PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots QB Conundrum - How Many, And Who?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who are your 2019 Patriots QBs?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

livinginthe past

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Get your votes in now?

Which way will Bill go?

Is there a trade market for Hoyer? Could the Pats get something for him instead of just releasing him?

Is there a trade market for Hoyer? Could the Pats get something for him instead of just releasing him?

Maybe mid-season. Right now , none.

Maybe mid-season. Right now , none.
That's what I'm afraid of. I'm sure that as the season proceeds and QB injuries mount, an opportunity would come up, but can they wait that long at the expense of a roster spot?

I don't think they will wait. The opportunity cost of losing a talented, young fringe player is too much, in my opinion.

They could get a 6th for him, I think.

I think Hoyer is gone still this week either by a small trade or straight release so there's time for him to catch up with some other team.

BB values that #53 spot more than any other coach so I think there's no way we carry 3 QB's with the kid proving he already has a better arm and accuracy than Hoyer.

Ray Lewis killed a few QB's .........

If I had to guess I’d say we keep all 3 but we’ve gone with a rookie backup in 2014 and 2009 so it’s not unprecedented if Hoyer goes.

Check, please!

What might happen with the QB situation in 2020 will, I'm sure, have some play in this decision. Who does BB see starting and who backing-up next season and down the line?

Get your votes in now?

Which way will Bill go?
Brady and Stidham....they honestly don’t need Hoyer and it’s waste of a roster spot they could use at another position of need!

Brady and Stidham....they honestly don’t need Hoyer and it’s waste of a roster spot they could use at another position of need!
I agree ... Hoyer can do many things for the team but winning games is not one of them.

Stidham was drafted because he has potential to be an NFL starting QB and he has shown in 3 preseason games that he has that potential. If he wasn't ready, Bill would go with 3 QBs but there is no point in wasting a roster spot. The biggest question about Stidham was if that 2017 season in college is who he really is capable of being or was it a fluke? It was not a fluke, now that he has a legit coaching staff and o line, he can do what he does best. Hoyer is a great guy and a solid backup but this is a business and I dont want to stop the winning. Brady-Stidham

There is no universe in which it is only Brady and Hoyer.

Stidham was drafted because he has potential to be an NFL starting QB and he has shown in 3 preseason games that he has that potential. If he wasn't ready, Bill would go with 3 QBs but there is no point in wasting a roster spot. Hoyer is a great guy and a solid backup but this is a business and I dont want to stop the winning. Brady-Stidham
He's not ready. Has talent, but he's not ready.

He's not ready. Has talent, but he's not ready.
Even as a rookie, he is better than Hoyer as it pertains to raw talent. Give him some time to learn behind Brady.

Jarrett may have a future as an NFL QB, but we certainly don't know that yet based on 3 preseason games against mainly scrubs. Best thing for his future chances is to sit on the bench, watch, learn, and shut the **** up.

Even as a rookie, he is better than Hoyer as it pertains to raw talent. Give him some time to learn behind Brady.
Agree with all of this, but if Brady goes down, Stidham would be a train wreck at this point. I don't think they'll be dropping those picks in the regular season, and I don't think the Patriots have the depth to make up for the hospital balls.

Agree with all of this, but if Brady goes down, Stidham would be a train wreck at this point. I don't think they'll be dropping those picks in the regular season, and I don't think the Patriots have the depth to make up for the hospital balls.
Brady has been good in recent years at avoiding injuries. Been listed on the injury report but it has not been bad enough to keep him down.

Brady has been good in recent years at avoiding injuries. Been listed on the injury report but it has not been bad enough to keep him down.
So, you're willing to risk that a 42-year-old quarterback will miss no time, and gamble without having a competent backup?

I don't think Belichick will take that risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes