PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats moving some south end zone seats

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I don't agree that the Krafts are pit vipers, I do agree that they do what is best for them in terms of making money, not die hard fans. Luckily, the interests of both have been mostly paralell since they took over. They are offering some consolation to those who have to be moved (free parking for a year(about a $400 benefit) and choice of seats elsewhere in the stadium [at their current rate, which may be higher than what the season ticket holder is paying now]), but my question is, if they are having trouble filling club seats, and marketing shows lowly regular season ticket holders like me would pay to belong to a club where you could sit and have a drink, why aren't they using a section of the huge clubs they already have, which are used by the club seat owners? They expanded those just a few years ago. Seems like they could rope off part of each one and use that for their sports bar, rather than upsetting a fairly sizeable group of diehard fans.
Reports say that season ticket holders were surveyed by the team and people asked for "more amenities," like a lounge. I don't recall seeing any such poll or survey, and I surely wouldn't ask the team to build a lounge for my perusal. I still want to give the Krafts the benefit of a doubt on this as far as making right by those being displaced, but the more I read about it the dumber this concept appears. Those first few rows of the end zone are important to fan involvement in the game.

I have seen some end zone "party decks", but the ones that I can think of are all at least half way up between the first and last rows of seating.

resize-tundra-drumline.jpg
Everbank Field down here also has a "Bud Zone" located in the same area.

Reports say that season ticket holders were surveyed by the team and people asked for "more amenities," like a lounge. I don't recall seeing any such poll or survey, and I surely wouldn't ask the team to build a lounge for my perusal. I still want to give the Krafts the benefit of a doubt on this as far as making right by those being displaced, but the more I read about it the dumber this concept appears. Those first few rows of the end zone are important to fan involvement in the game.
I vaguely remember getting a survey like that and filling it out. However, like I said in an earlier post, the survey would ask:

"Would you like more amenities, such as a lounge?"

and not

"Would you like more amenities, such as a lounge, built at the expense to relocating 1,500 long time season ticket holders?"

I was displaced from row 8 section 124 in Foxboro Stadium to accommodate The Club when Gillette Stadium was built. Now I am being moved again from section 118 which I love and have developed lasting friendships with fellow fans. Has anyone felt duped by the fact that the affected Season Ticket Holders were notified of the required seat relocation after the invoice due date? I find it hard to believe that the Patriots Organization did not know the changes were in scope before the invoices were sent out. Why can't we have the option to sit in our seats this season if the organization plans to sell them as individual game tickets? The ticket office told us that they wanted to get all the affected STH sorted and I get that; however, why not allow us to sit in our existing seats one more year and sell our relocated seats as individual game tickets?

Thank you for allowing me to post / vent

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey