PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Players already want out of Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I feel bad for Flores because he's probably going to get fired before the team starts building back up again.

Based on what?
based on my own opinion. His release is slow like Jameson Winston's and his WR corp makes him better than what he is. His WRs are the best (by far) of any WR collection in college. Not much is asked of him in the offense other than hit the open man. He wont have that in the NFL and certainly not with Miami. Again, this is based on what i see when watching him play the last 2 years.

based on my own opinion. His release is slow like Jameson Winston's and his WR corp makes him better than what he is. His WRs are the best (by far) of any WR collection in college. Not much is asked of him in the offense other than hit the open man. He wont have that in the NFL and certainly not with Miami. Again, this is based on what i see when watching him play the last 2 years.

Fair enough. I don't agree with any point, however. :)

I don't see a slow release; I see a clean mechanical base, which translates into a good full-body throwing motion and pinpoint accuracy. He has an absurd AY/A. His ability to read a defense is solid -- he does a lot more than just hit the open man, although I agree the Alabama WR corp is the best in the country. He's one of the more polished and pro-ready quarterbacks I've scouted in the last 12 years. Certainly has some issues to clean up, but he's an absolute lock for #1 overall and he should live up to the billing.

I wasn't saying Flores is a guru.

I was saying that Miami was treating him like he was THEIR guru.

Hiring him with little experience at a young age. Like he was the next Sean McVey.
More like the next hue Jackson unfortunately.

Patricia on his way out from Detroit too

Luck has also benefitted from people (media, fans, NFL) pumping him up his entire career and making excuses for him. This is another excuse.

When you look at his career in a vacuum : he was VG. When you consider the talent/hype vs the playoff failures and INTs, he was not much.

In the end, too many people want to praise “good players”. The only goal, ultimately, is to win the SB. Luck was propped up to the point everyone was saying “multiple SBs”. In the end, the chien one failed to win the big ones. While talent was not always up to par, his INTs contributed to the lack of championships.
Fair enough.

A similar post could be made about Drew Bledsoe: a very good but not great QB, definitely worth any intended or unintended tanking to get the draft pick to select him, never won the big one, had several memorable costly INTs, but far better to run with him than the Scott Sequels of this world, a large slice of NFL teams would love to have a very good rather than a meh QB.

Keep in mind that teams don't even get a sniff of the 'ultimate goal', just getting to the playoffs is huge, getting a playoff win or two is immense.

I think its a week one overreaction....

The Dolphins might not be very good, but they have 5-6 wins in them, IMO.

The last thing the Pats need is to take them lightly. After last year's last-second fiasco, anything is possible. I'll lay you good $ that BB is preaching this non-stop.

Fair enough.

A similar post could be made about Drew Bledsoe: a very good but not great QB, definitely worth any intended or unintended tanking to get the draft pick to select him, never won the big one, had several memorable costly INTs, but far better to run with him than the Scott Sequels of this world, a large slice of NFL teams would love to have a very good rather than a meh QB.

Keep in mind that teams don't even get a sniff of the 'ultimate goal', just getting to the playoffs is huge, getting a playoff win or two is immense.

I seem to remember him winning the 2001 AFC Championship game, some would say that's a pretty big game

I think its a week one overreaction....

The Dolphins might not be very good, but they have 5-6 wins in them, IMO.

I presume you are referring to this season AND next season??:D

I feel bad for Flores because he's probably going to get fired before the team starts building back up again.

I feel really bad for Flores as well, but (don’t take this the wrong way) in a way I am kind of glad he left, because I think bb has found a diamond in the rough in mayo. Mayo has a chance to be the best dc in football in a couple years!!! He is that good and in addition, probably because he played in our system so long, the players seem to love playing for him. Mayo rules!!!!

He chose to stay in division. Even if for that reason alone, nobody should be feeling sorry for Flores.

BB "We're on to Miami"
Miami "We're on to Free Agency"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes