PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans
Search

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION OT: Week 1 Other Games

Patriot Missile

Pro Bowl Player
Reactions
Kadarius Toney lol. Makes Aaron Dobson’s
Worst game look good.

Normally losses are chalked up in one way or another to a team loss but he broke the mold with that stat line.

patfanken

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
Just a couple of thoughts on the game.

I didn't watch a lot of it because the freakin commercials were so long I would switch away. Come back a couple of minutes later and there would be ANOTHER commercial going on. I switched back about 5 times and kept getting back commercials. It was infuriating to the point I stopped caring. Anyone else sense this?

All this great defensive talent and there was one sack the entire game.

I saw the a lot of the 4th quarter.

I saw Mahomes drop back a few times in a row and the most interesting thing I saw was his rapid footwork while he was setting and resetting while moving around in the pocket. I would get a clip down to Mac and having him working on that rapid movement 10 minutes everyday until it become instinctive He has the quickness to do it, he's just never had to. Now it would be an asset.

Kadarious Toney just made Giants fans all say "I told you so". I don't think he's the only reason they lost, but he's up there.

UNBELIEVABLE bad call on 4th and 25 by Reid with 4 stop clockages and over 2 minutes left. KC had pretty much stopped the Lions for the entire 2nd half. Why did they think they wouldn't stop them again, They only needed to get a FG....AND they were at home.

I know they were missing Kelce and Jones, but most teams are missing guys too. KC has perhaps the best home field advantage in the league and this was freakin' opening night of a banner unveiling You don't lose that game.

BTW- Sunday's game is going to be the first time Gillette is going to be essentially a bowl. I will be interested in hearing from someone who is going to the game if noise is significantly louder.

Bill Lee

What, me worry?
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
The posters at CP are really brutal to their own players, at least as bad as we are.

My favorite comment so far: "toney must have had money on detroit tonight"...

Guts

Akatsuki
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
Is it? Mahomes was running for his life most of the game.
Nah he does that **** when he doesn't have to his pocket is mainly clean

TommyD4207

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reactions
Nah he does that **** when he doesn't have to his pocket is mainly clean
He was panicking the entire 2nd half, because Hutchinson, particularly, was getting to him. He was overthrowing and underthrowing on rushed throws, and had to bail out and run a *lot*. He had more than half of the Chiefs' entire rushing total.

That pocket looked anything but clean to me, and outside of Hutchinson, that Detroit front 4 isn't anything phenomenal. They'll face a better one next week.

Jlaff

Early Bird Specials
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions

Basically ever Chiefs passing highlight being shown on NFL Network post-game shows that RT false starting. How were the refs just letting that go all game until the 4th?

masterbouncer

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
NFL Picks Grand Champ!
Reactions
Basically ever Chiefs passing highlight being shown on NFL Network post-game shows that RT false starting. How were the refs just letting that go all game until the 4th?
its the chiefs, gotta protect them their Mahomieboy

Scotty

In the Starting Line-Up
Reactions
Took a while for the Chiefs RT to get a penalty. The Lions Line was pretty good.

Patriots Slater Calling It Quits After 16 Seasons
Patriots News 2-18, The Draft, Free Agency, and “The Dynasty”
MORSE: The Young Guns Patriots New Defensive Coaches
MORSE: Introducing the New Patriots Front Office
49ers Had a Chance, But Questionable Decisions Cost Them in Loss to Chiefs
Patriots News 2-11, Hightower Returns, Staff, Front Office Thoughts
Ranking The 57 Super Bowls From Worst To Best
Wolf’s Ascension Hopefully Will Help Patriots Fix One Key Problem Moving Forward
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #2 – Post College All-Star Games
Felger and Lombardi Interview: Two Sides Argue “The Laziest Narrative” on Belichick