PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots announce 3 Games to Glory release date [update: received 4/26]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why no 4K release? There were plenty of 4K cameras filming SBLI - there was even a 4K video released on the official NFL YouTube channel.

Lame.

Thanks for this info. I was just wondering about this....literally just before I checked in here.

That's "3 Games to Glory V". Don't forget the V ;) Definitely looking forward to this and America's Game.

3 Games to Glory seemed so cool back in the day, hard to believe we are about to get the 5th.

If you don't mind Torrents, you can download the whole season with every single play if you know where to look. It does have too many pop ups though.. so if you're accustomed to such sites then you should go for it.

I can't wait for this release. I'm hoping it has some good bonus feature content.

I just ordered mine today. If you use the promo code patsday17 you will receive 20% off. Still pretty pricey, but I have all the other ones so I might as well get this one too.

Why no 4K release? There were plenty of 4K cameras filming SBLI - there was even a 4K video released on the official NFL YouTube channel.

Lame.

Probably because 90% of the population doesn't have 4K..

I just ordered mine today. If you use the promo code patsday17 you will receive 20% off. Still pretty pricey, but I have all the other ones so I might as well get this one too.

Same here.. They raised the price $10 over SB49's Blu-Ray price..

do they ever put this on itunes?

Probably because 90% of the population doesn't have 4K..

4K blu ray discs are selling significantly better, over a comparable time frame, than standard blu ray discs when they were first released. Additionally, more and more people are buying 4K TVs as they're becoming more affordable - so the growth rate in 4K blu ray sales will continue to increase substantially.

So that's not a valid excuse. Virtually every movie that's being released now is getting a 4K release.

Where can I find the 3 Games To Glory for the 2001 season online? That bad boy is rare and hard to find now days!

4K blu ray discs are selling significantly better, over a comparable time frame, than standard blu ray discs when they were first released. Additionally, more and more people are buying 4K TVs as they're becoming more affordable - so the growth rate in 4K blu ray sales will continue to increase substantially.

So that's not a valid excuse. Virtually every movie that's being released now is getting a 4K release.

I think you need to take a step back. First and foremost, you are forgetting that this DVD/Blu-Ray is being made for a NICHE market. Patriots fans. So, you're already just cut the potential number of consumers in the world market by 95-97%. How many Pats fans do you think actually have Blu-Ray 4K? I'd put money that the Patriots Marketing Department researched it and made the decision not to put it out because it wasn't economically feasible. Especially when you consider the following:

- It's taken nearly a decade for 4K movies to become mainstream theater releases
- It's been 4 years that Youtube has had 4K available.
- No TV station currently broadcasts OTA in 4K
- It took more than a decade for TV stations to move from Standard to High Def and they only did so because they were forced to. (back in the 80s - 90s)

They are projecting that only 50% of houses will have 4K UHD TV by 2020. And that is with 8K UHD TVs already hitting the market now..

EDIT: As an aside. Prior to the release of 4K UHD Blu-Rays, the Blu-Ray market had taken a huge hit due to the streaming market. So, even with UHD Blu Ray Sales being good, the Blu-Ray market in general is struggling.

Ultra HD Blu-ray sales continue to rise

There are currently 125.8M households in the US. Let's say that 5% of them are households of Pats fans.. That's only 6.29M Households. How many of those do you think have 4K UHD currently? 2%? 5%? Let's say 10%.. That's still just 629K. Do you really think they should produce a product so few people will potentially buy?

True. I'll be upgrading to an OLED 4K from my plasma later this year just in time for the Americas Game and others. Also, 4K isn't all there is to it. People get sucked into the 4K idea and don't realize it's more about HDR. 4K HDR is what makes the colors pop and unleashes the true potential of 4K. Too many people buy a "cheap" 4K Tv and aren't getting close to what it really is.

I still have my 720p set. And I'm ok with that. :)

do they ever put this on itunes?
That's what I'm wondering, too. I'm not even sure that we have a physical DVD player any longer. If we do, it's in a box somewhere. Seems weird not to have it in some updated format, not that I'm meaning to whine about it.

Where can I find the 3 Games To Glory for the 2001 season online? That bad boy is rare and hard to find now days!

You can find the 3 Games To Glory 1-3 set on pirate bay in the MP4 format. The set also includes the 3 championship dvd rips.

I think you need to take a step back. First and foremost, you are forgetting that this DVD/Blu-Ray is being made for a NICHE market. Patriots fans. So, you're already just cut the potential number of consumers in the world market by 95-97%. How many Pats fans do you think actually have Blu-Ray 4K? I'd put money that the Patriots Marketing Department researched it and made the decision not to put it out because it wasn't economically feasible. Especially when you consider the following:

- It's taken nearly a decade for 4K movies to become mainstream theater releases
- It's been 4 years that Youtube has had 4K available.
- No TV station currently broadcasts OTA in 4K
- It took more than a decade for TV stations to move from Standard to High Def and they only did so because they were forced to. (back in the 80s - 90s)

They are projecting that only 50% of houses will have 4K UHD TV by 2020. And that is with 8K UHD TVs already hitting the market now..

EDIT: As an aside. Prior to the release of 4K UHD Blu-Rays, the Blu-Ray market had taken a huge hit due to the streaming market. So, even with UHD Blu Ray Sales being good, the Blu-Ray market in general is struggling.

Ultra HD Blu-ray sales continue to rise

There are currently 125.8M households in the US. Let's say that 5% of them are households of Pats fans.. That's only 6.29M Households. How many of those do you think have 4K UHD currently? 2%? 5%? Let's say 10%.. That's still just 629K. Do you really think they should produce a product so few people will potentially buy?

Plenty of 4K blu rays of movies that did poorly at the box office are getting released. Most recent example is Dredd (which is a very fun movie, btw) which did only $41.5 million worldwide and $13 million domestic. Then you've got Ex Machina, which did only $39 million worldwide. Etc.

You'll sell fewer 4K copies, obviously, but you can also charge a higher price for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back