PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Reactions - Which ones stay, which ones go?

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
The current layout only accommodates the number that we have in place, as any additional ones will cause them to wrap and break the layout on mobile. I know we had a discussion on the previous version about trying to condense these anyway, so I feel like the current number we have is probably a good mix.

However, that being said, I've had a few of you mention ones that you'd like to see added but that means for every one we add, one has to be removed. I've been thinking about it and I would say a couple potential ones that could be swapped would be "Winner" and "I'm Excited", in favor of two others. But again, feel free to post your thoughts and let me know what you think.

One things for sure, I'm glad both "maybe not" and "I'm not saying anything" are gone.

"Like" and "agree" are kind of the same. I'd get rid of "agree" and keep it at either you "like" or "dislike" it. The rest of the reactions are good enough.

I like them all...but maybe we can get rid of "feet" and "ninja"? I'm not sure many people are going to use them anyway...

I like them all...but maybe we can get rid of "feet" and "ninja"? I'm not sure many people are going to use them anyway...
The smileys are a different subject - it's the reactions (Like, Thanks, etc.) group that we're trying to figure out.

As for the smileys, I'll probably add more and bring back some of the previous ones. Not a huge fan of some of the new smiley icons...they're a little creepy.

I always liked "interesting" as a reaction. Would personally trade most of the reactions for that one, especially where "genius" and "winner" are kind of similar overall reactions that say "this post is super great"

Maybe before doing anything see frequency of use, if any of them are underutilized are not used at all get rid of them. Do a poll when you want to replace them..

I always liked "interesting" as a reaction. Would personally trade most of the reactions for that one, especially where "genius" and "winner" are kind of similar overall reactions that say "this post is super great"

This right here. Can we get a "useful" or "interesting" back ? I feel like the overlap between "Like" and "I'm Excited" is big enough to say goodbye to one of them in exchange for that.

Drop the Dislike (too harsh), Excited, and one of Winner/Genius reactions; and replace them with Disagree (more friendly), one of Useful/Interesting, and one of Surprised/What??

Bingo.

Can you caption them? Or give a cue about what they mean for a mouse over? Or something?

I am only sure of what half of them mean...

What Captain said... Change the Dislike text to Disagree, change the Genius text to Useful (keep BB Dog) and replace Excited with What?

Last edited:
Maybe the unimpressed/cry/angry can be condensed? Nothing wrong with the current layout though!

Although.... you never know when you're gonna want a poop reaction. Always good to have a poop/turd in your back pocket when you're on mobile.

I'm not that excited by "I'm excited".

Not a fan of the way thanks is being expressed, not a great vibe for those in recovery, just sayin'...

I miss the heart / love, one of the few ways to express strong positive energy is gone.

Guess this all makes me a wuss, but so what.

I wouldn't mind a way to express strong negative energy either (as mentioned above, the poo icon, or a middle finger, etc), but given how childish (and I really mean it, really childish) some posters here are, I think it would be abused.

Can you caption them? Or give a cue about what they mean for a mouse over? Or something?

I am only sure of what half of them mean...
Mouse over works for me...

That's not how I use genius lol

And here I thought using Nike the dog as the avatar for genius -- which itself was a genius move -- took all perception of it being sarcastic away..

@Ian, I don't know if it's just me, but I'm not getting any notifications when someone responds to something that I post anymore...when I click on the alarm bell next to my name on the upper right, I can see who responded, but the red notification number is not there

@Ian, I don't know if it's just me, but I'm not getting any notifications when someone responds to something that I post anymore...when I click on the alarm bell next to my name on the upper right, I can see who responded, but the red notification number is not there
Odd...do you have them turned off in your preferences? I haven’t received any other reports and as far as I know they’re working...?

Odd...do you have them turned off in your preferences? I haven’t received any other reports and as far as I know they’re working...?

I just checked. All my notifications are on...it was working yesterday

The next time you know you should have an alert, go to the front page of the site and look at that bar. If you see a number there but not on here (they’re live in real-time here, but not outside of the board on the site), let me know and I’ll see if there’s a style setting that might be off.

I'm glad "confused" is gone because it was being overused, especially in situations it simply didn't apply. Please don't bring that one back!

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back