PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

****** Patriots v. Jaguars Pre Game Thread ******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the fear about Brady not playing real? Or was that just overblown hype?

Some well-discussed speculation was that it was a possible dislocated thumb or another finger, where bones actually pierced the skin. If that had been true, no matter how tough he is, there would be no 3 day recovery. But apparently it was all BS.

OT: I think they did a pretty good job with that, although I would’ve liked to have seen the project itself a bit darker. The concept of “IT” is scary as hell, and I’m hoping the second part brings it up a notch.

For example, the deleted scene where he’s back in the 1800s and he eats the woman’s baby should have been included, even if they didn’t show the act itself. I’d have liked to have seen it a bit more disturbing, but not necessarily in a graphic blood and gore sense. Moreso in a very creepy psychological nature.

I agree, the 1990s version is as good as this but this ones not bad. The book is outright madness. I’d like them to touch on the things like the iron mill disaster and Roanoke island vanishing more. Show the part where the guy eats his own heart. The black spot and ax murderer Claude hearuex lol. It’s good for a chapter one I guess. Remember the creepy kid who kept dead animals in the fridge? I want to see them integrate that insanity more from the book.

Goddamn nerves are getting worse and worse. I'm going to have to practice some deep breathing when we have an hour to go.
I would suggest listening to some Gordon Lightfoot. Specifically Gordo's Gold Vol 1 and 2

:p

I am sooooo mad that they are not giving the Pats defense a nod....%$^@^@#^#^#^$^#^They're gonna pay!!!

Pointing out that having a positive turnover differential lends itself to winning is seriously the laziest and most played out take of all time and should result in the person losing his job.
Still prefer that to **** like here's the list of current NBA players with 7.3 ppg, 3.2 ast, 1.7 rebounds, .6 blocks, in 23 minutes or less:

Marcus Smart

Unless I missed it, what time does the inactive list come out? 1 PM? Thanks

I expect this game to be somewhat close early before professors Brady and Belichick give this young team a harsh lesson in playoff football.

Goddamn nerves are getting worse and worse. I'm going to have to practice some deep breathing when we have an hour to go.

Drinking heavily is much more effective, plus it helps you blend in with the game day thread crowd.

View attachment 19368

The #'s with just one WR:
1-3: 67% rtg allowed; 11.2 YPA; QB rtg - 113.2
2-2: 60% rtg allowed; 5.4 YPA; QB rtg - 114.2
Did you notice those stats stop at week 14?
Can we get some depth tobthr stats?

If 3 WRs are primarily used on 3rd and long the # of WRs is just coincidence not causational for example.
Plus what us his definition of success rate and hiw is that affected by down and distance.

People keep throwing numbers made up by this guy around without context and pretending they mean something they likely don’t.

Cooks +/- 60.5 rcvg yards today... Wow, that's a big #....

I expect this game to be somewhat close early before professors Brady and Belichick give this young team a harsh lesson in playoff football.
Agree, I have a hunch the game will start out tied. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes