PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats are to Manning as Broncos are to Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdmaverick

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Have the Broncos become the kryptonite to Brady's Superman, much like we have been the kryptonite for Peyton Manning?

Off the top of my head I think that Brady has a sub .500 record against only like 4 teams in the league (Denver, San Diego 1-2, Washington 0-1 , Green Bay 0-1)

Brady is 1-4 against the Broncos with his lone win coming against Danny Kennell at quarterback (or however you spell his name)

what do you guys think?

brdmaverick said:
Have the Broncos become the kryptonite to Brady's Superman, much like we have been the kryptonite for Peyton Manning?

Off the top of my head I think that Brady has a sub .500 record against only like 4 teams in the league (Denver, San Diego 1-2, Washington 0-1 , Green Bay 0-1)

Brady is 1-4 against the Broncos with his lone win coming against Danny Kennell at quarterback (or however you spell his name)

what do you guys think?

i think we should be playing Pittsburg.

All teams have tough matchups. Ours have seemed to be Denver in Denver and Miami in Miami, although we have won some of those in the Brady era. The early season Denver loss came at a low point for the defense that appeared to be rectified in the rematch. The offense however was malfunctioning badly in that rematch (not to mention the officiating) which meant Denver caught a break in addition to the bye week and home field advantage they had earned. Had the 2004 Pats played the Broncos twice on the road the outcome probably would have been different. So I don't think it's a kryptonite kind of thing. Any more than I think the run is over. We hit a couple of nasty bumps in the road. It happens. We need to stop reading too much into it.

Nice thing is next year the rematch is on our turf. Hopefully at full strength.

More than that, I think Denver in general has been a major pain in the ***** for the Patriots. For some reason, they have our number and have had it for as long as I can remember. The Mosi fumble in 1984, the playoff loss in 1987, the massacre in 2002 at home, now this latest debacle.

Sometimes in sports, one team has the others number, like us vs the Dolts............

I believe Brady is 1-3 against the donkeys. There'll be some payback next year at Gillette.

What is this, the SATs? ;)

I think bradys kryptonite is Miami.. He never plays good against them for some reason..

Chris

brdmaverick said:

what do you guys think?

Couldn't agree more, however, it seems that denver has always played the Patriots tough no matter who is at QB.....

They really have our number!

All I know is Brady beat the Broncos on the way to a Super Bowl. So comparing him to Manning, in this regard, is way off base.

Pats are to Manning as Broncos are to Brady?

Walking up the down escalator is like eating on the toilet.

brdmaverick said:

what do you guys think?

I think you're right. The Pats have a LONG history of problems with the Broncos-going way back.

Too bad they couldn't have played the Colts instead.

However, the Pats outplayed them and could have just as easily won the game as lost it.

devour said:
I believe Brady is 1-3 against the donkeys. There'll be some payback next year at Gillette.

ah yes,

you are correct

thinking about it now the Broncos beat the Pats in 2002 and twice in 2005, and the Pats beat them in 2003. 1-3 it is, I stand corrected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes