PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriot's players still open to Antonio Brown reunion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres a reason no team has taken a flier on this guy. And its because the league has sent a clear message that if you sign him he is going right on the comissioners exempt list. And as we know from the brady trial...Goodell can do whatever he wants.

Theres a reason no team has taken a flier on this guy. And its because the league has sent a clear message that if you sign him he is going right on the comissioners exempt list. And as we know from the brady trial...Goodell can do whatever he wants.[/QUOTE
So I wonder if the Patriots never would of released Brown would he of still gone on the exempt list?

Theres a reason no team has taken a flier on this guy. And its because the league has sent a clear message that if you sign him he is going right on the comissioners exempt list. And as we know from the brady trial...Goodell can do whatever he wants.

Again based on what?

The league "battling" the NFLPA is like a lion catching a mouse. Brown can absolutely be signed, but no one has done so. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the reason is that teams assume they'd just be paying him to sit on the exempt list.

The other option, of course, is that the whole thing from Brown is an elaborate con job to get paid not to play and signing with a team would require him to actually play football. Which is a possibility, I suppose. It was Kaepernick's MO.

He’s not going on the exempt list. They’re not gonna set predecent. This is not a criminal case but a civil one in which the accuser has already lied once.

He’s not going on the exempt list. They’re not gonna set predecent. This is not a criminal case but a civil one in which the accuser has already lied once.
They put players on the exempt list before so this is not a precedent. Peterson, brown, hardy all come to mind.

By maybe the telling the owners not to sign him this is a way to keep the precedence that any civil matters will avoid the exempt list while ABs legal issues get resolved.

They put players on the exempt list before so this is not a precedent. Peterson, brown, hardy all come to mind.

All these players were arrested or charged criminally with either child/domestic abuse.

All these players were arrested or charged criminally with either child/domestic abuse.
I don’t think so. Josh brown wasn’t charged. Rice wasn’t charged. He was exempt listed also.
A Brown has had a civil suit filed against him.

So tell us why your lord and savior hasn’t been signed by anyone, not even by teams on the bubble who desperately need help.

I don’t think so. Josh brown wasn’t charged. Rice wasn’t charged. He was exempt listed also.
A Brown has had a civil suit filed against him.

Josh brown was arrested and admitted to authorities that he physically abused his now ex-wife.

Rice was also arrested for domestic abuse which was caught on video.

Last edited:
Josh brown was arrested and admitted to authorities that he physically abused his now ex-wife.
But he was never charged. Roethlisberger was suspended with no charges. Help Brady was suspended because science exists.
Also AB has a lot of issues beyond one civil suit. Remember it’s all about PR and most people out there think he threaten the kids of his accuser. Precedent is they conduct their own investigation whether law enforcement charges or not.
The Nfl isn’t interested in fairness (obviously we have seen many examples of that) but they are concerned with perception. The perception is AB is a bad guy who the Twitterverse will rip the league for endorsing rape and dv if they let him play. Therefore they won’t let him play. Him coming back will create a firestorm of attention. No way in hell they allow it.
I’m not sure if you have caught on to this but twitter runs the NFL not Goddell.

But he was never charged. Roethlisberger was suspended with no charges. Help Brady was suspended because science exists.
Also AB has a lot of issues beyond one civil suit. Remember it’s all about PR and most people out there think he threaten the kids of his accuser. Precedent is they conduct their own investigation whether law enforcement charges or not.
The Nfl isn’t interested in fairness (obviously we have seen many examples of that) but they are concerned with perception. The perception is AB is a bad guy who the Twitterverse will rip the league for endorsing rape and dv if they let him play. Therefore they won’t let him play. Him coming back will create a firestorm of attention. No way in hell they allow it.
I’m not sure if you have caught on to this but twitter runs the NFL not Goddell.

Agree with most of this but he was still arrested and charged with 4th degree domestic abuse with charges eventually dropped.

With AB no criminal charges related to sexual assault have been filed. Could the NFL put him on the exempt list if signed? Sure they’ve shown they can do whatever they want, but I’m just pointing out the differences in those aforementioned players who were placed on the list due to criminal legal matters and AB who is dealing with a civil suit.

Rice was also arresting for his assault and it was captured on video.

Hunt wasn't arrested or charged but was placed on the EL for conduct detrimental prior to being suspended. Considering the setting of a precedent regarding use of the EL over a civil suit has no bearing on AB's situation, besides it's a red herring argument anyway. Fraudger could place him on it for conduct detrimental just for the texts and social media posts and be on sustainable ground. Whether the Antoniots like it or not the only precedent that matters is the court validated one that conduct detrimental, and the appropriate punishment for it, is whatever the league decides it is.

You could've said the same for the following players at one point in time...

When has Corey Dillon acted like a "good teammate"?

When has Legarrette Blount acted like a "good teammate"?

How does that make the argument that he’s a good teammate?

Hunt wasn't arrested or charged but was placed on the EL for conduct detrimental prior to being suspended. Considering the setting of a precedent regarding use of the EL over a civil suit has no bearing on AB's situation, besides it's a red herring argument anyway. Fraudger could place him on it for conduct detrimental just for the texts and social media posts and be on sustainable ground. Whether the Antoniots like it or not the only precedent that matters is the court validated one that conduct detrimental, and the appropriate punishment for it, is whatever the league decides it is.

Hunt is an interesting case. Your right he wasn’t charged with anything, NFL found the video evidence was enough to sit him down. Would they feel the same way about text msgs? I know the media portrayed them as “threatening”, to me I would lean on the side that they were stupid and foolish, threatenings a stretch.

Your lord and savior AB doesn’t mean more to the GOAT than Belichick kraft and the franchise that he has won 6 titles with.
His own father just said he would never want to play anywhere else.
AB is not my lord and savior - that title goes to ************. I think it's reprehensible and unconscionable for Kraft not to sign him, but he's not my savior.

And if you think Brady isn't ticked, and probably more than slightly so, at Kraft at the moment over this, you're just not paying attention.

The last 20 years of the Patriots Dynasty and the reasons why they have been such a shockingly significant outlier to the rest of the league has completely flown over your head, hasn’t it?

No it hasn’t and I get it that it’s hard to tolerate tardiness. With that said, if you don’t have an effective replacement sometimes you have to just try and discipline. They could have suspended Gordon for 1 or 2 games instead of cutting him and see if that helps.

AB is not my lord and savior - that title goes to ************. I think it's reprehensible and unconscionable for Kraft not to sign him, but he's not my savior.

And if you think Brady isn't ticked, and probably more than slightly so, at Kraft at the moment over this, you're just not paying attention.
No I don’t think that because I know Brady’s history over 20 years, and I am not creating meaning in between his words or actions to support my predetermined belief.

Give me one clear example of Brady saying he is angry at kraft.

No it hasn’t and I get it that it’s hard to tolerate tardiness. With that said, if you don’t have an effective replacement sometimes you have to just try and discipline. They could have suspended Gordon for 1 or 2 games instead of cutting him and see if that helps.
The minute you accept disrespecting rules, teammates, coaches because you don’t have an effective replacement you no longer have any discipline.
We have no clue the depth of Gordon’s issues but we also know he wasn’t producing on the field either.

The minute you accept disrespecting rules, teammates, coaches because you don’t have an effective replacement you no longer have any discipline.
We have no clue the depth of Gordon’s issues but we also know he wasn’t producing on the field either.
This is where my drive to get AB back stutters. I feel he will not truly learn from this experience to stop being an *******. He will be rewarded beyond measure by coming back here because the offense is shaping up to fix some of their issues but his addition will coincide with a massive uptick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes