PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT- Think the Steelers grab Posluszny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Native son and all. I don't know all there needs.
I have not seen his name come up much on our boards.

Cover 2 teams seem hot on him, so I wouldn't be surprised. I head the Steelers are interested in Timmons, but if Branch, Anderson or Carriker fall, Pittsburgh will likely take them.

I don't see why they wouldn't. New head coach needs to breath some life into a franchise that didn't do so great in a SB title defense season. I've been thinking that a lot lately, and all the Steelers fans seem to think that if they don't pick Poz, the team is going down the toilet. I don't know how likely that is, but a lot of people will be grabbing his jersey if he goes to the Stillers.

Native son and all. I don't know all there needs.
I have not seen his name come up much on our boards.

Mel Kiper has the Pats taking him at 24 (or at least he did the last time i checked).

I don't see why they wouldn't. New head coach needs to breath some life into a franchise that didn't do so great in a SB title defense season. I've been thinking that a lot lately, and all the Steelers fans seem to think that if they don't pick Poz, the team is going down the toilet. I don't know how likely that is, but a lot of people will be grabbing his jersey if he goes to the Stillers.

Why do they think that? Is Tomlin already THAT unpopular with both the players and fans?

Well, according to most of the Steelers fans I've talked to (which is more than 15, especially on this campus), Tomlin isn't the Chin, and so yes, he is already unpopular.

New head coaches are always unpopular until they start winning (think BB before 2001). Big Ben can complain all he wants that Tomlin won't let him throw the ball, but the pound the rock philosophy is what works best in Pitt.

And yes, they could take Posluszny in the first round just to fill the gap left when Joey Porter departed.

they could go alan branch if hes there
they could go posluszny
or they could go revis (another pitt guy) or leon hall

this draft is much more unpredictable than most, i personally feel

gotta take the local kid right.....I hope they dont I'ld take him....I am starting to think I want 2 LB in round 1

Read somewhere that he is also on the Giants Radar as well...

Well, according to most of the Steelers fans I've talked to (which is more than 15, especially on this campus), Tomlin isn't the Chin, and so yes, he is already unpopular.

I haven't specifically spoken to anyone about this topic, but I don't get the impression that Tomlin is unpopular. I get the impression that they are taking a wait and see attitude. I do get the impression, from most of the people I deal with on a daily basis, that Little Bens act is wearing a little thin and he needs to grow up.

I don't know what campus you are talking about, but I live in Pittsburgh and that's the impression I get.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not saying you aren't correct, just stating what my impression was so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back