PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

You done messed up A-A-Ron

Saw this is being discussed in another topic - mods please merge. Thanks

Sounds eerily like the toxic quarterback from the hollywood movie Draft Day

People try to bring down Tom by saying things like Rodgers could win 10 rings with Belichick.

It's stories like this that demonstrate that there's a very good chance he wouldn't win any.

BTW- Everytime I hear Louis Riddick speak I become more and more impressed with his insight and football knowledge. He really belongs in some team's football operations staff. He was with Bill during his playing days.....
Louis Riddick is awesome! Former BB player with the Browns. I respect his analysis.

People try to bring down Tom by saying things like Rodgers could win 10 rings with Belichick.

It's stories like this that demonstrate that there's a very good chance he wouldn't win any.
Belichick would have traded him out of foxborough so fast. Same with Fivehead.

I find the most striking part of this to be the quotes from guys like Jennings and Finley. Guys who spent substantial time with AR, won with AR, saw it all.

Compare that to quotes from former teammates of Brady (anyone ever heard a bad word uttered by ex-teammates?) and the difference is glaring.

Some guys get the big picture, other guys think they are the big picture.

tenor.gif
Bennett quit on the Packers but, was willing to run through a wall for Tom until the injuries were just too much.

Uh, what now? an offensive coordinator made the choice for the #1 overall pick? Come on bleacher report, you just lost all credibility, as if you had any to begin with. But I'll keep reading this opinionated entertainment piece because **** Aaron "We beat ourselves" Rodgers.
Greg Jennings actually confirmed this when he was on the Colin Cowherd show. I’ll try to find the YouTube clip.

Like Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers badly wanted to be a 49er fan was bitter that McCarthy pushed for Smith over him.

Greg Jennings actually confirmed this when he was on the Colin Cowherd show. I’ll try to find the YouTube clip.

Like Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers badly wanted to be a 49er fan was bitter that McCarthy pushed for Smith over him.
No I've heard Greg Jennings mention this, so no need to watch this clip. But I still don't believe it. It's hearsay. Unless it comes out from someone in the draft room during the 49ers 2005 nfl draft it's all rumour and BS.

Stuff like this has been circulating for years and yet Pack fans go to the craziest extents to discredit the same players they were rooting for a few years prior.

It's crazy that they can't just accept the situation at face value. They have a HOF QB who's:

a) Not the GOAT
b) Kind of a jerk
c) Not particularly concerned with winning

That's still more to feel good about than most fanbases.
High five. Yes. This times a million.

Reactions: jah
No I've heard Greg Jennings mention this, so no need to watch this clip. But I still don't believe it. It's hearsay. Unless it comes out from someone in the draft room during the 49ers 2005 nfl draft it's all rumour and BS.
Fair enough. Here’s the clip for anyone interested. Go to 12:05 if it automatically doesn’t start there.

The only interesting rumor is how McCarthy supposedly sneaked a girl up the back stairs to his office to get private massages. I wish Kraft had done something like that instead of going to the local strip mall for his massages. ;)

Louis Riddick made what I thought was a very insightful observation about Rodgers when asked about McCarthy's interview today.

He pointed out that after looking at a lot of tape on Rodgers he acknowledges that he could be a very frustrating QB to deal with in this manner. Too often he'd ignore the easy throw that was there, and THEN use his great athletic ability to extend the play and thus make an easy play hard.

Hard to ignore Rodger's amazing skills as a QB, as well as his successes. But I think Riddick's comments point out a key difference between Brady and Rodgers. Brady doesn't believe that it's all about him. He will ALWAYS take the first open read when it there. In doing that he takes a lot of the pressure off the rest of his teammates who don't have to block forever, or break off routes, etc.

Brady has had the self confidence and belief in his system so that he's perfectly willing to take what the defense gives him because he feels comfortable in his team's ability to complete 10-15 play drives, even though conventional wisdom tells us that on long drives like that, eventually the offense will make a mistake/penalty, etc, that will kill the drive. Brady has consistently bucked that trend.

BTW- Everytime I hear Louis Riddick speak I become more and more impressed with his insight and football knowledge. He really belongs in some team's football operations staff. He was with Bill during his playing days.....
I’ve heard Louis Riddick say this as well. But the first I heard it from was from Greg Cosell, which people had dismissed.

This wouldn't happen if people stuck to thread titles that mean something.
I agree. The other thread title doesn’t make any sense.

They talk up AR too much, but it IS embarassing that GB was unable to get it’s crap together enough to fully benefit from his talent.

Focus on winning is truly the gift TB & BB give us fans... it’s underplayed, but I am reminded of it every single time this type of story comes out.

We're awfully lucky that Brady's crazy is confined to drinking enough concussion water to summon the old god Pliatoccus.

For all of his success and marrying the world's richest woman (or whatever she is) he should have lost his goddamn mind by now and been living a life that would make Howard Hughes seem grounded.

Show me all the blueprints, the blueprints, show me all the blueprints

They talk up AR too much, but it IS embarassing that GB was unable to get it’s crap together enough to fully benefit from his talent.

Focus on winning is truly the gift TB & BB give us fans... it’s underplayed, but I am reminded of it every single time this type of story comes out.

Since Rodgers became the starter in Green Bay, here are the SB winning QBs:

Roethlisberger
Brees
Rodgers
E. Manning
Flacco
Wilson
Brady
P. Manning
Brady
Foles
Brady

So it's not as though Rodgers, or the world, has missed out on Rodgers greatness because of a bunch of stiffs.

Since Rodgers became the starter in Green Bay, here are the SB winning QBs:

Roethlisberger
Brees
Rodgers
E. Manning
Flacco
Wilson
Brady
P. Manning
Brady
Foles
Brady

So it's not as though Rodgers, or the world, has missed out on Rodgers greatness because of a bunch of stiffs.
This is a good point. I’d put AR’s talent ahead of many of those players, but those QBs are NOT slouches.

Belichick probably doesn’t even like Rodgers and anyone saying any quarterback could win ten rings is insane beyond saving

I checked out 3 different Packer forums after reading Bleacher ARod article and was surprised they were pretty evenly split pro and con against Rodgers. I expected more blind support for the greatest rated QB in NFL history. Maybe some GB fans still hold all those Aaron is gay rumors against him.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back