PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriot's players still open to Antonio Brown reunion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are being Obtuse. Every other player BB has let go, his response has always been, I made the best decision for our football team.

This is the only case where BB has said ask Kraft about it. Because clearly it was Kraft who made the decision.

WRONG!!!!

Once again - -read what Moosekill pasted verrrrry slowly:

"Asked if he’s been keeping an eye on the NFL’s investigation into Brown during his press conference on Wednesday, Belichick deferred to Kraft.
“Yeah, you can just talk to Robert about that,” Belichick said. “I mean, every week you guys ask me about players not on our team, and so every week it’s going to be the same answer.”

Look, if you cannot understand clear English, that's on you.

Belichick made the decision with Kraft and was on board with it. He told the press, regarding the subsequent NFL investigation into the Brown case, 'Ask Robert'. What's so hard for you?

Asked if he’s been keeping an eye on the NFL’s investigation into Brown during his press conference on Wednesday, Belichick deferred to Kraft.

“Yeah, you can just talk to Robert about that,” Belichick said. “I mean, every week you guys ask me about players not on our team, and so every week it’s going to be the same answer.”

Someone needs to call his bluff and ask him about lacrosse players and then after Bill gets done with his spoken word lacrosse erotica read this quote back to him and go 'GOTCHA!'

Q: Can you talk about Antonio's roll this weekend?

BB: "Uh, no. I'm not going to get into that. We're going to do what's best for the team like we always do."
That quote was about when AB was on the team, and BB was directly answering it. Find me one quote, where BB was talking about a player he released and said ask Robert it. Give me that, and your point is proven.

That quote was about when AB was on the team, and BB was directly answering it. Find me one quote, where BB was talking about a player he released and said ask Robert it. Give me that, and your point is proven.
He has never done it. That’s the point. He didn’t do it with brown he didn’t do it with anyone.
You are full of crap saying that he said it.
The comment you were referring to was about a question about him apologizing to kraft.

but fine if you want to believe that then you should be able to find a quote where Belichick was asked about cutting brown and he said ask kraft. You won’t because if never happened.

That quote was on the day he was cut.
His next comment was to Jacobsen on game day when he says we are worried about the players that are here, like he says every time.

They've won 3 Lombardis in the 5 years since he "bent over". I hope the guy never gets up!!!!

That's pretty clearly a false correlation.

Kraft did the following 3 things:

1. Married into a family with money;
2. Didn't move the team; and
3. Made the intelligent decision to hire BB and then generally stay out of personnel issues (except when he decided to step in to bend over on deflategate, and then when he had to save face after getting finger blasted in a spa)

P.S: oh yeah, and when he showed us all what a standup person he was by calling BB a schmuck after cameraplacement gate. Bravo Kraft.

That's pretty clearly a false correlation.

Kraft did the following 3 things:

1. Married into a family with money;
2. Didn't move the team; and
3. Made the intelligent decision to hire BB and then generally stay out of personnel issues (except when he decided to step in to bend over on deflategate, and then when he had to save face after getting finger blasted in a spa)

P.S: oh yeah, and when he showed us all what a standup person he was by calling BB a schmuck after cameraplacement gate. Bravo Kraft.

First - -I clearly wrote that line as a joke. Sorry you got "triggered".

In the meantime, you must think building a pathetic wreck on freaking Route 1 in Foxboro into the 2nd most valuable NFL franchise (7th in the world) while winning 6 Lombardis and being the only privately held major league owner in America NOT to soak local taxpayers for stadium funds or PSLs is simply "luck".

That type of thinking only works in comic books, Jlaff.

I get it. The kids love the flashy diva sports stars. To them, Antonio Brown is everything. The truth is that Bob Kraft is the ONLY reason we are even here on this website talking about something called the New England Patriots.

You can love him or hate him, but you and I would not be here writing about this right now on a website called "Patsfans.com" had any other human bought the team in 1994.

He's an old widow who got a rub and tug from a middle aged spa owner. Big Effing Deal. The AB apologists all of a sudden turn into Billy Graham in a desperate attempt to make a point. They're not fooling anyone.

It is what it is.

Last edited:
Greatest sports owner in American sports history. We are so lucky to have had him as the owner of the New England Patriots!

Greatest sports owner in American sports history. We are so lucky to have had him as the owner of the New England Patriots!
Not sure about GOAT owner but he's in the discussion with Walter Brown, Big Stein, O'Malley, Buss and Ruppert

If we really need to go down the but-for path it's Myra and her money that we should be thanking. And her naivety in trusting it to a guy who would later be sleeping with a 20 year old while she's on her deathbed.

