PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Daily News Thread Patriots Monday 10/23/23

Daily news threads with relevant news, stories, video, or additional content around the team. Feel free to contribute anything interesting you come across as well, which will hopefully make these helpful for people to keep up with what's going on with the team by having all the news in one place.

PATSYLICIOUS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
Obviously pop in there for starter snaps makes a world of a difference. Just hope he can stay healthy too, hes got a smaller frame. I actually like how he slid on the first catch and run

Sfpat

In the Starting Line-Up
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
Obviously pop in there for starter snaps makes a world of a difference. Just hope he can stay healthy too, hes got a smaller frame. I actually like how he slid on the first catch and run
He should have taken one more step to get the 1st down. Pats have an issue of not knowing where the line to gain is.

upstater1

Hall of Fame Poster
Reactions
I get why they threw the flag on illegal man downfield since the pass was close, thankfully there was an official who saw the pass was behind the LOS.
He actually caught it 6 yards behind the LOS.

mike_usagisan

Staff member
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
You're going to get almost nothing for them; no one can fit their contracts, and we've had a lot of injuries. It is what it is. It's actually a good sign for the team that young WRs are stepping up--I don't see the point in worrying about older veterans being down the depth chart.
Neither have big contracts. It's more would any team take their moderate contracts on with the complete lack of production. @Rob0729 has suggested the Chiefs might be happy to have Juju back (the way we're happy to have JC Jackson back) if the Pats absorbed some of his salary.

I prefer the idea of just keeping him and let him heal up and see if the knee just needs more time or if he's just done.

40yrpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
He actually caught it 6 yards behind the LOS.
I could be wrong but I thought the reason they picked up the flag was that it was a lateral, not that it was caught behind the LOS.

Wozzy

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reactions
Neither have big contracts. It's more would any team take their moderate contracts on with the complete lack of production. @Rob0729 has suggested the Chiefs might be happy to have Juju back (the way we're happy to have JC Jackson back) if the Pats absorbed some of his salary.

I prefer the idea of just keeping him and let him heal up and see if the knee just needs more time or if he's just done.
Agreed, both Juju and Parker effectively have one more year left on their deals and ultimately you need WR depth. People here think that their contracts matter in terms of playing time, really they don't. Douglas, Thornton, Boutte are all on rookie deals and cost nothing so it really doesn't matter what anyone is paid, they simply need to play their best players.

Douglas has to play max snaps in the slot, he is electric. It would be nice if they could start to work Thornton into that Parker spot instead of Reagor, he's substantially faster, longer and younger. Boutte seems like he has been going backwards in practice, Douglas took his demotion in stride and improved, Boutte seems mentally soft or outright dumb.

jdlboot14

In the Starting Line-Up
Reactions
Pop IS the new Jules/Danny. The kid is great in the middle, those 2 catches (the one being held that he stretches out for) and (the other in the 4th qtr. getting hammered at the 5yd line). He makes moves and gains YAC like no one else on the team (except maybe P. Brown - beast)

I don't care if they keep JSS on the team, as long as he's inactive. If they ever play him over any of these guys that played yesterday we have a real problem. And I want to see TT get more reps as well. Parker doesn't add much, and it was great to see Reagor take some of his snaps.

jdlboot14

In the Starting Line-Up
Reactions
The Pats need to submit a complaint about the Refs. There were 5 absolutely horrible calls that could have (and almost did) change the outcome of the game. That seriously is what makes the fans consider the "scripting" conspiracies. They are called on plays and times of the game where it's hard not think the NFL is trying to keep the Pats from winning. Or really - if you watch the Chiefs for example - it's clear they want their golden boys to win. Josh got calls that Mac never gets.

Patriots News 3-3, Jackson Released, Salary Cap Grows 
Saturday Morning Notebook 3/2: News and Notes
Patriots Part Ways With CB J.C. Jackson
Friday Afternoon Patriots Notebook 3/1: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 2/29: News and Notes
Wasting Their Time? Bill Belichick’s Final Year Ends With a Poor Grade by NFLPA
Wednesday Afternoon Patriots Notebook 2/28: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s 2024 Combine Press Conference 2/28
Tuesday Afternoon Patriots Notebook 2/27: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Director of Scouting Eliot Wolf’s Press Conference 2/27