PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: The TV show I work on...DOUBT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why a TV show would out of the gate tell 50% of the country they don't want them, or want to lecture them.

Because, if you watch the show, both sides are represented. There are arguments about the issues, not preaching. Used to be, that's what the country was about.

Thanks for the good back and forth, everyone. No hard feelings if you're not into watching. Certainly not looking for charity, and definitely not from people who think there's an e in ridiculous.

So if I DVR your show, will you buy my books?

Just kidding.

As for the "best show on TV debate" that's raging..."Vikings" is great.

Oh, and "This is Us," a network show, is fantastic.

I've had a long standing debate going on with my wife and children. Maybe as a person in that business you can help.

It's my contention that the true strength in television and movies is the writing. There are some actors who stand out, but for the most part you could swap many of the actors in most successful, well written films and it would likely be just as popular.

I saw it said in a post somewhere around here that described how I feel ... actors read lines that are written by a writer and are told how to say them by a director. Is it wrong to think that's true?

Agree. See "The Wire", which is in my opinion the best television show ever made. A large number of the people on that show had little to no acting experience, but the writing was razor sharp.

Lol, yes, by all means, let's stigmatize social justice! Amazing. Thanks for considering it anyway.

This is something so bizarre to me. Are we expected to believe that being a warrior for injustice is the move? I get it that some people are hypersensitive and wish to heal the whole world to the point of absurdity, but taking an interest in social justice is bad? "I want the world to never change like my little model ship encased in glass."

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes