PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

World Cup Thread.

what i hate is how people who never talked soccer before...are all of a sudden watching like they have been for 50 years..not you guys on here...my friends in real life. Talk about annoying

Great game! No hate or dissapointment here.

The game ended in a draw, but the sport in this country just picked up a big win!

The game ended in a draw, but the sport in this country just picked up a big win!
Phenomenal game. However I'm not sure there's any lasting impact, the World Cup here seems to be like the Olympics . . . interesting then back to our sports.

Phenomenal game. However I'm not sure there's any lasting impact, the World Cup here seems to be like the Olympics . . . interesting then back to our sports.

Honestly, when's the last time the country stopped for an Olympic event like they did for the game tonight? This is all what everyone going to be talking about tomorrow.

The game popular here. MLS teams might not be, but theirs a huge interest in the game.

The game popular here. MLS teams might not be, but theirs a huge interest in the game.
Can't get truly popular without MLS though. Lots more BPL on now which is good - and Ray Hudson on BEIN Sports rules.

Can't get truly popular without MLS though. Lots more BPL on now which is good - and Ray Hudson on BEIN Sports rules.

Absolutely. But I think what attracting more people to this one is there is a vested interest rooting for your country, and you have the luxury to watch it right on prime time.

I wonder how many of the newbies are gonna start following the BPL, and other European leagues now cuz of this.

Great game, a draw between USA and Germany and both clinch the playoffs.

a draw between USA and Germany and both clinch the playoffs.
Which is a big deal, obviously they won't agree to play to a tie but Germany won't be going all out for a goal knowing that could open them up to allowing one.

I will say this. I think the US played a whole lot better tonight than they did against Ghana. They looked overmatched in those first 10 minutes and then calmed down and outplayed Portugal until that last great cross by Ronaldo.

That Cameron guy has to go though. Both goals given up were turd plays by him.

Honestly, when's the last time the country stopped for an Olympic event like they did for the game tonight?
2012. And before that, 2008. I remember people, including me, going absolutely crazy for that Michael Phelps photo finish in 2008, but it certainly didn't ignite a nation's passion for speed swimming.

A tie against Germany would do it. I'm not sure what happens with a loss to Germany.
Each team advances with a tie but needs some luck with a loss.

How do you say nudge-nudge-wink-wink in German? I expect 90 minutes of both teams playing 9 men on defense, 1 man on attack. :D

what i hate is how people who never talked soccer before...are all of a sudden watching like they have been for 50 years..not you guys on here...my friends in real life. Talk about annoying

I don't think that's a fair statement ...

I watch horses race 3 times a year ... but I don't gamble
I watch car racing about 2 times a year ... Daytona and Indy and I otherwise do not like Nascar.
I watch golf 4 times a year - Masters, US Open, British Open and the PGA ... I used to play.
I like March Madness but I never watch a college game otherwise.
I watch the big NCAA bowl games but don't watch any other college football.

Some of us sports fans like the big events in other sports ... I like all 5 of Boston's local sports teams.

Each team advances with a tie but needs some luck with a loss.

How do you say nudge-nudge-wink-wink in German?

"
stoßen Sie Stupszwinkerzwinkern an"

I will say this. I think the US played a whole lot better tonight than they did against Ghana. They looked overmatched in those first 10 minutes and then calmed down and outplayed Portugal until that last great cross by Ronaldo.

That Cameron guy has to go though. Both goals given up were turd plays by him.

Agree ...

the worst thing a defender can do in soccer is watch the game and he got caught watching twice today.

Defenders must be strict in watching their man or zone or both ... he failed and so did Bradley.

Even us youth soccer coaches know when the victory is near just clear the damn ball.

Bradley was God awful against Ghana and he followed up today with another horrific performance. Yes he linked up with Dempsey in the first half a few times, but he was worthless most of the time. He doesn't play defense, his effort is the worse in the whole team lollygagging out there, he missed an open net, he passed to Portugal more than he did his teammates, and had numerous turnovers that led to scoring chances for Portugal.

If Klinsman has any balls like when he kept Donovan off the team, he'd sit Bradley against Germany.

Don't think I would agree. Allowing that last cross was a complete mental breakdown- they don't play the cross well and should have been guarding against it, especially seeing that Ronaldo was the setup.

BqxzISZIMAAPqh7.png:large

FWIW, I'm not sure how he finished, but I remember reading at halftime that Bradley had completed 45 of 49 passes, which I believe at the time was the highest percentage for either team in the game.

My gut says he slipped a bit in the 2nd half, but I think a lot of that had to do with the introduction of William specifically to bother him.

So you're a soccer fan and you get annoyed when people who generally don't follow soccer are now, for the first time in their lives, getting into the sport.

That's a very curious attitude considering most American soccer fans want to grow the sport in this country. :D

So you're a soccer fan and you get annoyed when people who generally don't follow soccer are now, for the first time in their lives, getting into the sport.

That's a very curious attitude considering most American soccer fans want to grow the sport in this country. :D

He probably means something like this.. but about football (ha).

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back