PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots will end 2010-2019 with the best record of any NFL team in any decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW the Patriots need 2 years to tie and 3 to exceed the Cowboys record of 20 seasons with a record of over 500. The Steelers actually have a current steak of 15 straight above 500 seasons putting them right behind the Pats active streak of 18. NE's 18 does only trail the Cowboys for the all time record.

In case you were wondering the Bucs hold the record at 14 straight under 500 from 83-96. The Browns are currently at 11 years as the longest active streak. They look poised to break it but off season SBs don't often work out.

BTW the Patriots need 2 years to tie and 3 to exceed the Cowboys record of 20 seasons with a record of over 500. The Steelers actually have a current steak of 15 straight above 500 seasons putting them right behind the Pats active streak of 18. NE's 18 does only trail the Cowboys for the all time record.

In case you were wondering the Bucs hold the record at 14 straight under 500 from 83-96. The Browns are currently at 11 years as the longest active streak. They look poised to break it but off season SBs don't often work out.

The Steelers acutally finished at 500 in 2013.

Also:

Belichick is currently tied for football championships with George Halas and Curly Lambeau at 6. Lombardi is in second with 5.

So add just another point of potential history to this upcoming season.

Simple question (and take some time thinking it over):

Has there ever been a US sports franchise entering a season with so many historic records at stake? (career personal and team)

I dunno - maybe the Stengel Yankees in 1958 or the Auerbach Celtics of 1966 or the Russell Celtics of 1969? (I’m still in awe of Bill Russell as the greatest single American champion of all time 11 NBAs, 2 NCAAs and 1 Olympic Gold - no one will ever match that.)

Last edited:
I know it would have been very odd, but a Year Zero would have saved everyone alot of grief...

It wouldn't be odd, it'd be even ;) Starting at 1 makes zero sense (not 1 sense). Year 1 means 1 year has elapsed. Going straight from -1 to +1 isnt logical... Zero is a number... I mean, did they celebrate year 10 as a ten-year anniversary? They couldnt have becuase it would have been a lie, only 9 elapsed years!!!!

Nine seasons, nine first round byes. Good luck posterity.

Also:

Belichick is currently tied for football championships with George Halas and Curly Lambeau at 6. Lombardi is in second with 5.

So add just another point of potential history to this upcoming season.

Simple question (and take some time thinking it over):

Has there ever been a US sports franchise entering a season with so many historic records at stake? (career personal and team)

I dunno - maybe the Stengel Yankees in 1958 or the Auerbach Celtics of 1966 or the Russell Celtics of 1969? (I’m still in awe of Bill Russell as the greatest single American champion of all time 11 NBAs, 2 NCAAs and 1 Olympic Gold - no one will ever match that.)
Paul Brown won 7 championships. I don't know anything about how the AAFC merged into the NFL but Paul Brown did win in his first season in the NFL including leading his team to 6 straight NFL Championship games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back