Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilson is a beast.

That said:

Last week I believe Wilson was 17-18 on throws under 5 yards. Don't think that's gonna happen against the Pats man to man defense.

Definitely going to be one of the toughest games on our schedule. I think we need to be able to run the ball and keep Wilson off the field. Should be a good barometer to see how good we are.

I like the idea of a tough game like this being this early. It's best to get a indicator of where we need to improve and where we're actually strong early in the season. Last year saved all the gaffs for last, and while most of us suspected it, it wasn't the healthiest way to realize just how bad the offense was.

Dorsett went to the Seahawks right? I wonder if we’ll see our old friend in this game.

Weird that he would take a shot at Brady and the Patriots on the way out.

Dorsett went to the Seahawks right? I wonder if we’ll see our old friend in this game.

He wasn't even active in game 1 (injury?) and I am not sure he would be in the top 3 receivers if he was (obviously not even close to 1 or 2).

If the Seahawks have problems practicing because of the environment in the area - advantage Pats for sure. Goes without saying this game is more winnable as a road game than it would be in a normal season. Thinking we fall just short but it's not out of the question we win it.

I think Seattles DL can be had in the run game. Looking forward to seeing what happens.
They practice indoors

The players need to be concerned about the air quality next Sunday night.

The Pats will be up against IMO one of the best present day QBs in Russell Wilson. It is a shame they must meet him in game 2 and then KC in round 4. What a challenging way to start.

Pats defense must be sharp and the offense just grind out the yardage running one foot at a time.

Go Pats

Last edited:

I still don't get why so many are up in arms over him saying he should have gone to the Seahawks a year earlier because they have the best deep thrower in the league.

He was absolutely right. And, no, I am not saying Brady has a noodle arm that can't throw deep but Wilson is just much better at it. And since Dorsett won't win many high balls and is not that much faster than most CBs he will need a more accurate ball on deep routes to succeed. There was nothing wrong in what he said.

He wasn't even active in game 1 (injury?) and I am not sure he would be in the top 3 receivers if he was (obviously not even close to 1 or 2).

Gordon is there as well.

They can play dominoes in the locker room just so long as their game is finished by halftime.

Last edited:
The Seahawks back 7 is as good as anyone's but the front four are definitely below average. I am really surprised by your comment on the receivers. Lockett and Metcalf are not that good?

Lockett is a Stud. He caught 8 - 8 100% of his passes Sunday. Last season he battled injuries all season long and would shine 1 week and disappear the next.

Metcalf is a beast but had a rough day Sunday . 50% completion rate, but still racked up 95 yards and 1 TD. Gilmore will have his work cut out for him this Sunday.

Chris Carson is underrated and a weapon in the pass game. He was hurt last season too.

Greg Olsen is no slouch either.

Nope, if Seattle get a double digit lead, we will see just how good Cam and NE pass game is.

Nope, if Seattle get a double digit lead, we will see just how good Cam and NE pass game is.

This is a huge Achilles heel for the Pats this year. Coming back.

If they control and shorten the game they have a chance against anyone, but get down by a couple of scores..... don't have the weapons.

I can't wait for the overreaction either way - if the Pats win, "Newton is for real, Pats are now legit SB contenders!" if they lose, "Told you so, they only looked good bc Miami sucks!"

If they control and shorten the game they have a chance against anyone, but get down by a couple of scores..... don't have the weapons.
Maybe yes and maybe no.

Can Cam work with guys like Harry, Gunner and Izzo when Brady may have ignored them?

Excited to see how our defense stacks up to Russell and that passing game. Obvious concern is Russell's ability to keep the play alive and make splash plays.

I dont know this is true. We have not seen what they can do in the passing game.

Maybe yes and maybe no.

Can Cam work with guys like Harry, Gunner and Izzo when Brady may have ignored them?
I dont know this is true. We have not seen what they can do in the passing game.

Their WRs minus Edelman had 40 something career catches going into the opening game.

Sure Cam can perhaps work better than Brady with this group. Sure they can improve. But as it stands currently they need at least one more solid veteran to balance this out.

There's no guarantee on Edelman either. Even the most optimistic fan has to acknowledge the weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes