PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Players already want out of Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per a league source with knowledge of the situation, multiple Dolphins players contacted their agents after Sunday’s season-opening blowout loss and directed them to attempt to engineer trades elsewhere. The players believe that the coaching staff, despite claiming that they intend to try to win, aren’t serious about competing and winning and by all appearances have bought into the notion that the Dolphins will take their lumps now in the hopes of laying the foundation via high draft picks for building a successful team later.

Flores is over his head.

Who's left there to mutiny?

A dude I used to work with, huge finfan and Pats hater, he's already conceded that they're tanking for Tua... Sees nothing wrong with it yet rakes the Pats over the coals for the smallest of crap.

Last edited:
I get it and if I was Miami I’d let them know to remember to get something good in return for their trade and ship them off. What they got for Tunsil was highway robbery. He’s good, but not that good. Too good of a deal to pass up.

What a foolish move by the Dolphins to hire Flores into this.

If you are going to tank the season you keep Case and clean house when the new QB arrives.

Why attach your young guru to this?

Good. I want those players off my team if I am Flores. Stockpile picks and reload with guys who fit what you're trying to do and that want to be there. Everyone knew that this was a full rebuild so it may be ugly for a while.

Tanking rarely works, specially when a new coaching staff is trying to create a culture. Also, Tua is no sure thing, I mean you tank for Andrew Luck or Trevor Lawrence. I have my doubts with Tua.

I assume the Dolphins would be thrilled to trade basically anyone they can get a half-decent return for. Not a lot of building blocks on that roster. Tanking for Tua specifically is pretty dumb though, I think. Don't have a lot of confidence in him as an NFL guy, would make more sense if Trevor Lawrence was eligible.

As for Flores, sucks for him but he knew what he was signing up for. With any luck they'll be dumb enough to fire him in a year or two and we can bring him back.

Last edited:
Tanking rarely works, specially when a new coaching staff is trying to create a culture. Also, Tua is no sure thing, I mean you tank for Andrew Luck or Trevor Lawrence. I have my doubts with Tua.
I don’t even think you tank for Luck. What did it get you ? Best season ; a blowout loss in the AFCCG. Wasn’t worth it.

Can any of them rush the passer?

How many players on their team would even be able to make it on another roster, much less have trade value?

We'll take Gesicki and Howard.

How many players on their team would even be able to make it on another roster, much less have trade value?

Sincere answer: maybe 8-10, I think, and that's a little generous probably.

If you are going to tank the season you keep Case and clean house when the new QB arrives.

Well I only see a few scenarios:

1 - They brought in Flores for the long-haul and intend to keep him for the 3+ years it will take before they're truly competitive.

2 - They brought in Flores thinking they would compete now but as the offseason developed their FO saw opportunities to build for a post-Brady AFCE and went that route and will make decisions on Flores as things pan out.

3 - They brought in Flores knowing full well they were going to tank thinking why not weaken the Pats?

Honestly, I just feel bad for Flores. I can't imagine him knowingly going into a tanking situation unless he was given a multi-year gentleman's agreement with the FO/owner that they would let him build up a new culture there while building up a roster to compete by 2022.

Well unless he has zero input on the players being brought in/shipped out, bringing Flores in now gives him a head start on rebuilding the team the way he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes