PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots' Dream Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
My Dream Draft
I had removed Jason Allen from my draft board for health reasons. But in my dream he has checked out medically with the Pats, so I am putting him back on…:)
1) CB Jason Allen
2) OLB Mathias Kiwanuka
3a) WR Maurice Stovall
3b) trade #86 to Chicago for RB Thomas Jones
4a) WR Jason Avant
4b) TE David Thomas
5a) DT Johnny Jolly
6a) ILB Olver Hoyte/Anthony Schlegel
6b)QB Ingle Martin
6c) PK Steve Gostkowski
7) S Dwayne Slay

I like Jolly as a 3-4 NT. I think he'd be a decent backup to Wilfork. Better than Wright is in my opinion.

PonyExpress said:
3a) WR Maurice Stovall
3b) trade #86 to Chicago for RB Thomas Jones
4a) WR Jason Avant
5a) DT Johnny Jolly
6a) ILB Olver Hoyte/Anthony Schlegel
6b)QB Ingle Martin
6c) PK Steve Gostkowski
7) S Dwayne Slay
I like the picks left above. The rest, I'll hope you are in the bathroom when the picks are made so I can make them instead :)

PonyExpress said:
I broke my own cardinal rule about production and gave in on Jason Allen.
I don't hate Allen especially if they're OK with his hip. The thing is, though, he wasn't a huge physical presence when healthy, if I am taking a Safety at #21 I want a guy who can cover and hits like a tank.

BelichickFan said:
I don't hate Allen especially if they're OK with his hip. The thing is, though, he wasn't a huge physical presence when healthy, if I am taking a Safety at #21 I want a guy who can cover and hits like a tank.
I was thinking of him as a CB, since he was played cb in '03 and was playing cb in '05 before his injury. 6'1'' 209 lbs, 4.39/3.81/6.75. 123 tackles in one year playing free safety as a junior, 11 PBUs in 1/2 season playing CB as a sophomore. Dislocated his hip in the Georgia game trying to tackle TE Leonard Pope of all people. Assuming he's healthy he could be the best cb physically in the draft. His instincts have been questioned, which is why the safer pick is CB Marshall out of Fresno. Marshall has better ball skills, but Allen is a fast, mean, tough bastid...

PonyExpress said:
I was thinking of him as a CB
All bets are off for him and Whitner if a team thinks they can legitimitely play CB, then they rise way up the boards.

BelichickFan said:
All bets are off for him and Whitner if a team thinks they can legitimitely play CB, then they rise way up the boards.
The problem with Whitner is he hasn 't played any CB; Allen played his soph year and 5 games of his senior year as a cb, so there's plenty of tape. Whitner is really a one year wonder in some ways. With all his speed and reported instincts he only broke up 6 passes last year and 9 total in his 3 year career. Considering the kind of pressure opposing QBs were under from OSU's all world defense you would expect him to make more plays on the ball from centerfield. I am not really sold on Whitner. There are soem negatives with Allen too: he scored an 11 on the Wonderlic, and despite being the emotional leader of the Vol's D he is reported to have some attitude problems and they wonder how money might change him. Also, of course the hip issue. If his hip checks out and the Pats think he can play CB, he could be a tremendous pick at #21.

Apparently Jason Allen is Felger's prediction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back