OT: Rod Smith WR Broncos retires

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_9976756

This guy was a true Patriots killer everytime we played that team with him in the starting lineup,I can remember countless times that this talented but very underated receiver burned us with TDs and we lost many times with his heroics for the Broncos.

I have the utmost respect for what he accomplished in the league,Even if some of his best plays cost NE a game or two.

An undrafted Free Agent in 1994,he lasted longer than any of the 4 WR 1st rounders that year.

I hope he enjoys his post-career and is successful in his future endeavors because he has earned it.

To me, Rod Smith was always the Broncos version of Troy Brown - Both awesome players.

Last edited:
Re: Rod Smith WR Broncos retires

I don't think Rod Smith entered the draft in 2004. :confused:

Re: Rod Smith WR Broncos retires

Rod Smith wasn't drafted in 2004, though I'm sure that's just a typo on your end. Glad to see him go. This plus Jason Taylor exiting the division brightens my day.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_9976756

This guy was a true Patriots killer everytime we played that team with him in the starting lineup,I can remember countless times that this talented but very underated receiver burned us with TDs and we lost many times with his heroics for the Broncos.

I have the utmost respect for what he accomplished in the league,Even if some of his best plays cost NE a game or two.

An undrafted Free Agent in 1994,he lasted longer than any of the 4 WR 1st rounders that year.

I hope he enjoys his post-career and is successful in his future endeavors because he has earned it.

To me, Rod Smith was always the Broncos version of Troy Brown - Both awesome players.

Great thread Pa-pa. He was a true Patriots killer and a class act all the way (far as I know anyway).

I think I started a *is he the greatest FA modern era?* thread when he wasn't picked up last year and I'm curious what posters think.

In my long time following sports, there are a few opponents that have had my utmost respect and he's high on the list.
To me, Rod Smith was always the Broncos version of Troy Brown

Very apt.

Another NFL great that got the father time bug ... loved watching him play the game.

well that is good news, how many times did he burn the pats over the years?

Lots of respect for Rod did as much damage as anyone against the Pats over the years. Wish him much success now that he won't be killing us anymore. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down