PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Rex Grossman - stick a fork in him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is consistently BAD, very BAD!

I counted 2-however, not to sound too detailed, but if anything, the Bears were fortunate Patrick Crayton dropped that sure TD in the 1st half(subsequently, the Bears blocked that FG)-so if anything, Berrian's drop on their next drive all but evened everything out. Berrian's other drop was when Jacques Reeves put a hit and stripped him of the ball.

Crayton's pass has nothing to do with Berrian's drops. Berrian's drop cost the Bears a touchdown, in all likelihood. If he makes that catch, the game is different.

Last edited:
Crayton's pass has nothing to do with Berrian's drops. Berrian's drop cost the Bears a touchdown, in all likelihood. If he makes that catch, the game is different.

For some reason-this has become a BIG issue in recent years-dropped passes. It's hard to pinpoint why.

For some reason-this has become a BIG issue in recent years-dropped passes. It's hard to pinpoint why.

I don't know either, but they will kill a game as surely as a fumble if they happen at the wrong times. Just ask the Jets.

Rex doing a stand-up, courageous job in the postgame P.C. - televised live on ESPN, which is a bit of overkill, IMO. Good kid. I feel really badly for him.

Agreed. He seems stand up and I always appreciate it. I keep my indifference to others misfortune saved for the likes of a special group....for instance the HC of the NYJ.
The QB spot is such a pressure position. What these guys go through mentally is brutal (you can chalk up Donovan's comments to frustration in part due to this too - regardless of whether his statement is true or not). Once the talk started last year (or was it the year before) about Rex, his job just became that much harder. The talk became a roar and I think that was a factor. A QB is got to be mentally blocking out a lot to make the difference between a TD and an INT etc etc. One little thing creeps in and I don't care if your Brady. Peyton, Donovan etc etc. Your performance will suffer and the din of the doubters will start to permeate the air around you. Of course the upside is you are making insane amounts of cash. That has got to be a comforting side note.

Leave it alone guys. I actually feel pretty bad for him right now. Its humiliating to walk off your home field to your own fans booing him. Lovie Smith needs to get rid of him just out of mercy. He's throwing more TD passes for the other team!

theres gotta be a mutiny at some point, the captains have to step in and tell Lovie they want him out. Its not personal he's just terrible. Hahaha and Donovan McNabb was crying that black QB's have more scrutiny put upon them? I can't remember a QB ever having as much scrutiny put upon him than Wrecks Grossman

From what I have read before today everybody on the team thinks Rex is/should be the QB. It seems so blatantly apparent to the fans it should be Greise. There is something going on behind the scenes.

Last edited:
I think that if they keep Grossman in now, it isn't going to do anything positive for Grossman or the Bears. Frankly, until he learns how to read, he's never going to make it. The guy is just awful at anything but throwing it to his primary receiver and even that sucks. I actually feel bad for the guy because he's not ready and he's taking the media hits that Lovey should be taking. If a guy's that bad, you don't make him the joke to lessen the heat on your team's performance.

From what I have read before today everybody on the team thinks Rex is/should be the QB. It seems so blatantly apparent to the fans. There is something going on behind the scenes.

It's called scapegoating. ;)

yeah, guys, he is consistant so far this season...
let kyle play (go purdue)

makes me think that we should count our blessings with Mr. GQ at QB. it's a crying shame that the Bears have that much talent, esp on D, and they're held back by Rex.

Anyone who has ever played football at any level, knows that once a team loses confidence (rightly or wrongly) in thier Quaterback, they are done.

Grossman's recievers have done him no favors with drops, and their failer to finish routes. On the first INT. Berryman was running an "in", he had inside position, and just stopped running, and the D-back just keep running and the ball came right to him.

Bottomline, Rex has to go! His team has lost all confidence in him. I don't know if Brian Griese is the answer, but he knows the offense, and is much more conservative than Rex. With that Bears defense, all you need is a guy not to throw the game away, and Griese can do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back