PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Server during games

Onedaful

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Not a knock on the site or to Ian but the server performance has been down right abysmal during some games this year. To the point of downright unusable for large lengths of time.

Anyway we can ramp up the server performance for the season and downgrade back during the off-season if that offsets costs? I am not in the tech field so I am not 100% on how this works but I know its frustrating getting that error constantly during games when trying to access the forums.

I would be more than happy to donate to this cause. The forums going down during huge moments in the game is extremely frustrating.

Last edited:
Please do something. This had me fuming almost as much as the game did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. I just left.

I recommended starting up a patsfans.com facebook page on another thread. Wouldn't be a bad idea I think.

this forum is great but it's like the only one that crashes when traffic is high

I assume there was an absolute flood of opposing fans tonight

Guests should be locked out of the game thread during the game if that is possible ...........

I have offered this suggestion before over the years here ... just serves no purpose.

I already donate to the site but I will gladly pay more to fix it. Between the game and error 522 this almost cost me an iPhone

Reddit or Facebook page as backup. Let them handle the heavy server lifting...

Guests should be locked out of the game thread during the game if that is possible ...........

I have offered this suggestion before over the years here ... just serves no purpose.

That's unfortunate to hear because that seems like a good idea. I guess it can't be implemented?

That's unfortunate to hear because that seems like a good idea. I guess it can't be implemented?

It can most definitely be implemented. Either require a registered account to view the gamethread or implement a minimum post count as well.

I wonder how many "guests" view the thread -- maybe it's not enough to warrant change.

Guys - I've talked to Ian about this. The problem is two fold and, unfortunately, both require the same thing to fix it. And that is money. The servers need more RAM and they need more disk space. But to do that, the site needs money. Ian put out a call for donations and all Ian heard were a bunch of crickets, for the most part.

That's one of the reasons Ian also put up the poll.. To see what "extras" he can cut to help with the issues.

This site requires US to support it. Despite being a "LIFE" member, I've made it a point to make a donation every year because I know that the site needs the money to run. Ian needs others to step up..

I'll be honest. I'd be all for Ian cutting guest access on game days.

EDIT: BTW, @Ian - Could you post the like where to donate??

This happens every game day and seemed to begin only a few weeks ago. I dont remember it happening at all in the beginning of the season and Ian seemed to have fixed the old crashing issues last year (dont remember any crashing at all last season). IDK if he moved to a new server or what this year but its becoming unbearable. A huge game like tonight and the disgrace it was and we can't even talk about it because the forum keeps crashing. I appreciate the effort and time that goes into maintaining the site but this really needs to be fixed. Especially as we get closer to the postseason and traffic starts to pick up.

Agree with everyone, this board is useless during games.

G

I'll be honest. I'd be all for Ian cutting guest access on game days.

EDIT: BTW, @Ian - Could you post the like where to donate??
If the game day threads are in a members only section it's easily done ...
Way easier for Ian to do that ... he's spends enough money on the site IMO ... it's a great site.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back