Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
damon.184.1.jpg

A traitor...

Mr. B. Arnold

a normal human being that would take 13 million more dollars any day of the week... :D

PatsSaintsSox said:
a normal human being that would take 13 million more dollars any day of the week... :D
Don't give me that. He was a fan favorite and could've stayed. Look at what Tedy did.

I caught a snippet of Damon's father's rant about how the Sox will never forget this, and he compared this to the Babe Ruth trade. I'm thinking, huh, WTF. Maybe Lucchino was playing for the final hour again, but it was Damon who took the money and ran with it. With NY he's just another ballplayer in a lineup of other overpaid players, although a rediculously stacked lineup.
Anyway, as a Sox fan, I hope they spend well on bringing in pitching because they will not compete with that lineup hitting wise.

The Sox learned their lesson last year by overpaying for Renteria. No way is Damon worth 52 million over 4 yrs. The yankees can get away with overpaying for players, Boston cant

Typical Sox fans. Love em when they're here, hate them when they're gone.

I know this wasn't the point of this thread, but why is the media making such a big deal out of this? It's not like player hasn't gone to a rival before.

9505751.jpg
31-77436-P.jpg
58723.jpg

He's not even the first Sox player to go to the Yankees. All the pissin' and moanin' about MLB business is just what makes me hate it even more.

Last edited:
re:

Come on people.

Don't tell me you would have turned down an extra 12 million dollars to stay in Boston. Be honest - you wouldn't. Good luck explaining that decision to your wife.

You also have to admit that the media can easily turn on players, like we've seen with Pedro, Nomar, Manny, Bellhorn, Embree, Foulke, etc etc. And the Red Sox certaintly didn't show any loyalty to re-sign players like Lowe, so why should players get vilified for looking out for themselves?

Players who stick around for below-market contracts (Bruschi, Brady, Veritek) are few and far between, and we don't have to completely hate players who don't do that.

It is more than the money and media, with Damon the Yankees filled a couple of their holes on defense and offense, while the RS did the opposite no lead off hitter for Ortiz and company and an adequate centerfielder. Will be difficult to replace both these spots with one player, not to put him on a pedestal, but JD did a couple of things very well, and he was a fan favorite.

Well

From everything that i heard i don't blame JD for what he did. (i hate it, but i don't blame him) He wanted to stay, he even called the sox after the offer by the yanks was made. However no one from the sox called him or his agent back and the yanks had given him a 4 hour window to accept or reject their offer----he heard nothing from the sox and figured they didn't want him and were not going to come close to the $$$ he got from the yanks and so he went there. Through all of this i am sure that boras wanted him to go there to "show up" lucky as he hates him so

When all is said and done, the sox had poor communication and didn't even know that the yanks were involved (they thought boras was bluffing them with the other team) and they waited----------and got screwed. JD also said that the fact that the sox were "dismantleing the team" played a role in his decision! Memo to John Henry: Larry doesn't need to be in charge of baseball operations anymore! I am not saying we needed to pay JD what they offered him, but we are a lot worse off today than we were last week!

PatsSaintsSox said:

he could have easily made that up in endorsments in the boston area where he WAS reverred as a god, actually as the son of god.
he is now Judas to me and will never be anything more.

Lead off hitters and center fielders just get better with age. Oh wait a minute, no they don't!

Could the sox be getting smart, finally?

I doubt it.

See you in 86 years.

Last edited:
RayClay said:
Lead off hitters and center fielders just get better with age. Oh wait a minute, no they don't!

Could the sox be getting smart, finally?

I doubt it.

See you in 86 years.

Chant: "Year two-thousand, clap-clap-clap,clap, clap....year two thousand, clap-clap-clap,clap,clap".

New England is the home of Champions THIS Millenium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back