SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Steelers
Sun
Dec 16th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Shocking Ending
Sunday's loss in Miami was shocking and will likely have the Patriots doing some second-guessing this week.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

OT: Vote

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Tunescribe, Nov 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25,164
    Living in France for expats, by expats | Expatica France

FYI in France In addition to a top tax rate of 45% (and inheritance tax rate of 45%) there is a social security tax which goes partly to pay for the hearth care system.
    The tax rate is 20-25% for the employee and 40-45% for the employer.

So if you make say 8000 a month, you pay 3600 in taxes, 2000 on social security take home 2400 of your 8000 paycheck your employer pays 3600 in social security tax, then when you spend your 2400 you pay a 20% sales tax.

So out of your 8000 (96000 per year) you get to spend 1920 a month (23000 a year) and the government gets 9680 per month (5600 of it to social security driving the “great” health care system).

That’s what you want us to do?

2. mosslost

mosslost Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4,812
    fortunately young people don't vote for the most part. It was high this time and like at 19% of the eligible. When they get a little older unless they become entertainers they become Conservative anyway. Then they start to vote.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nunchucks

Nunchucks Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +3,508
    I did look it up and couldn't find it on the google machine.

Actually, it is 8 years old. Here is a link to a newer report with methods included, for your perusal:
    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(18)30994-2/fulltext
    The US is ranked 29th.

The rest of your post is hogwash. I put the time in, you just move the goal posts and spread hearsay.

4. Nunchucks

Nunchucks Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +3,508
    Napkin math is unacceptable. There was a recent report by a right-wing think tank that stated how much it would cost...hint, we saved money.

5. AndyJohnson

Ratings:
    +25,164
    Well if you want to pretend the truth isn’t the truth that’s up to you.
    You not liking the presentation of the numbers doesn’t change that in order to have the health care system they have French workers are abject to 45% income tax plus 20-25% ss tax and that the employer must pay a whopping 40-45% of gross pay to ss.
    Think about that. Your employer contributes about 7.something. If you make 100,000 your employer has to pay addition 7000 to the government. By frances rules it would be 40000-45000. So you wouldn’t make 100000 any more because the employer couldn’t afford you. Add a 20% sakes tax, not to mention a full array of other taxes.

I’m not sure how anyone can think a model that costs 60-70% of gross pay can be defined as good in any way.
    I’m sure people love the medical care they get. Imagine how great ours would be if the government received over 100% of your gross pay in taxes?
    Oh and it’s wotkimg so well France has just about the same % of debt to gdp as we do.

6. AndyJohnson

Ratings:
    +25,164
    You know what Isnt in the criteria? Cost. And the criteria is shaky any way.

I’m not moving the goalposts at all. Ylu are playing Pollyanna by ignoring the destructive cost of such a system. You have delivered no facts except a report that you apparently never read because you didn’t realize it was 18 years old and there is another that’s “only” 8 years old.

I cited specifically the exhorbitant cost of France’s health care.
    If you want to give up 70% of your income in order to have a doctor waiting to see you whenever you like, I would question your sanity.

Look you walked in with an uninformed opinion and have proceeded to refuse to acknowledge the parts of the topic that don’t agree with your preconceived notion. All the while making comments as if you were in a debate class only interested in crafting your argument without any care of the real issue.

I have no time for that kind of stubborn time wasting bs.
    Feel free to believe what you want. You clearly don’t want to understand the issue you only want to make an uninformed statement and then fight to defend it even when you know it’s wrong.

Have a nice day.

7. YOUGOTMOSSED

YOUGOTMOSSED In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5,119
    Wrong- Rashida Tlaib from Michigan's 13th district is a card carrying DSA member as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.