PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots at Browns in 2010

SoCal Bong

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
The Patriots will be playing in Cleveland next season. We won't know the date of the game until April but that doesn't mean we can't start planning now.

I run a club called Patriots Tailgate which is for Pats fans going to road games.

Maybe a local can help me out with some of the logistics.

Is there a lot of parking lot tailgating going on there? Or maybe there are nearby bars and restaurants that we could hang out for a few hours before the game and then walk over before kickoff? Which would work better?

We also like to have a Saturday night party (night before the game) and if we can get a reserved section or a private room we might be able to get some special guests to join us (former players, PFW guys, Robert & Jonathan Kraft, etc.) as we've done for past road games.

If you are thinking about going to this game, please join the Patriots Tailgate Yahoo Group.
PatsTG : Patriots Tailgate

If you would be interested in helping organize and coordinate the pre-game and tailgate parties please let me know.

Last edited:
Tailgate at the stadium or a nearby bar/restaurant?
For some stadiums, parking is very expensive and many people use public transportation to get to the stadium or they are very strict and really don't allow tailgating (Seattle). In those cases it makes more sense to find a bar or restaurant and just meet up there a few hours in advance of the game and head over to the stadium together. If it's in walking distance that's great but that could also mean that the place is crazy crowded on game day. Alternatively it could be a place not right near the stadium but close to jumping on public transportation.

Obviously a Boston bar would be ideal but not necessary. We probably don't want to pick a place that is known as a Browns bar. In fact it doesn't even need to be a sports bar though it would be nice if it had ESPN on to follow the pre-game shows.

Stadium tailgating
If you suggest tailgating right in the stadium parking lots, the key is picking a location in advance that doesn't typically fill up right away; we don't want to compete with the local diehards that line up at the parking lot gates at the crack of dawn. Just a location that other Pats fans can find us at regardless of what time they arrive. Also important to know which gates can be used to reach that section of the parking lot.

If you have any input on that please let me know. It may be worthwhile to talk to friends who regularly tailgate at Browns games if you haven't gone too many times yourself.

Looking forward to hearing back from anyone who has any input on this topic.

There will be a party on Saturday night November 6th starting at
630pm. The location is the House of Cue at 740 West Superior in Cleveland. The
price for an all you can eat buffet consisting of Tacos, Mozz Sticks, Wings and
Fajitas is 15 per person by check and 17 by paypal after gratuity and taxes.
There will be a cash bar for your choice of beverage and they do have a website.
Feel free to rent a table to play billiards in our room if you like to play. I
ask that people either paypal me at this email address or if there is a group
have a point man collect the money and get it to me. I will be making tickets
for the event and need a headcount/payment by October 29th.

Hotel- So far I have 5 rooms booked by different people. The hotel group rate
is 89 per person at the Crowne Plaza Cleveland Downtown as long as we book 10
rooms which should be easy since a lot of people I know going haven't booked
yet. Contact Joyce Hopkins at 216-373-3310 and tell her you are part of the
11/5 and 11/6 pats group. Please contact me at [email protected] if you book
a room so i can keep a tabulation.

Members of Boston Sports Fans of Cleveland, a fan club for all Boston sports teams, are involved in the Saturday party and the Sunday morning tailgate. Try to catch us at one of those places if you're from the area, or just look for s on Meetup.com or facebook.

- Patrick

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back