PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots sign Brandon King to 2 year extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thirteen to go including all the biggies.

Could mean the end for Slater, Ebner, maybe both. Who knows?

Could mean the end for Slater, Ebner, maybe both. Who knows?

I'm curious where that supposition comes from. Since they all played together in the past it's not as though King would be taking Slater or Ebner's slot.

Neat, hes a good instagram follow

Hey guys every safety under agreement is more of a chance to take Richards off the roster.
In that context
Amazing Signing!
Lol

You don’t start with big name role specific signings, you start by filling the positions that require the player to fill the many ST roles that need to be filled. This is standard operating procedure for the Patriots.

You don’t start with big name role specific signings, you start by filling the positions that require the player to fill the many ST roles that need to be filled. This is standard operating procedure for the Patriots.
I am still puzzled why other teams dont try and snag Patriots Patriots special teamers. Brandon Bolden would seem to be a valuable piece for a team like Detroit, especially with all their Pats connections, but nope he signs for a little over the veteran minimum.

I am still puzzled why other teams dont try and snag Patriots Patriots special teamers. Brandon Bolden would seem to be a valuable piece for a team like Detroit, especially with all their Pats connections, but nope he signs for a little over the veteran minimum.

When Belichick is asked good football questions he gives good answers. I learned a lot listening to him discuss the loss of Ebnervand how may roles had to be filled in his absence. It really demonstrated why he values the players who can fill multiple roles in the team.

52 spots still available!

The other thing is, I'd bet that guys like this are a lot easier to negotiate with than everyone else. Their leverage is much more limited. Might as well get Bolden and King out of the way while they deal with much tougher negotiations with the big money guys in Solder and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots