SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Giants
Thu
Aug 29th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Strong Showing
Another dominating defensive performance by the Patriots as they continue to look strong during their win Thursday night over Carolina.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Patriots and Kap

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by sb1, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +48,124
    [​IMG]

Ratings tanked, and things got so bad that the the league both bribed the players and got the networks to pull coverage of the Anthem from their broadcasts.

But, stay woke!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  2. Steve:Section 102

Steve:Section 102 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2,296
    I know you're not alone, there's a chit ton of people who don't like this guy, me among them. hate is a big word for me. I think this guy has gotten some bad advice, and his original knee or sitting or whatever he did, IMO, had nothing to do with anyone's rights or protest, and I am digressing. He has the right to be, for lack of a better word, a douche, if he wants too. I'll support his right to be a douche, while trying to find a way to work with folks who feel or think like this. I agree 100%, there's a way better way to do this than kneeling for the anthem.

While we are at it, the original context of the thread was about him coming here, which I think there's zero chance of. That's got to do with x's and o's and zero to do with his politics. Especially now that he's settled his grievance with the league. I for one, would've loved to expose the league's dirty laundry. I know I am not alone on that, either. But, from a football point of view, this guy doesn't match up to what they do.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. TB_Helmet

TB_Helmet In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6,687
    I didn’t even opine on anything to demonstrate my wokeness. I’m just saying that the guy said he draws a line at kneeling. Patriots players knelt. Line seems a little flexible to me.

I thought you of all people would appreciate it given your gleeful tendency of using people’s own words against them.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Deus Irae

Ratings:
    +48,124
    The problem is that every post you make that even remotely touches on politics is one that you use to demonstrate your wokeness rather than your thoughtfulness. You literally tried using what was largely a one off done in response to presidential criticism, and which was quickly stopped, to compare to the notion of deliberately bringing in a guy who was doing it repeatedly, basically started the movement, said he'd continue doing it, and also did such things as wearing the pig socks.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. primetime

primetime Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10,974
    On one hand, there was certainly collusion. On the other, he didn't want to play football in 2017 and knew he could get the old rich guys to clam up and collude to avoid paying him and extract money from them. I don't really care about Kaepernick's politics, they're effectively meaningless, it's all just ******** stuff at the level of ~the discourse~, but when it comes to pretentious goons on the field versus the ones in owner's boxes, I'm happier when the ones on the field get theirs.

As for the Patriots, Kaepernick wasn't great or anything in 2016 and he's been out of football for two years. He clearly isn't interested in a veteran backup type deal and why would he be? In addition to his Nike marketing campaign, he almost certainly extracted a ton of money out of the NFL in this deal. He's never playing football again and everyone should be fine with that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. 203Pat

203Pat Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2,120
    One of the most inauthentic people I’ve ever seen associated with the league and that is saying something. Opted out of the contract in SF, turned down a deal from Denver, now he wants 20 mill from the AAF knowing it would never happen. He doesn’t want to play football he wants to play social justice warrior. A guy who grew up in a good home with a good family posing as one of the downtrodden. The pig socks and blowing off an invite to the owners meeting shows this wasn’t about the cause this was about attention and getting manipulated by his radio DJ girlfriend. Half the idiots that were kneeling last year didn’t even know why. I think it was Michael Bennett (a well known idiot) said they would keep kneeling until Kaep got a job so the original misguided message became even more convoluted. This all on top of the fact that Mr. Social Rights has no problem taking millions in endorsement money from Nike who has made billions off of sweatshop labor. Kaep should take a trip to the Nike factory and tell them about all the hardships he’s faced. See how that goes over.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Deus Irae

Ratings:
    +48,124
    The opt out is meaningless. If he didn't opt out, he was going to be cut. There was no way he was getting that money.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. LJRomanoff

LJRomanoff Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1,445
    Evidence?

9. 203Pat

Ratings:
    +2,120
    Not as meaningless if you’re going to turn around and sue the league for not letting you pay. Sit there and get cut as the optics look better for your martyrdom.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. Deus Irae

Ratings:
    +48,124
    It's completely meaningless. Your perception of the optics of today mean nothing to what happened then. Everyone knew then, regardless of whether or not they now ignore it, that he was getting cut if he didn't opt out.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. 203Pat

Ratings:
    +2,120
    Oh well then sign him up right now!

12. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12,803
    It was never going to go to open court.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. primetime

Ratings:
    +10,974
    Nathan Peterman starting an NFL football game.

Question is more whether there was actionable collusion, i.e. it was written somewhere and explicit, or whether they 'independently' decided he was unemployable. Either way it was pretty clear NFL ownership did not want him playing in the NFL. I don't think he wanted to play either, and both sides ultimately got their wish with what I'm sure is the exchange of a nice sum of change and an avoidance of court.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Deus Irae

Ratings:
    +48,124
    Don't be that guy.

15. primetime

Ratings:
    +10,974
    Even without the protests, he was never going to see the last year of that contract. Unless he had been an All-Pro, it was always a fake year and the player option simply allowed him to end it at the time of his choosing (the start of free agency) rather than the team's (whenever they wanted thereafter).

16. 203Pat

Ratings:
    +2,120
    I’d assume most reasonable people don’t think he is an NFL starter anymore but he is talented enough to be a backup. With that said why the hell would you want a circus around your backup QB? Why alienate a large part of your fan base? Why have your team answer endless questions about him? Why force people into awkward situations when you don’t have to?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. 203Pat

Ratings:
    +2,120
    Even with that being the case I’d assume most reasonable people will admit he is not a viable starter in the NFL.

18. primetime

Ratings:
    +10,974
    The Browns just signed Kareem Hunt.

Like, leaving aside politics here, enough objectionable characters play in the NFL that Kaepernick clearly had a good argument that he was being blackballed in a way that other players, even guys who have done things that are frankly much more objectionable, do not. I wouldn't be shocked if the Hunt signing was part of the impetus for the NFL to get ink dry on the settlement.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. 203Pat

Ratings:
    +2,120
    So then discount him opting out altogether. Yes he would’ve been cut. All of his actions since then point to him not wanting to play anymore.

20. 203Pat

Ratings:
    +2,120
    He’s talented enough to start and in all likelihood be a high level starter. Ray Rice’s skills declined and became a distraction so he never played again.