PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats @ Seahawks Pre-Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
People said the same thing in 2018 when we transformed into a running team and ran it all the way to a superbowl. This is basically the same offensive line as that year. AND we have cam newton who is an added run threat. I expect us to keep the same gameplan Bill has had the last 2 years. Run-run-run, hit them with play action, and play tough defense

Last year was more of an outlier because of all the injuries on the OL where our running game struggled
I agree, but this really relies on our run game staying healthy. I don’t have absolute confidence in that. RB? Sure, I think we can be effective with Sony, Rex, or potentially Harris and now Taylor getting significant carries. But we don’t have a lot of depth at OL. If shaq is hobbled again, then what?
And unless Keene turns out to be a great blocker, we need Johnson to stay healthy.

David Andrews is a fantastic center, but I do want to shine a spotlight on the new fullback too. Forgive me, I don't know his name. We didn't really have one of those after all the injuries last year and it really told against us.
If you’re referring to Johnson, he was on the team last year, started at least one game that I remember, and then was one of those injuries

IMHO, (and I’ve been saying this for a while now) Wilson is the best QB in football. ALL things considered; talent, leadership, maturity, intellect/reading defenses, mobility, AVAILABILITY, carrying teams with little talent to the postseason (obviously, not 2013), clutch, poised, great in inclement weather etc..I’ve watched him do great things over the past few years, especially after 2013. I haven’t seen Mahomes play with little/to no talent. He inherited everything, like a trust-fund kid (offensive talent, great coach, perfect system etc) NO KNOCK at all against Mahomes; he’s an EXCELLENT QB, I’d love to have him. It’s really amazing what Mahomes has been able to accomplished in such little time, while not FULLY understanding the game due to youth, but I’ve actually seen Wilson do all the things mentioned above for years now. He’s HIGHLY underrated!

IMHO, (and I’ve been saying this for a while now) Wilson is the best QB in football. ALL things considered; talent, leadership, maturity, intellect/reading defenses, mobility, AVAILABILITY, carrying teams with little talent to the postseason (obviously, not 2013), clutch, poised, great in inclement weather etc..I’ve watched him do great things over the past few years, especially after 2013. I haven’t seen Mahomes play with little/to no talent. He inherited everything, like a trust-fund kid (offensive talent, great coach, perfect system etc) NO KNOCK at all against Mahomes; he’s an EXCELLENT QB, I’d love to have him. It’s really amazing what Mahomes has been able to accomplished in such little time, while not FULLY understanding the game due to youth, but I’ve actually seen Wilson do all the things mentioned above for years now. He’s HIGHLY underrated!

I disagree but respect the opinion.

Wilson has rarely had an offense near the top of the league in points scored. He is partially to blame for the decade long criticism of the Seahawks offensive line because he likes to scramble and hold the ball.

I look at points scored as the most indicative measure of a QB. Of course, supporting cast is a very big factor, but points scored is a better measure than passer rating because it passer rating doesn’t account for sacks. third down pct, etc. In this case, Mahomes has a ton of talent but also has the habits that lead to top production by getting rid of the ball quickly and playing more disciplined (less improv.)

All that said, Wilson is still an elite QB and top 3 in my opinion. He is awesome and wish the Pats had him.

I disagree but respect the opinion.

Wilson has rarely had an offense near the top of the league in points scored. He is partially to blame for the decade long criticism of the Seahawks offensive line because he likes to scramble and hold the ball.

I look at points scored as the most indicative measure of a QB. Of course, supporting cast is a very big factor, but points scored is a better measure than passer rating because it passer rating doesn’t account for sacks. third down pct, etc. In this case, Mahomes has a ton of talent but also has the habits that lead to top production by getting rid of the ball quickly and playing more disciplined (less improv.)

All that said, Wilson is still an elite QB and top 3 in my opinion. He is awesome and wish the Pats had him.
Respect.

Pats going to Seattle where they hate Cam with passion to bad no fans he loves that. Hope Pats go up there with cam and he dabs on folks 2015 style bring these men back with a victory. They asked Cam if he had butterflies Sunday, he said I don’t get butterflies I give em. U got best coach ever with a world class O coordinator go make a dang statement 1. I’m fired up Go pats
For You:

Hey, they get to debut their ugly away uni's! :p

Those home uni's they wore Sunday were dreadful.

Not uche!!!! Patriots need his speed this game

He could have easily gone the route we have heard for almost 20 years and deflect the entire question with a bland "we all need to improve and take care of the ball". Instead he went to bat for Harry to specifically deflate those hot takes.

Thank you, you're right.

Don't know if I've ever seen the "Resting Veteran" designation. Sounds kinda cute.

Looks like we may have to wait a little longer to see Uche in action. I hope Asiasi and Keene get some snaps.

Defense: Stop Wilson, stop Seattle.
Offense: Challenge the seams, quick screens

I believe that Seattle will focus on throwing and try to jump out to a 2 score lead to force Newton to play from behind. Despite Fitzgerald throwing 2 INTs and Miamis best WR Devante Parker out in the 2nd half last Sunday, the score @ the 10:35 mark of the 4th quarter was NE 14 - 11 Miami. The Pats were not comfortably in the drivers seat until Fitzgerald's 3rd INT sealing the Dolphins fate.

Yes the NE secondary is very good, and I wont be surprised to see Wilson throw 1 INT, but I do not believe that he will lose the game for Seattle like Fitzgerald.

NE will still stick to the run, but if time is an issue the Pats will have to resort to their passing game which seems like a questionable area at the moment. Maybe not. Maybe Keene is an answer. Maybe Harry will show everyone why he was worth a 1st round draft pick. I believe that BB is waiting to possibly bring in a FA WR until he sees how this present group pans out.

This really sucks about Uche. I'd love to see him on the field. I really liked what I saw of Anfernee.
Want to see a lot of Dugger as well.

This year is going to be key for the young Defenders. If they can get the experience they need, the defense will be really formidable next year, as vets like the McCourty twins, Chung, Brooks, Hightower, are phased out.

Look at all the youth: JC Jackson, Winovich, Uche, Jones, JJ Williams, Dugger, Anfernee, Bentley, Cowart, Wise, even Rivers.

There are a lot of young guys on this list.

Plus with Newton coming back with more control of the offense, they can do some real damage next year. Only question marks really are Thuney and the WR core with a soon to be 35 year old Edelman.

this is the week we see if we have anything at receiver/tight end. I think the pats defense will be strong as usual but Wilson is a much better QB than fitzpatrick. running cam newton 15 times is not sustainable, and while I think we will be able to run. The patriots are going to have to pass more than they did in the last game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back