Status
Not open for further replies.

drpatriot

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
http://www.ourlads.com/2006NFLMockDraft.html

21 New England Patriots
Alan Zemaitis DC Penn State 6020 205 4.50
Patriots are looking for corners, and a big press corner like Zemaitis could be their man. A wide receiver or safety would also fit.

Interesting choice. Darnell Bing, Manny Lawson and Ashton Youbouty were still on the board. Tamba Hali didn't make the first round.

Unless the Pats sign a top cornerback in free agency(not bloody likely), they need to draft one very early. Like the first round. I would prefer Youboty over Zemaitis. He's been improving the last two years and looks like a shutdown corner. If he's BB's type, he's the pick if available.
With Starks and Poole probably gone, Samuel, Hobbs and Gay will have to hold the fort until the kid's ready.

Damn. They even predict the 40 times.

NFL Networl's coverage of the senior bowl indicated that Youboty wasn't looking very good in coverage.

Wowwwwww.... Zemaitis???? Are they serious?

I'm sorry, I don't like to criticize mocks because believe me, I know how challenging they are. But that is a horrible pick. Zemaitis isnt a bad player, but there is no way he is worth the 21st pick in the draft

Youboty might be one of my least favorite players in the draft.

Everytime I watched Ohio State this year, Youboty was the one getting burned and letting all of the big scores by him. He had some plays that were impressive but I don't understand why hes being vanuted as this first round type player. Keep in mind that he played with possibly the best front 7 in the NCAA. That front 7 would make a lot of corners look better than they actually are.

Also, when I see people defend him their case is usually "Ohio State corners have been good historically, so Youboty will be definitely be great" and "Did you see how good OSU's defense was this past year? Youboty must be a stud".

Honestly, I came away more unimpressed with Youboty than any other player on OSU's defense. The guy I thought who did a really good job in their secondary is Nate Salley.

I like Tambe and would take him in a heartbeat at 21

Youboty

You guys are tough on Youboty. It's not like he's being touted as the next Champ Bailey. But I surely see him as a Chris Gamble type. He got no respect when he was drafted either. Now he's a borderline pro-bowler.
We need CB help & he's the best available at pick 21. Greenway or White will not be there. He played in the second toughest conference & more than held his own. This talk about him getting burned all the time is non-sense. He also did allright vs. Braylon Edwards, a top 5 pick, as a sophomore. He broke-up 14 passes as a soph & 19 as a jr. He's also big (6'1), fast (4.38) and athletic. That's a nice package to work with. If he's still on the board, BB will strongly consider him as the pick.
Every prospect has weaknesses. Even the great Bush. So let's not just dwell on the negatives. He has alot of stregths that outweigh his coachable weaknesses.

Db

patsfan13 said:
I like Tambe and would take him in a heartbeat at 21

Sorry guys but if both Youboty and Richard Marshall from Fresno State were available at 21, I would go with Marshall.

They are predicting he runs a 4.5????

I like Cromartie not as a first round but a mid-high second. After spring practice he was named the the number 1 corner in D1 by Rivals and scout.
"I still plan on being involved with team in terms of meetings and practices. I talked with Coach Andrews about that earlier today. I want to help out however I can even if I'm not playing. I'll go to meetings and try to help out the young guys and then go out to practice to help them out with things I might see with their technique."

http://floridastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=432886
He had a recent interview were he said he would be 100% by combine.

all i know is that if cromartie is there at 21, and the pats dont pick him, well end up regretting it, mark my words, remember this at December 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes