PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: The Official Jets vs. Chargers Game Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to go back and watch those Super Bowls, because in 2004 the Patriots ran the ball for 80 yards, threw it for 350, and Brady set the Super Bowl record for completions, as he went back to pass 50 times, and the defense also gave up 325 passing yards.

That 2004 Super Bowl champion is NOT any different than the current scheme. We may not have the players, but we were a diversified passing offense back then, with Antowain Smith at RB, and he was running the ball at an amazing 3.3 yards per carry.

The key is that all 3 Patriot's opponents respected the run just enough to open up the passing game. Just enough...

Last edited:
Re: To the Charger's Fan Who called Dale & Holly

It's probably lightningbolt. He was on here last night talking about how the Chargers were going to *****slap the Colts in Indy next weekend then go on to win the Super Bowl. Oops.

Haha.... That guy pissed me off too. I couldn't figure out why some doo-baggie in San Diego is listening to sports radio in Boston after a rough Patriot loss. I'm sure the little radio troll won't be listening to any sports radio tomorrow as his team did what they do best in the playoffs.

It's probably lightningbolt. He was on here last night talking about how the Chargers were going to *****slap the Colts in Indy next weekend then go on to win the Super Bowl. Oops.

It wasn't me bro. I have respect for the Pats organization and what you've accomplished. Unlike us, you guys don't choke away every opportunity that you're given for a super bowl. Man I feel so depressed.

I'm actually rather enjoying this Chargers meltdown. :D
Who will they point fingers at now?
It seems that the Chargers usually have the stronger team on paper, talentwise, but they just don't live up to it when the chips are down.

They had no business losing that game but managed to do it even though they dominated the first half and Sanchez threw a pick and only had a grand total of 100 yards passing.

Norv is the ultimate playoff choker. How many playoff games has he lost now? Talk about an infamous streak! LOL.

Unless Peyton Manning has a brainfart the Jets should be soundly trounced in the AFC championship game. However you never can tell, that's why they play the games. Jets seem to have the upset formula down - strong defense + strong power running. Cause some turnovers and just keep it close and give yourself a chance to win. That's exactly what happened against San Diego.

I don't think the Jets have a chance of beating both the Colts and the Saints, although they might surprise us again next Sunday. I really doubt it.

It wasn't me bro. I have respect for the Pats organization and what you've accomplished. Unlike us, you guys don't choke away every opportunity that you're given for a super bowl. Man I feel so depressed.

Take what you're going through and multiply it by 100 and you'll get what Pats fans felt after Super Bowl XLII. I'm not happy that your team let the Jets into the Championship Game at all. If there was one time I rooted for the Chargers, it was today. I'm unhappy enough that I'm actually thinking of making a trolling post on the Chargers message board telling their fans how much their team sucks balls for letting the Jets win this game.

You know, I just really dont like LaDanian Tomlinson, whining, pouty beotch that he is. Did he gain more than 3 yds on any carry today? Where's the beef?

For Charger fans its now... Surfs up time..

OT: Lights Out! for the San Diego Chokers

With the exception of the teams that never make it to the playoffs....can you think of another team that folds in the play-offs as easy as these softies??

And why the hell don't they kick the ball deep after the TD?? If that ball is kicked off the Jets are forced to punt on 4 and 1

Norm Turner is the laughing stock of the NFL.

That was a fun game, great Coaching and some big time plays. Sanchez even held up.

It's now official - every team should WANT to play the Chargers in the playoffs. They are FRAUDS. No Chargers fan can ever talk smack EVER after this loss. They're a joke of an organization when it comes to playing big in big games.

Well, not every team....not the Colts.

Isn't it ironic how both Norv Turner and Wade Phillips took over Super Bowl contenders just 3 years ago...fast forward 3 years later...both coaches' teams are "virtual locks" by the media to meet in Miami next month, only to get smacked a good one by their respective opponents on the same day, and lose in pretty much the same fashion(i.e. poor ST play, poor OL play, poor coaching decisions, poorly prepared, etc).

You know, I just really dont like LaDanian Tomlinson, whining, pouty beotch that he is. Did he gain more than 3 yds on any carry today? Where's the beef?

That's the problem. L.T. should have been off that team after 2007 and Michael Turner should have been given a fat new contract.

wait...hold on....yup...Kaeding just clanged ANOTHER miss from short range....must...keep...Chargers...from...Gostkowski...arrrggghh!

That was a fun game, great Coaching and some big time plays. Sanchez even held up.

Man, I hate the Jets, but you've always been a classy poster. So to you (and you alone), congratualtions. Hope you enjoy it. I do have to say that I hope you get slaughtered next weekend, though. :D

The "beef" departed. The San Diego Chargers allowed Michael Turner to leave via free agency while keeping an aging LDT on the roster.

Man, I hate the Jets, but you've always been a classy poster. So to you (and you alone), congratualtions. Hope you enjoy it. I do have to say that I hope you get slaughtered next weekend, though. :D

=========================================

Thanks.

Congratulations to the Jets. That was a hard fought victory. And good on Rex Ryan for patiently sticking with his plan. He does not fit the mold of the typical NFL coach, but I find him sympathetic in some ways. He puts it all out there, that's for sure.

I actually think a game like that - a suspenseful defensive struggle (can they hang on?) - is more exciting than something like last week's GB- Arizona game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing