PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tyreek Hill Investigation

So what is the update on this situation? Seems like they are still investigating and the Chiefs are waiting for the outcome?

It’s not that. It’s just the assumption of guilt. Brady had no previous issues besides the Bieber haircut, then some balls were a little deflated and we were bombarded with guilty accusations, even from fans on this forum. Hill beat a pregnant lady, even if this kid supposed fell down ( which is the most common excuse an abuser would say), he still hurt the baby inside it’s mother. If he did hurt this kid then shame on the people that allowed the first infraction to go unpunished.

There was no "Let's wait for the facts to come out" phase with Brady in January 2015. Of course, it didn't help that the league was feeding the media false information to make Brady look guilty. One of the other main factors that made people believe the deflation farce was the prior "scandal" from 2007. After the initial furor when the news first broke about Hill, people are taking a more measured "If true.../Let's wait for the investigation..." approach, even though there is the same "pattern of behavior."

As an aside, I was honestly surprised in the now-locked Bob Kraft thread that 2 or 3 posters still believe that the Patriots tampered with footballs. Maybe they just skipped those threads or put them on ignore, but if people can't see what really happened in that situation on this forum, then a majority of people on Jets/Chiefs/Seahawks/Texans/etc forums are going to really think it happened.

So what is the update on this situation? Seems like they are still investigating and the Chiefs are waiting for the outcome?

Ive been hearing a 3rd woman is involved and Hill and his baby Mama were arguing about her.

Having empathy, like anything else in life, is good in moderate amounts. Having too much of it is definitely a weakness and will allow people throughout the course of your life to take advantage of you.

That's not empathy. You can be empathetic but still hold people accountable. Nothing about trying to understand what caused a person to become what they are automatically turns you into a door mat.

This sentiment, resistance to empathy, smacks of being afraid that one day you might not be able to paint the world in black and white.

Ive been hearing a 3rd woman is involved and Hill and his baby Mama were arguing about her.

Who was the second woman?

Oh boy

...a love triangle

That's not empathy. You can be empathetic but still hold people accountable. Nothing about trying to understand what caused a person to become what they are automatically turns you into a door mat.

This sentiment, resistance to empathy, smacks of being afraid that one day you might not be able to paint the world in black and white.
Your post, particularly the final sentence, seems to assume as a starting point that I’m arguing for zero empathy. I’m not. I’m more than willing to give people my empathy in most situations but first it’s met with a healthy dose of skepticism. Why? Because there are a great many people out there who outright suck as human beings. Being a bleeding heart, which our friend that I initially responded to has made himself out to be here and in the past, is a weakness that those with Machiavellian tendencies can, and have, preyed on. An over abundance of empathy is what serial killers have traditionally targeted in their audiences in order to sway public opinion toward them. In moderation, and when first met with questions and skepticism until everything checks out, it’s great. Displayed in excess with no questions asked, it’s a weakness.

Bringing it back to the topic of the thread, I don’t think that a guy who beats his children is deserving of unquestioned empathy just because he was a victim of abuse in his childhood. Why? We’ve seen numerous instances in this thread alone where people who were victims of that became the father they wish they had and have never laid a finger on his child. The world is also littered with those examples. Finally, you’ll notice that I used that same healthy dose of skepticism in this thread and defended Hill when I pointed out that children can, and do, break bones without abuse being the reason. So yeah, empathy is fine. Too much of it is a decided weakness.

Amazing how much energy there is here about child abuse. Most of us have experienced it in some way, either directly or as a witness.

I know a lot more about empathy than I do football. Here's another way to think about it when it runs amok, as an alternative to "too much."

Empathy is made up of two parts: sensitivity to emotions in others , and intelligence about what to do with that data. The behavior that @KontradictioN speaks to comes from sensitivity being much more developed than the intelligence. Those people get overwhelmed by the data they are taking in, and the data is often about pain or discomfort others are feelings.

And, the balancing capability to empathy is assertiveness (sensitivity to and care for the self). "Overly empathetic" people often have an underdeveloped sense of self and ability to be assertive.

So in sum, when someone is overly sensitive, doesn't know what to do with all that emotional data about someone else, and doesn't have an equally strong sense of self, they get weird (technical term).

He is already the biggest piece of crap in the league with this aside. If this is true he needs to be gone forever. Pregnant women and children? He shouldn’t be allowed outside of a jail cell let alone on a football field.

Sadly I give it about a 50% chance he even gets charged with something.

Amazing how much energy there is here about child abuse. Most of us have experienced it in some way, either directly or as a witness.

I know a lot more about empathy than I do football. Here's another way to think about it when it runs amok, as an alternative to "too much."

Empathy is made up of two parts: sensitivity to emotions in others , and intelligence about what to do with that data. The behavior that @KontradictioN speaks to comes from sensitivity being much more developed than the intelligence. Those people get overwhelmed by the data they are taking in, and the data is often about pain or discomfort others are feelings.

And, the balancing capability to empathy is assertiveness (sensitivity to and care for the self). "Overly empathetic" people often have an underdeveloped sense of self and ability to be assertive.

So in sum, when someone is overly sensitive, doesn't know what to do with all that emotional data about someone else, and doesn't have an equally strong sense of self, they get weird (technical term).

We dont know if child abuse occurred here.

We do know that Hill beat up women and that he has had an ongoing volatile relationship with the mother of his children.

Interesting thoughts.
I would imagine “anonymous empathy” where you feel compelled to feel empathy toward someone you don’t know, will never meet and could never cause any impact on them from your empathy (is a celebrity) is the height of what you describe.

Who was the second woman?

Assuming that youre not aware.

I have lived in the KC area for 23 years. If youre looking for links or direct quotes from folks regarding this Hill matter, I do not have those.

As always, thanks for your inquiries.

We dont know if child abuse occurred here.

We do know that Hill beat up women and that he has had an ongoing volatile relationship with the mother of his children.

Right, and yet just the possibility of it has still has stirred up a lot of emotion in the conversation.

Interesting thoughts.
I would imagine “anonymous empathy” where you feel compelled to feel empathy toward someone you don’t know, will never meet and could never cause any impact on them from your empathy (is a celebrity) is the height of what you describe.

It is if it replaces the emotions someone would normally use in their own relationships and on themselves. Like this guy:

But having a glimmer of empathy for Brady because he's been falsely accused for inflating footballs is normal and healthy. That's the purpose of sports fandom, to get a break from our own stress and dramas for a while.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back