PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Daily News Thread Patriots Friday 11/10/23 Guten Tag

Daily news threads with relevant news, stories, video, or additional content around the team. Feel free to contribute anything interesting you come across as well, which will hopefully make these helpful for people to keep up with what's going on with the team by having all the news in one place.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reactions
Seeing that presser makes me wonder if Bill already knows this is his last rodeo and he's soaking it all in and we'll see him break character more. Even the response about JC Jackson was out of character for him. "I don't want to get into it" is not the same as grumbling about only talking about players that will play on Sunday.

jdlboot14

In the Starting Line-Up
Reactions
If the Bears can keep scraping out a few wins like last night, we're 1 place closer to a top pick.
(Not that I support tanking in any way, but we don't need to try to tank, we're just that bad)
And who knows, maybe with Murray back at QB the Cardinals will go on a hot streak and jump ahead of us too.
We may end up #3 pick without losing on purpose.
Although - don't get your hopes up. If BB is still the GM, he'll trade down for a mid 1st and extra 2nd pick.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
If the Bears can keep scraping out a few wins like last night, we're 1 place closer to a top pick.
(Not that I support tanking in any way, but we don't need to try to tank, we're just that bad)
And who knows, maybe with Murray back at QB the Cardinals will go on a hot streak and jump ahead of us too.
We may end up #3 pick without losing on purpose.
Although - don't get your hopes up. If BB is still the GM, he'll trade down for a mid 1st and extra 2nd pick.
the first 5 picks are likely to be 2 QB's, 2 OT's and a WR.

I could see Belichick trading down a bit for defensive player if he can't get a QB and doesn't like the OT that is left.

PATSYLICIOUS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
BB talking up Boutte just to keep him on the pine reminds me of how i used to joke with my coworkers. Whenever someone would send out an email with a bunch of people cc’d id reply personally to them and give them big compliments on their response, then give it a ‘rating’ at the end- usually a 3 or 4 out of 10.

Ross12

Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
Seeing that presser makes me wonder if Bill already knows this is his last rodeo and he's soaking it all in and we'll see him break character more. Even the response about JC Jackson was out of character for him. "I don't want to get into it" is not the same as grumbling about only talking about players that will play on Sunday.
That's kind of what I was thinking too. We are probably just reading into it too much, but it felt to me like he's shifted into "screw it" mode a little bit. And if he's gonna be going to a new team next year he may be wanting to save face with the media just a little?

Jim Beankie

In the Starting Line-Up
Reactions
Could also be he's just nicer to the German reporters. They don't know any better (or they do but BB's just trying to be an ambassador). The ones here who keeps asking the same questions would elicit the eye rolls and grunts.

40yrpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions

I could see Belichick trading down a bit for defensive player if he can't get a QB and doesn't like the OT that is left.
If we end up with a top 3-4 pick, trade down 5-6 spots and pick up another high 1st and a 2nd.

upstater1

Hall of Fame Poster
Reactions

We'll be drafting lower than that, likely 7-9.

And at least one of the tackles will still be there. I suspect a QB and a WR will move up with at least 2 defensive players (The Bama CB, for instance).

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
We'll be drafting lower than that, likely 7-9.

And at least one of the tackles will still be there. I suspect a QB and a WR will move up with at least 2 defensive players (The Bama CB, for instance).
It's a bit early for predictions, but I don't expect the top 2 OT's to available at 7-9. Yes, the CB could slip in. That makes: 2 QB's, 2 OT's, 1 WR and 1 CB for 6.

upstater1

Hall of Fame Poster
Reactions
It's a bit early for predictions, but I don't expect the top 2 OT's to available at 7-9. Yes, the CB could slip in. That makes: 2 QB's, 2 OT's, 1 WR and 1 CB for 6.
It is early. I'm just talking about positions teams tend to target. Generally the CBs and WRs rise. Keon Coleman is showing he has great abilities. I suspect he'll go very early. The Notre Dame LT is going to be considered simply a dependable guy. Not all world. This is why I think we'll still have good choices at 7-9.

Hey, if the tackles are gone, and every one of the top guys are gone, I still take a WR like Nabors or Coleman at 7-9.

State

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reactions
Giggly Bill is kinda freakin me out. WHAT DOES HE KNOW?
Maybe with Conor McDermott presumably at LT and the OL led by Billy Yates he’s just nervous.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
It is early. I'm just talking about positions teams tend to target. Generally the CBs and WRs rise. Keon Coleman is showing he has great abilities. I suspect he'll go very early. The Notre Dame LT is going to be considered simply a dependable guy. Not all world. This is why I think we'll still have good choices at 7-9.

Hey, if the tackles are gone, and every one of the top guys are gone, I still take a WR like Nabors or Coleman at 7-9.
A large number of posters would always take a WR early in the first.

I recall lots and lots of folks pushing for Terrell over Seymour.

Patriots News 3-3, Jackson Released, Salary Cap Grows 
Saturday Morning Notebook 3/2: News and Notes
Patriots Part Ways With CB J.C. Jackson
Friday Afternoon Patriots Notebook 3/1: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 2/29: News and Notes
Wasting Their Time? Bill Belichick’s Final Year Ends With a Poor Grade by NFLPA
Wednesday Afternoon Patriots Notebook 2/28: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s 2024 Combine Press Conference 2/28
Tuesday Afternoon Patriots Notebook 2/27: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Director of Scouting Eliot Wolf’s Press Conference 2/27