S Patrick Chung

SPECIAL TEAMS
K Stephen Gostkowski
P Ryan Allen
RET Julian Edelman
SPT Matthew Slater

Mayo?? Didn't he stop playing by like 2013

I got snubbed!

You know it was thin at RB and CB when White and Butler make this list.

I really like Guy and all but damn, making the all decade team?

I guess Branch is the only other DT I can think of. But man, Guy’s only been here 3 years... Just shows how little we’ve had at the DT spot since Vince left.

You know it was thin at RB and CB when White and Butler make this list.

White's one of the best running backs in the league if your measure for running backs is things that actually matter to offenses in 2020 (i.e. receiving and pass protection, not above average running ability which is partly a function of offensive line play and doesn't move the needles for offenses in any case) and has been for several years. And unlike, say, Christian McCaffrey he actually runs routes past the line of scrimmage.

The Patriots would have two fewer Super Bowls if they had replaced him with a league average running back. He's one of the most irreplaceable offensive players in football. He would have made the All-Decade team as a running back for a majority of teams in the league.

White's one of the best running backs in the league if your measure for running backs is things that actually matter to offenses in 2020 (i.e. receiving and pass protection, not above average running ability which is a function of offensive line play and doesn't move the needles for offenses) and has been for several years. The Patriots would have two fewer Super Bowls if they had replaced him with a league average running back. He's one of the most irreplaceable offensive players in football.
White has surpassed Faulk as the best utility back we’ve ever had. Never fumbled, never gets injured, consistently reliable. Need to extend him.

White's one of the best running backs in the league if your measure for running backs is things that actually matter to offenses in 2020 (i.e. receiving and pass protection, not above average running ability which is a function of offensive line play and doesn't move the needles for offenses) and has been for several years. The Patriots would have two fewer Super Bowls if they had replaced him with a league average running back. He's one of the most irreplaceable offensive players in football.

For sure but as a traditional “running back”... dunno. Thought maybe Blount should be there. Maybe an RB1 and RB2 could have both.

For sure but as a traditional “running back”... dunno. Thought maybe Blount should be there. Maybe an RB1 and RB2 could have both.

Blount would have been runner-up to Amendola as a Flex. I wouldn't have had a problem with either of them though ultimately I think Amendola's the right choice.

With all the roster turnover it really is hard to select an All Decade team. Mayo basically had 3 good years, Welker 3 and Mankins probably 3 and a half this decade. Not sure there are better choices but none of them really feel like this decade players to me.

Not sure why Nink is a OLB. Guess so they could work Jones or Flowers in there, both of whom were good but not around for very long. Jones probably cuttable.

Honestly think you cut Jones and move Nink to DE and do a defensive flex and it's one of Collins, Harmon, or Ryan.

I'd argue Burkhead at RB just to complete the all-Aryan offense.

Jemele Hill would spontaneously combust, too.

I'd make a case for Aquib Talib over Butler, but i guess rings matter more. Maybe Revis too.

I'd have LeGarrett Blount in place of James Develin and Logan Ryan in place of Malcolm Butler.

Blount is 5th all-time in rushing TDs as Patriot.

Jerrod Mayo is an odd inclusion.

A real surprise that Belichick got coach of the decade.

I'd make a case for Aquib Talib over Butler, but i guess rings matter more. Maybe Revis too.

Butler over Talib and Revis is really amazing.

RB and passing down back should be two distinct positions with Blount getting the former. I think cases could be made for Cannon > Vollmer, Mason > Mankins too.

Front 7 should really be divided into DL, EDGE, and LB too. There's 3 or 4 edge players listed there (depending on what you call Van Noy). Can't really argue with the rest of the defense though. Even Guy makes sense because I can't really think of who would replace him. Don't have a real problem with Butler making it over Talib or Revis, who all played at a similar level imo. Revis was great here but his Revis Island days were past him already. Similarly, Talib peaked with Denver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes