PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

You done messed up A-A-Ron

Crosby is still playing? I thought he'd be a vegetable by now.

He still whining too? I thought he would have grown out of that by now!
Yea I'm concerned for him long term

This is why fans who want to use longevity and volume to use as criteria to determining the GOAT at their position or their sport are missing the point.

I think #4 is the GOAT in NHL history. 6+ years was enough to determine that. We didn't need 15 years to figure that out.

With that said if you only knew he would have only 6 great years GMs might be inclined to pick Wayne, Potvin, Mario, etc but you needed to win 1 game....offense, defense, toughness, playmaking...it's Orr.

We’ve had several GOAT threads this year and I’ve been banging the drum for Orr over Gretzky in hockey, even though I’m not a huge Bruins fan. Some have refused to acknowledge Orr was clearly better than Gretzky at peak level (look at their plus-minus; it’s not even comparable.)

I'm probably biased, but I don't think TB12 whines like a baby.
I think Tom *****es a lot. I have zero problem with it. Working the refs is part of the game.

We’ve had several GOAT threads this year and I’ve been banging the drum for Orr over Gretzky in hockey, even though I’m not a huge Bruins fan. Some have refused to acknowledge Orr was clearly better than Gretzky at peak level (look at their plus-minus; it’s not even comparable.)
Bobby was a more well-rounded hockey player. That is a fact.

Wayne was the greatest offensive hockey player who ever lived.

Wonder if this is a new trend to call out players for being jerks to work with. Like they were all piling on the Steelers two weeks ago. And the alleged Patriots inner-friction this time last year. Media has to write about something in the offseason to get their paychecks.

(Not defending Rodgers or Roethlessburger, just pointing out the timing and opportunity)

Wonder if this is a new trend to call out players for being jerks to work with. Like they were all piling on the Steelers two weeks ago. And the alleged Patriots inner-friction this time last year. Media has to write about something in the offseason to get their paychecks.

(Not defending Rodgers or Roethlessburger, just pointing out the timing and opportunity)

The trend is to pile on players - or anyone on earth - who is down at the moment. Rodgers and Roethlisberger are both at low points in their careers, so now’s the time to drop all the stories that they’ve had for years - without repercussions.

If both teams made the playoffs, these stories don’t get published.

The trend is to pile on players - or anyone on earth - who is down at the moment. Rodgers and Roethlisberger are both at low points in their careers, so now’s the time to drop all the stories that they’ve had for years - without repercussions.

If both teams made the playoffs, these stories don’t get published.
Nobody is dropping stories on how Roethlisberger sexually assaulted a woman and had a member of the Pittsburgh police cover it all up though.:mad:

No question. I don't really care though.

Mark Messier whined too. So does TB12
From my POV, they all freakin whine.. every receiver on every play starts lifting their arm in the flag signal.. DBs call for OPI... Dline cries about holding... other QBs lobby for calls all the time.

Brady is the only player that gets criticized for it.

Now that I think about it, Olinemen don't really whine, but any other position seems to be lobbying for calls all the time.

Last edited:
Nobody is dropping stories on how Roethlisberger sexually assaulted a woman and had a member of the Pittsburgh police cover it all up though.:mad:

Was this recent?

02 they didn't make the playoffs. 09 WW went down and the team had culture problems.

05 they were a decent team but played poorly at the worst time. The D came around at the end of the year and the offense started to run the ball better. Played real well vs JAX in the WC but got the Mile High Flu. 5TOs. BS PI on Asante. AV misses a FG. Tom throws two picks. DEN has short fields most of the night. Troy, Hobbs and KFaulk fumble in the same game. I'm still frustrated but that game. Would have been 3 in a row 4 of 5. Opportunity lost. Oh well.

If they had won @DEN would have been Pitt @ NE and home for the AFCCG. Then SEA in the SB. Very doable.
The Pats had a great game plan on D and they were really frustrating Mike Anderson and the Broncos running game until the Pats started turning it over.

Brady just could not crack that Denver “11 up” defense that got lit up a week later. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Brady that frustrated before. As seen in the beginning of the game, John Lynch was already getting under his skin when Brady started mocking Lynch celebrating the Pats taking a timeout.

Sidney Crosby is not that good....career ppg + player with 3 Cups and 2 Con Smythe and Harts each..

You still have the time to edit the post
No need to edit... I was kidding a bit but I meant, he’s not good enough to score 900 goals under any circumstances, real or theoretically.
And he’s not.
And he is a whiny hockey player. If there’s one thing I hate, it’s is a whiny hockey player.
The difference between his whining and anything Brady says is, Brady has to stand there and take shots, so if someone hits him late, he has no recourse really, except to ***** at the ref.
Whereas, a hockey player has recourse. Crosby just chooses to make his, whining. Can’t stand him.

No need to edit... I was kidding a bit but I meant, he’s not good enough to score 900 goals under any circumstances, real or theoretically.
And he’s not.
And he is a whiny hockey player. If there’s one thing I hate, it’s is a whiny hockey player.
The difference between his whining and anything Brady says is, Brady has to stand there and take shots, so if someone hits him late, he has no recourse really, except to ***** at the ref.
Whereas, a hockey player has recourse. Crosby just chooses to make his, whining. Can’t stand him.
Crosby is not Wayne but who cares about whining. All athletes whine.

Sidney Crosby is a great player and probably the best of his era.

Bobby Orr might be the most unique/amazing athlete in any American sport. Only comp is Babe Ruth as a dominating pitcher and hitter. For a defenseman to lead the league in scoring multiple seasons as the best offense and defensive player at once? Freak show stuff there...still no one has come close to replicating him.
In hockey, in my opinion....there is Orr, and then there is everyone else.
I can name plenty of players I would take over Crosby.
On an all time basis, he doesn’t crack my top 100.

Crosby is not Wayne but who cares about whining. All athletes whine.
The difference is, Cindy Crosby *****es about things allegedly done to him that his team, the Sh!tsdirt Stinkybirds, does all...the...time. The proper term for that type of person is Hypocrite. Same goes for their icon Mario. Feck those two ass-wipes, and the rest of that gutless, rancid organization.

The difference is, Cindy Crosby *****es about things allegedly done to him that his team, the Sh!tsdirt Stinkybirds, does all...the...time. The proper term for that type of person is Hypocrite. Same goes for their icon Mario. Feck those two ass-wipes, and the rest of that gutless, rancid organization.
Meh. I save my hate for Ulf Samuelsson

I think part of it is leadership, being a QB who players like to play for, like Brady introducing himself to Practice Squad players and never publicly throwing a player under the bus ( e.g. Peyton and his Oline comment) There's something about them that causes guys to up their game. To a degree Mayfield and Nick Foles fit into that category ( not to Brady's level) but look at how the Eagles played when Wentz was QB versus Foles..... I'd add Brees, Rivers, Matt Ryan, Watson and Mahomes to that list though further down.. I think Cam Newton while having his faults as a QB has the leadership and respect of his teammates.
In contrast, there are QBs like Cutler who don't exude leadership. Rodgers and recently the criticism of Roethlisberger by former teamamtes seem to put them in this category as well... Bortles,

Last edited:
I think part of it is leadership, being a QB who players like to play for, like Brady introducing himself to Practice Squad players and never publicly throwing a player under the bus ( e.g. Peyton and his Oline comment) There's something about them that causes guys to up their game. To a degree Mayfield and Nick Foles fit into that category ( not to Brady's level) but look at how the Eagles played when Wentz was QB versus Foles..... I'd add Brees, Rivers, Matt Ryan, watson and Mahomes to that list though further down.. I think Cam Newton while having his faults as a QB has the leadership and respect of his teammates.
In contrast, there are QBs like Cutler who don't exude leadership. Rodgers and recently the criticism of Roethlisberger by former teamamtes seem to put them in this category as well... Bortles,
No question. Having a great leader at QB who teammates will die for overcomes a lot of faults.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back