PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats exhibition games... does this happen to anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Despite the looooong wait I'll have had from watching any NEW Patriots live action, this happens to me... almost every time.

1. I'm all psyched beforehand... settle in with a nice glass of bourbon. Neat. :)

2. Watch the first series. Who the heck are these guys.

3. Watch the SECOND series. Who the heck are THESE guys.

4. Start messing around on the iPhone.

5. Turn off the TV before halftime.

https://imgflip.com/gif-maker

1st, 2nd and 3rd I pretty much watch end to end. 4th I'm kinda in n out.

I hope to God Parillo and Hart are no longer part of the broadcast. They make it unbearable.

I watch and sometimes rewatch them because I find the roster battles interesting.

Last year I watched with a friend while traveling to NH and I had never eaten bugs before so I bought freeze dried bugs off of Amazon and we made a game out of it that we had to eat bugs every time the Pats did something bad. It was that one really awful preseason game against the Panthers.

At halftime we were both so full of bugs that we both just ate a scorpion (those were the biggest ones and we were saving those for something crazy) and called it a day.

Definitely made the game more exciting. Also some of the bugs weren't that bad. The straight up freeze dried ones with no flavoring were kind of bad.

The scorpion was pretty meaty tasting on the inside. Silkworm larvae and crickets were good enough that if prepared right I think I'd eat them for more than just a test of intestinal fortitude. Water scorpions ****ing suck.

I watch and sometimes rewatch them because I find the roster battles interesting.

Last year I watched with a friend while traveling to NH and I had never eaten bugs before so I bought freeze dried bugs off of Amazon and we made a game out of it that we had to eat bugs every time the Pats did something bad. It was that one really awful preseason game against the Panthers.

At halftime we were both so full of bugs that we both just ate a scorpion (those were the biggest ones and we were saving those for something crazy) and called it a day.

Definitely made the game more exciting. Also some of the bugs weren't that bad. The straight up freeze dried ones with no flavoring were kind of bad.

The scorpion was pretty meaty tasting on the inside. Silkworm larvae and crickets were good enough that if prepared right I think I'd eat them for more than just a test of intestinal fortitude. Water scorpions ****ing suck.
I'd have worried that those freeze dried bugs would thaw and start crawling 'round your insides. Not that has anything to do with Peril and Hart messing with your head.

Despite the looooong wait I'll have had from watching any NEW Patriots live action, this happens to me... almost every time.

1. I'm all psyched beforehand... settle in with a nice glass of bourbon. Neat. :)

Close but not quite and it varies by which exhibition game it is. When it's the 1st one...

1. My curiosity piqued....settle in with a nice glass of chilled but neat Crown Royal.

2. Watch the first series. Convince myself that some football is better than none football...refill glass

3. Second series, lack of familiarity, onfield ineptitude and awful announcing begins grating. Consider a bigger glass.

4. Second half. Never heard of any of these guys and never will again. Volume now way down, perusing laptop. Realize bigger glass has resulted in an inexplicable rate of evaporation.

5. Conclude just maybe none football is significantly better than THIS football, erase game from DVR.

pouring.gif

Last edited:
I skip preseason games and look at twitter feeds after the game is over to see if anyone who matters got injured.

Still traumatized by the final 1986 preseason game.

Close but not quite and it varies by which exhibition game it is. When it's the 1st one...

1. My curiosity piqued....settle in with a nice glass of chilled but neat Crown Royal.

2. Watch the first series. Convince myself that some football is better than none football...refill glass

3. Second series, lack of familiarity, onfield ineptitude and awful announcing begins grating. Consider a bigger glass.

4. Second half. Never heard of any of these guys and never will again. Volume now way down, perusing laptop. Realize bigger glass has resulted in an inexplicable rate of evaporation.

5. Conclude just maybe none football is significantly better than THIS football, erase game from DVR.

View attachment 23796
Does your rottweiler knock over your glass? I mean perhaps my people would and perhaps they would not...

Does your rottweiler knock over your glass? I mean perhaps my people would and perhaps they would not...

Our Rottie stays off both the furniture and my hands, he's a good pup. Besides, he prefers single malt

Our Rottie stays off both the furniture and my hands, he's a good pup. Besides, he prefers single malt

Is he Quick? Can he rush a passer?

If I'm up in CT at the time, I'll probably tune in, and depending on who's playing will determine my level of interest as the game goes on. It'll stay as background noise if nothing else. Sometimes the roster battles in Games 3 and 4 catch my interest, but only rarely.

1st, 2nd and 3rd I pretty much watch end to end. 4th I'm kinda in n out.

I hope to God Parillo and Hart are no longer part of the broadcast. They make it unbearable.

I loved Fauria announcing how the retirement of Vince Wilfork opened up a spot for those young guys to go after. You know....because Wilfork hadn't played on another team for two years before retiring.

I loved Fauria announcing how the retirement of Vince Wilfork opened up a spot for those young guys to go after. You know....because Wilfork hadn't played on another team for two years before retiring.
Fauria drives me crazy on a number of levels.

Nope.

I actually really enjoy the first 3 preseason games to have a look beyond the starters. The last one is a pointless affair though. Except for the players who after it will never step on the field again I guess.

I remember watching one a few years ago and LeBlanc was all over the field and I was thinking, man he going to be a good player for whatever team scoops him up as soon as the Pats cut him.

I usually have to watch a replay on the NFLN, I will find a way to watch the 3rd pre-season game, where I hold my breath until Brady goes to the bench for good!

I like watching the back of the roster guys play. I disagree with the sentiment some have that there's no real insights to be made from preseason games. The depth chart is often exposed in a lot of places. The preseason made it clear to us that Malcolm Butler would be a good player. It made it clear that BB somehow thought Keionta Davis and Jordan Devey were starter material once upon a time. None of this is to say that the preseason isn't bad for the players because it definitely is. I'll definitely be watching though.

I'm going to the third one in hopes that I can watch the starters play for 20 cents on the dollar.

I like watching the back of the roster guys play. I disagree with the sentiment some have that there's no real insights to be made from preseason games. The depth chart is often exposed in a lot of places.

Uh huh... see, here's the problem with that for me... I barely know the roster IN SEASON... there was some DL I didn't know about last year until the SUPER BOWL... John Simon, I think? Hell, for all I know it could have been Paul Simon... 40 new names... nothing familiar...

https://imgflip.com/gif-maker

I skip going to the preseason games, but I almost always watch until the bitter end on TV. However, I start out with my family in the room, and I am the only one left in the room by the end, every time.

Is he Quick? Can he rush a passer?

Not only is he quick, he never fails to take down the passer. The problem is he draws a roughing call every damn time

Pre season is one of the best parts of the season imo. I love watching the back ups play it's like an entirely different team in Pats jerseys. Then when they suck I get a renewed appreciation for the current guys

I do the same thing....

...with alcohol. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes