SOURCE:USA TODAY

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Bye
Sun
Nov 18th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Undisputed
Tom Brady proved Sunday night that he's still the best after outplaying Aaron Rodgers during New England's win over the Packers.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

OT: Yawkey Way...Keep, or back to Jersey?

Discussion in 'Red Sox Fan Forum' started by Actual Pats Fan, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Actual Pats Fan

Actual Pats Fan PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

The Boston Red Sox have asked the city of Boston to change Yawkey Way back to Jersey Street

I don't think of the old man like Marge (She Oughta Be) Schott, an unapologetic racist and bigot.

Lonborg says he "changed", and treated black players well.

I'm probably the last guy to ask for forgiveness regarding racism...But, I also don't want the Yawkey Foundation to be hurt.

Maybe it really should be left up to the African-American guys who played for him.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. QuantumMechanic

QuantumMechanic Burn it all down! PatsFans.com Supporter

I don't like naming public things (like streets or govt buildings) after people unless they've been dead for at least 100 years (with some, very few exceptions for particularly heroic acts). So I'm fine with changing it back.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

I think it should be re-named Flying Elvis Drive.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  4. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

In a vacuum, sure why not.

In today's ridiculous SJW blabbering bawkfest of ridiculous tick turds screaming "oppression!!!racism!!!sexism!!!"? Fukk you. It stays Yawkey Way...now go get your shinebox and your friggin' cupcakes.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Leave it alone.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. maust1013

maust1013 In the Starting Line-Up

After further consideration and a late night coup d'état the Sox amended the request and asked the city to change it to Buddy LeRoux Blvd.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Brick27

Brick27 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Don’t really feel strongly about it one way or another.

But obviously it’s name has been an issue for multiple decades, and it’s not just something people have only recently been offended by because that’s the thing to do...

8. Patriot Missile

Patriot Missile Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Sure. Yaz way will do.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Odd....I've been a Sawx season ticket holder for decades. Can't say I've EVER heard anyone complaining about the name of Yawkey Way during a game I've attended. Now if you're talking about the wingnut psuedo-commie leftist media in Boston...well sure...because who wants the Globe doing stories on rampant pedophilia by Catholic priests for GENERATIONS when you can cover your own a$$ by raising the "racist!!!" Yawkey scarecrow. I'm just flabbergasted that they didn't somehow tie Jean into the "Spotlight" expose by associating her with Cardinal Law when they finally acquiesced to reporting on the 1,00,000 pound Pastor Elephant in the room.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. robertweathers

robertweathers PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Yaz smoked. He increased his carbon footprint. He is ineligible

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Real tired of the politically correct pussies whining about things that have not been an issue for years.

They won’t be happy until George Washington is replaced by Obama on the dollar bill.

I hate cowards like Marty Farty Walsh.
    Hey Marty let me buy you a couple drinks and really find out your true feelings about changing the name of Yawkee way. They must be real proud of you in South Boston.

If they do change the name, it should be changed to Ted Williams Way.

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  12. patfanken

patfanken PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Send it back to Jersey St. I was against them changing it 45 years ago. Yawkey was a product of a very racist environment growing up in SC in the 20's and 30's when he bought the team. That's just a FACT and not another "leftist conspiracy" :rolleyes: That possibly explains his early handling of black players in the 50's and 60's. Reportedly near the end of his life, he became a lot more understanding. And the Yawkey Foundation has done good works as well. But.... if the Yawkey legacy and his Foundation can be derailed simply because he doesn't have a street named after him, then I would suggest that there wasn't much of a legacy to begin with.

Still, Joker was correct in his first thought. They shouldn't have renamed it Yawkey Way in the first place.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. TB_Helmet

TB_Helmet 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

I know it's the offseason but why even start this thread? Do you think we're actually going to have a productive discussion or will we just get people thinking they have a platform to rant about Obama?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. YOUGOTMOSSED

YOUGOTMOSSED In the Starting Line-Up

Where exactly do you draw the line with this crap?

Pretty soon, every historical monument in this country will be taken down and every street will be renamed to appease these fruit loops.

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. luuked

luuked Pro Bowl Player

Call it Fenway.. be done with it..

16. Dingleberry

Dingleberry Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Everything in Boston named after JFK should be renamed as well.

He is the godfather of MeToo, after all.

• Winner Winner x 2
  17. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams Niko! PatsFans.com Supporter

If the libtards want everything named after a perfect person, then they will have to change the name of every street, building, bridge, tunnel, and school to: Jesus Christ

• Winner Winner x 2
  18. RayClay

RayClay Hall of Fame Poster

My biggest concern was, having the last black player, they couldn't come up with somebody better than Pumpsie Green. Really? Was the pool totally depleted by then? Just kidding, Pumpsie. Those were some great teams to watch as a kid, and by great, I mean horrible.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Elijah

Elijah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

This thread is like that Sopranos episode about Columbus Day.

• Like Like x 1
  20. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club

Everything must be viewed in historical context in my opinion. From where we sit today, our entire nation was racist pre civil rights. But that isn’t something to ashamed of. It was what was and there’s something called progress.

Whether it’s sexism, racism or anti gay sentiment, that’s our history. But I’ve never felt shame about it. I prefer to focus on the progress we’ve made. I was brought up in the 60’s and my parents were trend-setters. They told me and my siblings that racism was wrong and we never use the N-word

If we had company and someone used that word, my father would tell them that word isn’t allowed in our house.

Today you’d have to be totally ignorant to use that word. That’s what I prefer to focus upon. I don’t get angry over statues and street names. And the South wasn’t evil before or during the civil war. There were bad people and good people, just as there are today.

Things have worked out pretty well in my opinion since it’s only been 150 years since slavery. That’s just 2 lifetimes.

I like Yawkey Way. But if they change it, it won’t effect me either way