PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Packers Fans Praying for Favre to retire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

groundgame

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
This could get ugly. Though the body language from Favre hints he may be back, you have to believe the unspoken wish for Packers fans and the team's top brass would be for Brett to wave goodby with a classy exit after next week's game.

well, maybe the management. but i think the fans adore him and want him to stay, no matter how bad he does

fleabassist1 said:
well, maybe the management. but i think the fans adore him and want him to stay, no matter how bad he does

And, of course, some NFL players . . .

NFL Cornerbacks Plead With Brett Favre To Return Next Season

GREEN BAY, WI--The cacophony of voices pleading for Brett Favre to return next season just got louder, as the NFL’s cornerbacks have joined the fray in urging the star to play one more year. The group, led by Minnesota ’s Antoine Winfield, told Favre that the league wouldn’t be the same without him.

“Brett Favre is an institution. He’s an icon,†said Winfield, who had one of his team’s four interceptions in the wild card game against the Packers. “When you think about all he’s accomplished it’s depressing to hear that he might retire. I sure will miss all those pretty, perfect spirals gunned right into my chest. Come back, Brett. You have so much more to giv.â€

Packer fans and all fans of the NFL...Dear God, please let him retire. I can not take this national TV broadcasts of Farve Mania...PLEASE make it stop...PLEASE for the love of God, Mary and her baby Jesus!

NFL Cornerbacks Plead With Brett Favre To Return Next Season

GREEN BAY, WI--The cacophony of voices pleading for Brett Favre to return next season just got louder, as the NFL’s cornerbacks have joined the fray in urging the star to play one more year. The group, led by Minnesota ’s Antoine Winfield, told Favre that the league wouldn’t be the same without him.

OF COURSE.

If you are the Minnesota, Detroit, and Chicago cornerbacks, you would be BEGGING Favre to come back.

The guy is an INT-machine.

As a cornerback, playing against Favre is an excellent opportunity to pad your INT statistic.

Not only that, with Favre, that is a sure 2 W's against Green Bay.

So of course, you would be stupid not to wish Favre to return.

Have always been a huge Brett Favre fan, but he now seems to be shell of himself, think now he has something like 28 interceptions this year. Hopefully someone can talk to him about going back to the bayou next year.

Watching the game it seemed to me that he lost alot of zip on his ball. He used to hum it right in there. Now he looks like Chad Pennington. Just retire Brett.

Most overrated player in the history of the National Football League.

CBS actually had a program on yesterday called "Favre Forever".

shmessy said:
Most overrated player in the history of the National Football League.

CBS actually had a program on yesterday called "Favre Forever".

I too have thought he was way over-rated.

Well

I don't think he is overated---but that's me. The guy has had to put up with just a terrible team this year with a revolving door at tailback (like 6 by now) He has forced a lot of stuff because of this and there's the reason for hit int's. Plus the wideout's (the ones they still have) don't seem to "want it" anymore. I remember they would go after balls in the air and now they just wait for them.

Farve should retire not becuase he lost it, but becuase the packers are not going to be any good for a few years! He could always come back and playb QB for the bears next year :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes