PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PatFanKen Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Defiant Goose

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reactions
last few pages of posts make it clear to me why Ken is taking a mental health hiatus.
If you look around the vastness of the internet, the debate and conversation on PatsFans.com is very tame, if repetitive. If you can't cut it here you can't cut it anywhere online tbh

40yrpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
I wish I had your glass half full upside vision looking back at these beauties:

I was talking about his upside, cause he made many terrific plays that day. I'll take the best of Mac from that game, cause it was plenty good enough to win this league.

I also acknowledged the picks, but seeing as you missed that: the first one may have been his fault, but observers were blaming Patricia for not properly setting up that play action. The second one was on Parker for not knowing the playcall. The last one was the play Mac got hurt on, down 11 when the play didn't even matter.

Jim Beankie

In the Starting Line-Up
Reactions
I was talking about his upside, cause he made many terrific plays that day. I'll take the best of Mac from that game, cause it was plenty good enough to win this league.

I also acknowledged the picks, but seeing as you missed that: the first one may have been his fault, but observers were blaming Patricia for not properly setting up that play action. The second one was on Parker for not knowing the playcall. The last one was the play Mac got hurt on, down 11 when the play didn't even matter.
I didn't miss the acknowledgement. I just didn't share the same optimism during the game that you did. Quite the opposite, actually. Part of it was that despite my really wanting to believe that Parker was going to take off, deep down, I knew that was an aberration, and part of it was the continuation of his targets resulting in a disproportionately high number of INTs starting with 1 in game 1 against MIA, then another in game 2 against PIT, culminating in 2 against BAL. As good as Mac looked, to me there were too many mistakes (even given the 3 "excuses" presented that I've certainly heard before), and it's continued this year to where there were times where he looked really frustratingly good for brief moments, but ultimately, Hyde finally knocked off Jekyll.

h0c2000

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reactions

PatsfanTN

In the Starting Line-Up
Reactions
Well??? FFS, Did we ever find him??

PATS16N0

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reactions
M
If you look around the vastness of the internet, the debate and conversation on PatsFans.com is very tame, if repetitive. If you can't cut it here you can't cut it anywhere online tbh
What if we promise to wear masks while posting?

venecol

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions

Jlaff

Early Bird Specials
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
Lol, that thread is comedy GOLD. So many bad takes from the usual characters (Andy, Robo, Ken, Patsgo4, etc.). That thread is proof of what we've been saying above. All the so called haters were right. The IBWT crowd, dead wrong. Not surprising the thread got locked after it was evident the so called negativity was more than justified.

Here's a classic.

View attachment 55003
Those threads were hilarious, you weren't kidding.

Jlaff

Early Bird Specials
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
Lol, thanks for posting these links.

I didn't realize Kontra called @Rob0729 out on his BS as much as he did, no wonder Rob was so happy he got banned.

Rob in a vigorous and endless defence of Patricia being wholly qualified for OC duties and his assurance we could expect competence from Patricia or he wouldn't have the job. Of course he also claimed Patricia might not be competent too, all in the same thread. Typical Rob covering all the bases for his inevitable reversal in positions while claiming "I've always said..."

Rob also saying Bill had so much job security, "He would need several years of a losing season to be fired". Fast forward a year and Rob wanted Bill's head as early as week 4. This is hilarious. Basically more of Rob's greatest hits.

Oh, and of course a post in there by me saying I hated Patricia as a DC, didn't want him calling plays, and that I'd even take one of Bill's kids in the position over him. So much for me being a Patricia lover.

So it looks like Rob likes to call OTHER people out on their ridiculous takes (according to Rob's own words below) but apparently hates when people bring up HIS old posts, so here's some of them:

Screenshot 2023-12-04 224832.pngScreenshot 2023-12-04 224950.pngScreenshot 2023-12-04 225050.pngScreenshot 2023-12-04 225800.png
Screenshot 2023-12-04 231110.png

Ice_Ice_Brady

The Times They Are A-Changin’
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
The Patriots defense literally gave up a TD on every Bills drive in that game and you are going to blame Mac Jones for the loss. All things considered, he played better than most Patriots in that game. That post season loss was clearly on the defense. Mac was 24 for 38 for 232 yards, 2 TDs, and 2 INTs. Not great. Not awful. But since the Bills scored 47 points in that game, Mac would have had to be perfect for the Pats just not to get blown out.
You’re seriously giving Mac a pump for one of the most humiliating losses in Patriots history?

First Drive: INTERCEPTED on 1st and 10 at Bills 34

Second Drive: PUNT (3 and out)

Third Drive: PUNT (3 and out)

Fourth Drive: FIELD GOAL (49 yard drive)

Halftime

Fifth Drive: INTERCEPTED on 1st and 10 on Bills 49

Bills lead 33-3

So classic for you to cherry pick the remaining garbage yardage and TDs against a prevent defense trying to preserve their players for the next playoff game and half assing it the rest of the game.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reactions
Man ... you guys are killing me. Just because you guys debated back and forth and were upset that there was a lot of optimism about Jones, Belichick, and the direction of the team a couple of years ago, I don't see the value in taking a victory lap. I mean, and I've said it a few times, we all lose. All of us now have to watch the same thing, and none of us had any control over what was going on throughout, regardless of our opinions of how we though it would play out.

It sucks, and there's nothing we can do to change it.

I get it. The people who claim they knew it all along are now seeing the errors over the offseason - which quite a few of us had concerns about, but were hoping it wouldn't be this bad - come to fruition. It's been a blast, hasn't it?

Yes, Brady Left

We all saw Cam Newton's season (which started off well, but also imploded, albeit not this badly), a playoff run, last year's hot mess, and now this implosion.

We know Bill can coach. But we know that clearly, in the last few years going back to 2019 (we can debate others, but let's skip that for this exercise) roster-building has been his Achilles heel.

Brady won a title in Tampa and silenced all the doubters about him vs Manning vs Mahomes vs Rodgers vs whoever. I'd be willing to bet if he stayed and didn't get another ring, even with six, people would still question him. Fortunately, it didn't happen. Take the victory and be happy with it, because I'm also glad it ultimately played out that way.

So ... now what?

Belichick's probably done, and we're about to see an era come to an end. That whole "be careful what you wish for" thing isn't always that great. I recall the tenor back in 1997 when people said "good riddance" to Parcells after the nonsense he pulled that postseason having back-channel discussions with the Jets. Pete Carroll is looked back on much differently now here than when he was fired in 1999. Time does that.

But anyone hoping the next person is going to be a breath of fresh air may find it may actually take a couple of coaching cycles - and years of our lives - before that happens. And the first time they happen to get anywhere and a bad decision is made in a key moment, I'm guessing people will start to reflect positively with Belichick.

I'm not saying anything more than we can talk all day about Brady being the GOAT, but Brady didn't play defense, and he didn't put the game plans together that kept things close and gave both him and the offense a chance at the end. I love the guy, but he never made our lives easy and blew a single team out in any of those six Super Bowls.

Raise your hand if you wish we could not have been stressed out in the final moments of any of those. How amazing would that have been? Would have been great to just kick back - just once - and watch them run it up.

Wait until January ...

And I feel like this January, like it does each and every year, is going to reveal how important coaching is, especially because every postseason, a good quarterback also goes down thanks to that. It even happened to Brady, unfortunately. Bowles just is who he is.

Belichick certainly doesn't have a clean sweep in this category because I'll personally never let the Malcolm Butler decision go. Ever. But I don't want to talk about that in this thread.

Lastly, @patfanken is one of the best people we've ever had on here. So, mocking him is absolutely unnecessary. You're bashing him over things he said over the course of a handful of seasons. He's been here for 20+ years, has played and coached the game, and will forget more than most of us know. And he's been far more right than he's ever been wrong.

At the end of the day, who cares? I'm cool if I'm wrong, just like I feel like most of us and you guys are. Just because someone gives me a hard time doesn't mean I'm going to throw it back in anyone's face, and I'm referring to all the other posts in this thread. It can all change in a second...it is what it is.

Nothing good is going to come from it, other than personal satisfaction. Aside from that, I don't see the benefit.

You guys are all better than this. Let's let it go and move on.

Last edited:

Clonamery

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
Man ... you guys are killing me. Just because you guys debated back and forth and were upset that there was a lot of optimism about Jones, Belichick, and the direction of the team a couple of years ago, I don't see the value in taking a victory lap. I mean, and I've said it a few times, we all lose. All of us now have to watch the same thing, and none of us had any control over what was going on throughout, regardless of our opinions of how we though it would play out.

It sucks, and there's nothing we can do to change it.

I get it. The people who claim they knew it all along are now seeing the errors over the offseason - which quite a few of us had concerns about, but were hoping it wouldn't be this bad - come to fruition. It's been a blast, hasn't it?

Yes, Brady Left

We all saw Cam Newton's season (which started off well, but also imploded, albeit not this badly), a playoff run, last year's hot mess, and now this implosion.

We know Bill can coach. But we know that clearly, in the last few years going back to 2019 (we can debate others, but let's skip that for this exercise) roster-building has been his Achilles heel.

Brady won a title in Tampa and silenced all the doubters about him vs Manning vs Mahomes vs Rodgers vs whoever. I'd be willing to bet if he stayed and didn't get another ring, even with six, people would still question him. Fortunately, it didn't happen. Take the victory and be happy with it, because I'm also glad it ultimately played out that way.

So ... now what?

Belichick's probably done, and we're about to see an era come to an end. That whole "be careful what you wish for" thing isn't always that great. I recall the tenor back in 1997 when people said "good riddance" to Parcells after the nonsense he pulled that postseason having back-channel discussions with the Jets. Pete Carroll is looked back on much differently now here than when he was fired in 1999. Time does that.

But anyone hoping the next person is going to be a breath of fresh air may find it may actually take a couple of coaching cycles - and years of our lives - before that happens. And the first time they happen to get anywhere and a bad decision is made in a key moment, I'm guessing people will start to reflect positively with Belichick.

I'm not saying anything more than we can talk all day about Brady being the GOAT, but Brady didn't play defense, and he didn't put the game plans together that kept things close and gave both him and the offense a chance at the end. I love the guy, but he never made our lives easy and blew a single team out in any of those six Super Bowls.

Raise your hand if you wish we could not have been stressed out in the final moments of any of those. How amazing would that have been? Would have been great to just kick back - just once - and watch them run it up.

Wait until January ...

And I feel like this January, like it does each and every year, is going to reveal how important coaching is, especially because every postseason, a good quarterback also goes down thanks to that. It even happened to Brady, unfortunately. Bowles just is who he is.

Belichick certainly doesn't have a clean sweep in this category because I'll personally never let the Malcolm Butler decision go. Ever. But I don't want to talk about that in this thread.

Lastly, @patfanken is one of the best people we've ever had on here. So, mocking him is absolutely unnecessary. You're bashing him over things he said over the course of a handful of seasons. He's been here for 20+ years, has played and coached the game, and will forget more than most of us know. And he's been far more right than he's ever been wrong.

At the end of the day, who cares? I'm cool if I'm wrong, just like I feel like most of us and you guys are. Just because someone gives me a hard time doesn't mean I'm going to throw it back in anyone's face, and I'm referring to all the other posts in this thread. It can all change in a second...it is what it is.

Nothing good is going to come from it, other than personal satisfaction. Aside from that, I don't see the benefit.

You guys are all better than this. Let's let it go and move on.
Ken couldn't have said it better.

• ThankU!
Reactions: Ian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 3-3, Jackson Released, Salary Cap Grows 
Saturday Morning Notebook 3/2: News and Notes
Patriots Part Ways With CB J.C. Jackson
Friday Afternoon Patriots Notebook 3/1: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 2/29: News and Notes
Wasting Their Time? Bill Belichick’s Final Year Ends With a Poor Grade by NFLPA
Wednesday Afternoon Patriots Notebook 2/28: News and Notes