Status
Not open for further replies.

JMC00

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Brett Bielema is DL coach
Jerod Mayo ILB coach
DeMarcus Covington OLB coach
Joe Judge WR coach (still ST coach and will coordinate with ST asst. Cameron Achord)
Mike Pellegrino CB coach

Fortunately not many surprises.

Even Joe Judge expanding his responsibilities on his way to climb the ladder farther up towards HC was talked about.

Seems like a fine group. Maybe the hysteria was premature.

So it looks like Popovich didn’t get a promotion to a different position group after all. They added a new assistant with an OL background, so they might just give Scarnecchia two assistants this year. That would make sense if it helps keep him around for a few extra years.

Interesting that there are separate ILB and OLB coaches. I wonder how that distinction is defined by the team, since I really see the LBs as one group.

Seems like a fine group. Maybe the hysteria was premature.
It'll be interesting to see who is wearing a red top on game days.

So it looks like Popovich didn’t get a promotion to a different position group after all. They added a new assistant with an OL background, so they might just give Scarnecchia two assistants this year. That would make sense if it helps keep him around for a few extra years.
Plus Scar can be a roaming instructor just like BB. Free him up and help out where needed.

Christ, collectively he and BB have almost a century of football experience. Crazy

i hope mayo hangs around for awhile.

If Steve has the safeties isn’t mikes group bestcalled CBs instead of DBs?

So is BB calling the shots now on D or Bielema going to get a look during training camp?
Mayo may not be ready though he had the dotted helmet back in the day, yes? His time will come.

So is BB calling the shots now on D or Bielema going to get a look during training camp?
Mayo may not be ready though he had the dotted helmet back in the day, yes? His time will come.
I think this is a bit nuanced and is different from organization to organization.

My understanding is BB dictates to the OC/DC what he wants to see in the game plan for the next week. The OC/DC come up with the plan, packages, etc with input from the other coaches and then present it to BB for approval. Then the OC/DC install it in practice and they tweak it throughout the week.

The gameday playcalling is typically done by the OC/DC and BB will overrule or tell the OC/DC what to do.

As it pertains to 2019, BB might do more DC gameplanning and more playcalling/overruling than say when RAC or Fat Matt were here but I fully expect someone experienced in gamedays like Bielema to call the plays.

If Steve has the safeties isn’t mikes group bestcalled CBs instead of DBs?
It would seem the rise of Steve Belichick was premature. Pellegrino appears to have the DBs with Steve an assistant for Safety.

Oh and of course my influence is overlooked... Again...

The more assistants that looks over what Scar does the better. Don't wanna repeat the Daboll situation of 2013 where you have someone shadow Scar for a year only to move him to another position a year later.

Belichick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye