PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our Free Picks Looking Good - Root for Packers Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Baltimore's #3, Detroit's #4, Oakland's #5 are all in the top ten of the round if the Ravens lose tonight. These picks will be close to what we're used to in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th based on our usual #32 spot in every round.

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/draftorder/index.shtml

I'm guessing they trade some of those picks away for future picks of maybe a few vets.

BelichickFan said:
Baltimore's #3, Detroit's #4, Oakland's #5 are all in the top ten of the round if the Ravens lose tonight. These picks will be close to what we're used to in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th based on our usual #32 spot in every round.

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/draftorder/index.shtml

And they haven't awarded the compensation for Andruzzi, Klemm or the Wr who signed with the Redskins, yet. I'd bet on an extra 6, & 7 at least and maybe an extra 5 too.

Arizona Patsfan said:
And they haven't awarded the compensation for Andruzzi, Klemm or the Wr who signed with the Redskins, yet. I'd bet on an extra 6, & 7 at least and maybe an extra 5 too.

David Patten signed with the Skins. Do not forget that comp picks are not automatic. It depends on $ value etc. And it's offset by any FAs that we signed, like Monty Beisel and Chad Brown. Not Starks, we traded a #3 2005 pick for that prize.

Chad brown doesn't count as he was released. Nor does Ty Law as an offset for the same reason. besiel does.

So its Beisel versus Andruzzi, Patten and Klemm. We get compensation, IMO.

We released Chad Brown? when? Did it happen this week? Anybody? Bueller?

Patskers said:
We released Chad Brown? when? Did it happen this week? Anybody? Bueller?

I wasn't aware he was released either

I thought he was just on the inactive list since the N.O. game

he wuz released by Seattle, then picked up by NE.

BJ_McWild said:
he wuz released by Seattle, then picked up by NE.

oh ok. i took it as we released him and therefore he wouldnt count for compensation. my bad

speaking of chad brown, has he been inactive since NO? if not, I havent seen him in the game at all. I didnt think he was going to be a huge force, but he has to be a disspointment to be a complete non factor this year.

There is a good chance that those picks could all be top five:

Detriot could lose to NO in Week 16 and then will lose again at Pittsburg

Baltimore could lose tonight, then have Minnesota (in BAL) andat Cleveland

Oakland is losing it's last two: at Denver and then Home to the Giants

So that would leave them all at 4-12, behind only Houston and SF (they play each other in the Reggie Bush Bowl last week of the Season). Houston plays at Jacksonville this week and SF has a winnable game against St. Louis. So SF could end up at 4-12, along with the Jets (Pats, BUF) 3-13.

So whoever finishes 2-14 then the loser of the Bush Bowl, the Jets and then a hodgepodge of 4-12 teams DET, OAK, & BAL, so it could be as high as picks 4,5, and/or 6.

kptmorgan04 said:
speaking of chad brown, has he been inactive since NO? if not, I havent seen him in the game at all. I didnt think he was going to be a huge force, but he has to be a disspointment to be a complete non factor this year.
Chad has been active and doing well on STs, he also got in on a third down play against Tampa.

As far as his being a bust, we got him cheap for two years to be an injury replacement at OLB. He actually didn't play that badly at ILB while learning the position and handicapped by another novice next door and a struggling NT.

Now the good news: he was signed to be an injury replacement or rotate with Willie, Vrabes, and Rosie - and right now we DON'T need him. :)

Life is good and the Pats are peaking on schedule. :singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back