PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: The Buffalo Bills on borrowed time in western NY and the AFC East?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not want to see any expansion. My first 2 choices would have been NO and Jax. Now NO is out of the question, but IMHO Jacksonville a very small metro area and FL already services 2 teams. Both would do better without Jacksonville. It was a dumb move to go there in the first place.

Buffalo in Toronto isn't that much of a move. Its only about 100 miles from one city to the other. Its like moving NE from Boston to Providence. They'd be able to keep a lot of their current fan base, as well as expand in Toronto...if they did it right.

Personally I hope they stay. But Jacksonville is another story. No history, No large metro area, nothing but Denny's and Motel Sixes to recommend it. Send THEM to LA and be done with it.

I do not want to see any expansion. My first 2 choices would have been NO and Jax. Now NO is out of the question, but IMHO Jacksonville a very small metro area and FL already services 2 teams. Both would do better without Jacksonville. It was a dumb move to go there in the first place.

Buffalo in Toronto isn't that much of a move. Its only about 100 miles from one city to the other. Its like moving NE from Boston to Providence. They'd be able to keep a lot of their current fan base, as well as expand in Toronto...if they did it right.

Personally I hope they stay. But Jacksonville is another story. No history, No large metro area, nothing but Denny's and Motel Sixes to recommend it. Send THEM to LA and be done with it.

I would bet you anything that their entire Buffalo fanbase would drop them instantly if they ever moved.

Everybody up here is either a Red Sox or Yankee fan, and no one follows the Blue Jays. To top it off, people would be absolutely pissed and would root against the Toronto team.

I would say it's about 80% certain that the LA team will be an expansion franchise, unless he owner of a current franchise allows his team to be bought back for a pittance.

An LA football team is worth about $1.2 billion or even more. Divide that by 30, and tell me that any owner in the league is willing to give up a $40 million payday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes