PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: State Farm Insurance commercials

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was saying the same thing to my wife yesterday. I don't think State Farm did any customer testing before rolling out these commercials. They're about as bad as those commercials where the owners keep appearing (Like the old Angie's List and the current Mike Lindell/My Pillow commercials). Over Saturation.

I was surprised they kept up with so many Baker Mayfield ads after he and the Browns fell apart.

I was surprised they kept up with so many Baker Mayfield ads after he and the Browns fell apart.
I would think they are second guessing using him as their spokesperson....

Not quite sure I like any commercials..
Agreed, but the geico raccoons commercial makes me laugh.....try this, it tastes awful....mango, chutney and burnt hair.....

Not quite sure I like any commercials..

https://transitionnetwork.org/news-and-blog/book-review-advertising-****s-head/

I wonder about this series which is so derisive of agents. What's going on with that for these athletes?

I really like the Geico woodchuck commercials. Those lame-as-hell State Farm commercials should be banned.

I wonder why GEICO is the only insurance company willing to make commercials that aren't ********.

I wonder why GEICO is the only insurance company willing to make commercials that aren't ********.
Disagree. Geico has had some of the lamest insurance commercials in the history of advertising. The caveman crap. The moronic “gecko.”

Does anybody enjoy commercials?

Disagree. Geico has had some of the lamest insurance commercials in the history of advertising. The caveman crap. The moronic “gecko.”
The delinquent woodchucks are a winner, though. Reminds me of Heckle and Jeckle, my favorite cartoon characters growing up.

The delinquent woodchucks are a winner, though. Reminds me of Heckle and Jeckle, my favorite cartoon characters growing up.
I can live with the “mayhem” Allstate commercials and that’s about it.

I can live with the “mayhem” Allstate commercials and that’s about it.
This talk about insurance commercials brings to mind how much they all advertise. I don't think I ever have shopped for insurance based on advertising but it must work for them. Maybe I should try, our car insurance seems kind of high.

I thought the caveman stuff was great.

I didn't like the progressive ones when the Flo stuff first came out, but recently they've gotten pretty funny from an absurdist standpoint.

This talk about insurance commercials brings to mind how much they all advertise. I don't think I ever have shopped for insurance based on advertising but it must work for them. Maybe I should try, our car insurance seems kind of high.

Yeah, it's insane how many insurance ads there are. Probably the highest category of ads during a football telecast, more than cars, beer and phones (although I'd be interested to see the numbers).

The thing is that insurance is a product nobody wants, we just buy it because we have to (car insurance) or it gives us a sense of security (we have renter's insurance). But when you do have to make a claim they fight tooth and nail against paying it out.

They probably know all that and that's why they have to resort to using geckos to sell their crappy product to us.

ins and beer ads are the cringiest

Yeah, it's insane how many insurance ads there are. Probably the highest category of ads during a football telecast, more than cars, beer and phones (although I'd be interested to see the numbers).

The thing is that insurance is a product nobody wants, we just buy it because we have to (car insurance) or it gives us a sense of security (we have renter's insurance). But when you do have to make a claim they fight tooth and nail against paying it out.

They probably know all that and that's why they have to resort to using geckos to sell their crappy product to us.
Don't forget erectile dysfunction and other drug commercials. They are probably the highest category.

Does anyone actually enjoy the commercials featuring Aaron Rogers and Pat Mahomes?

No. Double no. They are terrible.

I don't know why EVERY insurance company feels like they have to have comical advertising. It's insurance in case something absolutely terrible happens to you, like you die, destroy your car, or your house burns down. Tell me about your prices or quality of service.

Instead we get an annoying duck, a forgetful lizard, an ugly and overbearing waitress, and the guy who played the white power nazi from the prison TV series OZ.

If you want to know where Aaron Rodgers belongs, I guess it's with that crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots