PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Rodgers stayed with GB in 2022 (old thread got necro’d)

Rodgers is really looking forward to the 2022/23 version of drama queen theatrics about staying or leaving. I think he signed the extension so he could give his full mental focus to that cause.

If this contract is true, it's just another example of how the "cap is crap". Teams will always find a way to keep a player they really want.

I can't blame them for giving him that contract. He's won two straight MVP's. He's a top 3 QB. They also have by far the best QB in the conference now. And are legit SB contenders. They basically get 6 wins per year against a garbage division.

Playoffs aside, he's been great. But....it is all about the postseason. He needs to get it done. If he wins another SB he's a no doubt top 5 QB ever.

It's been hilarious watching Green Bay simp so hard for this clown. Wonder if he does sign there how long it will take him to start whining that he is unhappy.

They aren't that big considering she is a little chubby. Her back will be fine. Her head, maybe not so much. Only in American can you make millions solely based on the way you look. And then throw a tantrum that people are objectifying you. On the internet. Is she going to give the money back? I get that some of the comments probably crossed the line. That's not okay. But the majority were completely benign. Everyone gets dumped on on the internet. But most don't whine and play the victim. Not a fan of hers.

I doubt Adams plays on the tag after watching Beckham in the superbowl.

Honestly, I can see him sitting out thus focing the trade. I just dont see him putting his future in jep because there isn’t going to to be any money next year either for a long term deal.

I doubt Adams plays on the tag after watching Beckham in the superbowl.

Honestly, I can see him sitting out thus focing the trade. I just dont see him putting his future in jep because there isn’t going to to be any money next year either for a long term deal.
Try to be more clear.

Why shouldn't Adams play for the tag of $20M and collect big again next year, after another great season?

Last edited:
Packers are now a worse team
I totally agree.

However, I also think they would have been worse without him. Either way, massive cap swallowing contract, or moving on with a young mediocre looking quarterback, they're worse off. The team's best option was probably trading Rodgers. Clearly they're thinking Rodgers gives them the best opportunity of winning a Super Bowl within the next few seasons despite probably losing some roster building flexibility.

$200m? thats a lotta …green…bay

In a year at most he’s gonna want to renegotiate his deal for more money or he threatens to walk.

Has Rodgers passed Peyton as the greatest regular season QB?

I would give the edge to Manning over Rodgers since he performed well on two teams during the regular season. Brady has all the records but of course it took him 3 more years to achieve what Manning did in 17 years.

Try to be more clear.

Why shouldn't Adams play for the tag of $20M and collect big again next year, after another great season?
Can’t be any more clear than that. I doubt players, especially wr’s like to play on franchise tags when they are at the very top of their profession. 20 mill to you or I is life changing money and of course most people would in a heartbeat. However, the wr position is one hit away from devaluing the next 1-3 years, especially in their prime. Im sure he’d take Hopkins contract which guarantees 60 million if not anything for security. If he injures his knee in week 3, has to go past all the rehab, where does that put him the following year in contract negotiations? Clubs can and will use that against him and try to lowball him with a prove your ok deal.

Last edited:
I totally agree.

However, I also think they would have been worse without him. Either way, massive cap swallowing contract, or moving on with a young mediocre looking quarterback, they're worse off. The team's best option was probably trading Rodgers. Clearly they're thinking Rodgers gives them the best opportunity of winning a Super Bowl within the next few seasons despite probably losing some roster building flexibility.
Agree 100%

They would have been terrible without him.

I don't see them going 13-4 again but who knows.

Franchising Adams forces them to make some cuts. The could do some restructures here and there I guess?

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back