PlainTautIrishsetter-size_restricted.gif

I realize we wouldn't be talking about the NE Patriots without him, and gave him credit for that. The point is Kraft isn't worthy of praise as some sort of football savant.

If we really need to go down the but-for path it's Myra and her money that we should be thanking. And her naivety in trusting it to a guy who would later be sleeping with a 20 year old while she's on her deathbed.

Every time Kraft interjects in Patriot matters it's for his own personal benefit:

1. Calls BB a schmuck after spygate so he can look good to all the uninformed individuals who were dumb enough to believe there was any substance to that charge;
2. Bends over for the league on deflategate so he can keep his seat at the league's big boy table;
3. Dumps AB over some innocuous texts because (in Kraft's view) the team was forced to take a holier-than-thou approach to respecting women after Kraft got caught soliciting a $59 *.

Would love to hear the examples where Bob actually took a risk (with his own money or reputation) for the benefit of the team.
Had the team moved and hired BB it would probably have had close to the same success. I would much rather have that than kraft owning the team, not hiring Belichick and having modest success in Foxboro. Of course I haven t live in New England for years so where they play may mean less to me than to others.

3. Made the intelligent decision to hire BB
He also let Belichick walk to NY after Parcells. Intelligent decision to hire him? Yes. Damn lucky Belichick didn't stay in NY when Parcells quit the Jets as HC? Yes. Kraft was a Belichick decision away from being the guy who let Belichick go to his team's rival.

He also let Belichick walk to NY after Parcells. Intelligent decision to hire him? Yes. Damn lucky Belichick didn't stay in NY when Parcells quit the Jets as HC? Yes. Kraft was a Belichick decision away from being the guy who let Belichick go to his team's rival.
The dynasty should have started 3 years sooner.

Had the team moved and hired BB it would probably have had close to the same success. I would much rather have that than kraft owning the team, not hiring Belichick and having modest success in Foxboro. Of course I haven t live in New England for years so where they play may mean less to me than to others.
It means everything to me and would have even when I was living in China. The only thing this team could do to make me stop rooting for them is move.

I root for anything PJ roots for...except that dyam ginseng root beer he's always touting..:confused:

He has never done it. That’s the point. He didn’t do it with brown he didn’t do it with anyone.
You are full of crap saying that he said it.
The comment you were referring to was about a question about him apologizing to kraft.

but fine if you want to believe that then you should be able to find a quote where Belichick was asked about cutting brown and he said ask kraft. You won’t because if never happened.
Have never seen BB once say ask Robert that in regards to a former player. Give me one quote. Proof is on you, otherwise it's obvious that the decision came from Kraft

I have no problems if it did come from Kraft, and I appreciate everything Kraft has done for this organization, and hate the bend over Bob talk.

But clearly this was a unique situation, where Kraft had to a make a business decision. Again, if you can find another BB quote in regards to former player saying ask Robert, I'll concede the point being made.

Not sure about GOAT owner but he's in the discussion with Walter Brown, Big Stein, O'Malley, Buss and Ruppert

Steinbrenner??? No. OMalley moved the Dodgers to LA. No. Walter Brown? Maybe. I don’t know more than a passing amount about Colonel Rupert.

Have never seen BB once say ask Robert that in regards to a former player. Give me one quote. Proof is on you, otherwise it's obvious that the decision came from Kraft

I have no problems if it did come from Kraft, and I appreciate everything Kraft has done for this organization, and hate the bend over Bob talk.

But clearly this was a unique situation, where Kraft had to a make a business decision. Again, if you can find another BB quote in regards to former player saying ask Robert, I'll concede the point being made.

Sigh. How many times do you need to be told that BB did not say that in regards to Brown being cut???

It was regarding the NFL INVESTIGATION of Brown. That is something that is a LEAGUE MATTER which means it is at the owner/commish level and not in a HC’s world - especially when it concerns a non-roster player.

Diagram needed?????

Q: Can you talk about Antonio's roll this weekend?

BB: "Uh, no. I'm not going to get into that. We're going to do what's best for the team like we always do."

You can't blame BB for not answering this. Hard to imagine he knows anything about Brown's carbohydrate choices.

Your first 7 words are funny. Like Orthwein would’ve hired BB :p:p:p. Later in 2000, the only other owner on earth insane enough to hire the down and out “duplicitous pond scum” was Crazy Al Davis who was in the early period of galloping senility.

The fact that Kraft went to the barricades and actually offered up a 1st round pick for Belichick was mind blowing at the time. Brilliant, gutsy, bat$hit crazy move by the greatest NFL owner in History.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots