PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Roethlisberger deliberately fumbled ball to spite coaching staff

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Last edited:
I don't even get what Ben's issue with the play is. If someone should roll their eyes its the OL and RB who actually are exposed to potential injury instead of kneeling. Whats the difference to him whether he kneels or hands it off ?

My face when I read this:
sample_172a7a1e40069b7d0a673760746f43a421a9c354.png

.. and people dare trash Brady. **** Ben. Happy he aint our qb

Primadonna

Just great. A primadonna coaches by that guy the Beatles wrote day tripper over.

It took me so long to find out what the lyrics meant. But I found out

With this and the fact that he played a big part in souring Brown on that team, I would hope not.

Yes, he also is probably responsible for bell being a jete.
I have a bad outlook on stuff like this. Star or not, you fumble even one ball on purpose and I hate you. I would even want Tom Brady’s head on a pole for doing that

Why didn't he just 'fall over' and take a sack?

What an amazing ending to a game. They needed all three phases to pull it off and they did. Just another example of BB playing chess while the opponent is playing checkers.

Some credit should go to Al Michaels for seeing the safety coming. John Madden didn't.

What an amazing ending to a game. They needed all three phases to pull it off and they did. Just another example of BB playing chess while the opponent is playing checkers.

Some credit should go to Al Michaels for seeing the safety coming. John Madden didn't.
Yeah I had completely forgotten that Michaels called that before it happened. Top notch stuff there.

If Josh Harris, whoever that is, says something happened, you damn well better believe it did.

Well, if you can kneel the ball 3 times and win the game, you do it.

Ben should of just changed to victory formation in huddle if he really wanted to spite Haley.

Seems like that former Steeler hadn’t heard of Ben’s nightclub escapades (if THAT is when he found out what kind of person Ben was...).

Tomlin has zero control.
Terrible coach.

People salivate over this guy. Defensive guru? No Offensive guru? No.Special Teams? Who knows. Even Terry Bradshaw had Tomlin pegged years ago as a glorified Cheerleader and he sucks at that too.

In 2008, and in his 2nd NFL season as Steelers HC, Tomlin took Cowhers team and won a Super Bowl. That was 11 years ago.The Dallas Cowboys Barry Switzer effect on full display. anybody? Since then, Tomlins Steelers have lost in the post season every way imaginal. 2 one and done WC losses ( 3 WC losses for his HC career) and completely missing the post season all together 4 seasons.

Every failure of a season with Ben who is a top 5 QB. All with a roster full of some of the best if not the premier players at their respective positions.

Wallace
Ward
Mendenhall
Holmes
Sanders
Bell
Brown
Smith
Williams
Miller

Can you imagine Brady playing with these guys? Blount plays for Tomlin and loses and then wins a Super Bowl in NE. The forecast looks bleak for Tomlin in 2019 too. I would have pulled the plug on Tomlin 2 years ago when the Steelers were embarrassed by the Jaguars at home twice. In my opinion time has been squandered having Ben as your QB. The 2019 Browns have every chance to dethrone the Steelers after Cleveland was guaranteed to lose twice every season.

I would not want to be a Steeler fan and watch this train wreck year in and year out.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back