PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats moving some south end zone seats

Status
Not open for further replies.
is this an English class or a fan website? Bring something to the table, wingnut!!! I am sending this message with peace and love....i am warning you, after today I will proof read all of my post!

Not only is he super greedy but I hear Bob Kraft killed our Lord.

I feel bad for the fans being screwed by this. I especially feel bad considering I think I am going to benefit from this. I am literally within spitting distance of the displaced groups. In fact, I think I may now have front row seats in my section. I am obviously not any closer to the field, but now there may not be anyone in front of me and I will have very easy access to this lounge.

Yeah, i'm sure krafty bob doesn't make any money off of the stadium. He didn't go with PSLs because he knows most fans would not go for it. They only reason he has been adding to the stadium is he gets a break on revenue sharing if he re-invest into the stadium.

Joker - Grow up...you seem like a liberal moonbat english major! Sounds like your the perfect customer to fill the new wine and cheese section.

MrWallnuts - This isn't the political forum so zip it. Furthermore, Joker isn't a liberal. Far from it. But the least you could do is sound semi-intelligent in your posts. Which you don't.

Furthermore, you clearly know nothing about the CBA, Revenue Sharing, etc, please don't comment on it because you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

is this an English class or a fan website? Bring something to the table, wingnut!!! I am sending this message with peace and love....i am warning you, after today I will proof read all of my post!

Pot calling the kettle black. You haven't brought anything to the table but whining and insults.

Well, you learned something - you finally capitalized "English.". Now, you need to work on your singular and plural nouns, such as " posts", rather than "post.". But, you're getting there, Hemingway. However, you lied - you're obviously not proofreading yet...

mrwallnuts is king of posts.

rUOTE="BUSTAMOVE, post: 3819057, member: 20165"]Been a season ticket holder for 20 years. Love what the Krafts have done to be competitive year in and out. But eventually Greed does you in. Calls us share holders in his letters to us. Displacing 1500 share holders (I'm not one of them), is pretty lame. So you can sell another product. A fan lounge in the end zone. Browns had the Dawg Pound. We will have the pink hat fan lounge. And most of those pink hats are men[/QUOTE]

A "shareholder" is a part owner.

The season ticket holders are not "shareholders". They are a RENTERS.

Buy a PSL, and THEN they would be "shareholders".

I also hate the idea of turning the end zone into a lounge. Blame the tax code and the deduction for business entertainment and dining expenses. Think that's not the crux of the issue? Just compare US stadiums built in the last 20 years to those built 40-50 years ago. Notice the larger amounts of glass? Notice fewer open air seating? Think it's a coincidence? Now compare US stadiums to stadiums in other countries/tax jurisdictions. I'm not seeing the same walls of glass in foreign stadiums.

Last edited:
To clarify, CenturyLink Field has seats in the entire lower bowl http://seahawks.io-media.com/ and no such fanzone. I feel "duped" as well.

Then you should hope Kraft does the same as the Seahawks and institutes mandatory PSL's for the fans that are STILL paying taxes on the bonds issued by the State of Washington to pay 70% of the cost of Century Link Field.

Then you won't feel so "duped".

(.....but you will have been).

MrWallnuts - This isn't the political forum so zip it. Furthermore, Joker isn't a liberal. Far from it. But the least you could do is sound semi-intelligent in your posts. Which you don't.

Furthermore, you clearly know nothing about the CBA, Revenue Sharing, etc, please don't comment on it because you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

DaBruinz – You owe me an apology! I have only been going to the games since 1978. I am not your typical bandwagon post 2001 Patriots fan. I had invested more time and money into this team while fans like you jump on the bandwagon when the team started to win. I can remember going to games when there were only 20K fans in the stadium. I was at Bryant College when there was a handful of fans there to watch practice. I have traveled to multiple away games and Super Bowls.

I have ten tickets in one of the sections being displaced, and I feel I have the right to be upset. I think the Kraft’s should be more loyal to the fans who had been there before they owned the team!! We are the ones who will still be there when the Belichick and Brady era is over!! Let’s hope you will still be there, as well!!

As far as an apology…The Kraft group gets a break from revenue sharing when making improvements in the stadium. Read this link and then send me an apology.

Source: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-.../4755288/quick-hit-thoughts-around-pats-nfl-6

10. NFL owners and some top executives gathered last week as part of a regularly scheduled league meeting, and one development with a Patriots tie-in is that upgrades for Gillette Stadium were approved. This is pretty common, as I understand it. The way it works is that every team has to share a certain percentage of ticket revenue with all teams, but in this case, part of the percentage the Patriots would normally share can instead be earmarked for stadium improvements. The league also approved the same thing for the Jaguars this year. So naturally the next question is: What improvements might be coming to Gillette, which opened in 2002? We’ll stay tuned.

.[/QUOTE]

rUOTE="BUSTAMOVE, post: 3819057, member: 20165"]Been a season ticket holder for 20 years. Love what the Krafts have done to be competitive year in and out. But eventually Greed does you in. Calls us share holders in his letters to us. Displacing 1500 share holders (I'm not one of them), is pretty lame. So you can sell another product. A fan lounge in the end zone. Browns had the Dawg Pound. We will have the pink hat fan lounge. And most of those pink hats are men

A "shareholder" is a part owner.

The season ticket holders are not "shareholders". They are a RENTERS.

Buy a PSL, and THEN they would be "shareholders".

I also hate the idea of turning the end zone into a lounge. Blame the tax code and the deduction for business entertainment and dining expenses. Think that's not the crux of the issue? Just compare US stadiums built in the last 20 years to those built 40-50 years ago. Notice the larger amounts of glass? Notice fewer open air seating? Think it's a coincidence? Now compare US stadiums to stadiums in other countries/tax jurisdictions. I'm not seeing the same walls of glass in foreign stadiums.[/QUOTE]

You sound like your the 5th Kraft son???

I've also been displaced and as a longtime ST holder was pretty much left with the option of selecting seats that are not even close to comparable or seats that still suck and are more money. This is on top of just paying the increase on the original endzone tics for this year which we were hit with (and which I gladly pay). With only 1500 affected Kraft could have handled this in a much more personal way but its clear that he choose the strictly business model. He knows if I gave up the seats they would be filled the next day. Kraft loss the ability to relate to the general ST holder a long time ago and I'd probably be the same way.

DaBruinz – You owe me an apology! I have only been going to the games since 1978. I am not your typical bandwagon post 2001 Patriots fan. I had invested more time and money into this team while fans like you jump on the bandwagon when the team started to win. I can remember going to games when there were only 20K fans in the stadium. I was at Bryant College when there was a handful of fans there to watch practice. I have traveled to multiple away games and Super Bowls.

I have ten tickets in one of the sections being displaced, and I feel I have the right to be upset. I think the Kraft’s should be more loyal to the fans who had been there before they owned the team!! We are the ones who will still be there when the Belichick and Brady era is over!! Let’s hope you will still be there, as well!!

As far as an apology…The Kraft group gets a break from revenue sharing when making improvements in the stadium. Read this link and then send me an apology.

Source: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-.../4755288/quick-hit-thoughts-around-pats-nfl-6

10. NFL owners and some top executives gathered last week as part of a regularly scheduled league meeting, and one development with a Patriots tie-in is that upgrades for Gillette Stadium were approved. This is pretty common, as I understand it. The way it works is that every team has to share a certain percentage of ticket revenue with all teams, but in this case, part of the percentage the Patriots would normally share can instead be earmarked for stadium improvements. The league also approved the same thing for the Jaguars this year. So naturally the next question is: What improvements might be coming to Gillette, which opened in 2002? We’ll stay tuned.

You're not an investor, you're a renter. Just like the rest of us.

Do you know who WAS a real investor of the Boston Patriots???? The folks (like my father) who actually owned shares of stock in the team made available to the fans in September 1960 - - that Billy Sullivan bought back with the NFL-AFL merger in 1970. THAT was the last time regular fans could say they were "shareholders" or "investors" in the team. The piffle you and Homeland Defense are peddling is shear fantasy.

Buy a PSL and then you can say you "invested" in the team.

And cut the personal attacks on Joker, DaBruinz or anyone else. Congrats on going to the games since 1978. Many of us started earlier - - but this is no pissing contest.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="strongside, post: 3819525, member: 7583[/QUOTE]

You sound like your the 5th Kraft son???........

.[/QUOTE]

If you can't argue your point without resorting to that, maybe your point isn't that strong.

Strongside, you are warned as strongly as mrwallnuts' is if he doesn't cut that out against DaBruinz and Joker.

Make your points, many I agree with, but if you're going to resort to personal attacks just because someone disagrees with you, you are now warned.

Last edited:
shmessy. My quote stated that Kraft refers to us as shareholders. I do not believe I am one. He pacifies you when it is advantageous to himself. But when it is time to pad onto the billions, his true integrity displays itself. Again, I love what he has done to bring us Championships and continued competitiveness. I has many others have been loyal to him. He could put this lounge above those sections where the big McDonalds is. But that produces more revenue than the loyal fans. More of us need to call him out to keep him honest. I have more respect for a person who tells it like it is, than one who pisses on your back and tells you it's raining!

shmessy. My quote stated that Kraft refers to us as shareholders. I do not believe I am one. He pacifies you when it is advantageous to himself. But when it is time to pad onto the billions, his true integrity displays itself. Again, I love what he has done to bring us Championships and continued competitiveness. I has many others have been loyal to him. He could put this lounge above those sections where the big McDonalds is. But that produces more revenue than the loyal fans. More of us need to call him out to keep him honest. I have more respect for a person who tells it like it is, than one who pisses on your back and tells you it's raining!

I fully agree with you there. Personally, I hatethe proposed change. I also hate the glassed in suites, etc. The stadium is quiet and, like many others in the NFL, is 20-30%% populated by businessmen entertaining clients.

I have had contention with only two things in this thread.

1) No one is a "shareholder" unless you own part of the team or own a PSL. You are a "renter" or "customer". If Kraft refers to these people as "shareholders" than he is in the wrong on that. I haven't seen an instance where he has done that - - but if he has, he was wrong.

2) Anyone can argue a post - - but when some of these posters start getting personal, that is not Ok.

shmessy - I would like to apologize for defending myself in regards to a couple of spelling mistakes that I made during my original post. I was attacked and called ignorant because Joker and Dabruinz did not agree with my point. Am I assuming they did not get warned? Moving forward, if someone attacks me, I will bring it to your attention instead of defending myself.

Now back to the topic…how would you feel if your Dad were being displaced by the Kraft’s after supporting the team for that many years? I think you would be upset. I believe Homeland and I are making valid points and we are the ones who a being attacked.

I apologize for my behavior, and it will not happen again.

MrWallnuts!

shmessy - I would like to apologize for defending myself in regards to a couple of spelling mistakes that I made during my original post. I was attacked and called ignorant because Joker and Dabruinz did not agree with my point. Am I assuming they did not get warned? Moving forward, if someone attacks me, I will bring it to your attention instead of defending myself.

Now back to the topic…how would you feel if your Dad were being displaced by the Kraft’s after supporting the team for that many years? I think you would be upset. I believe Homeland and I are making valid points and we are the ones who a being attacked.

I apologize for my behavior, and it will not happen again.

MrWallnuts!

No prob. Thanks for that.

As I wrote earlier I think this is just as stupid an idea for multi reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes