PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: LIV Golf

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Dustin Johnson Sergio Garcia Graeme McDowell and a few others - and today Patrick Reed, Bryson Dechambeau and Rickie Fowler. I’m sure they won’t be the last. Can imagine the money they’re making.

Feels like the days of wrestlers moving from WWE to WCW and then WCW to NWO in the 90s. Lol

Dustin Johnson Sergio Garcia Graeme McDowell and a few others - and today Patrick Reed, Bryson Dechambeau and Rickie Fowler. I’m sure they won’t be the last. Can imagine the money they’re making.

Feels like the days of wrestlers moving from WWE to WCW and then WCW to NWO in the 90s. Lol
Mickelson.

Reactions: sb1
Dustin Johnson got 125 million just for signing up. After he claimed loyalty to the PGA.

Evidently, they will have 8 events a year. Surely they've built some kick axx courses.

Apparently they (the Saudi backed new golf league) offered Tiger close to 100 MILLION

and he said "no"

I'm having a hard time to come up with any activity I would say no to for $100 million.

The PGA will have to come to grips with this new league, they will not be able to stop players from jumping ship.

These guys are getting guaranteed money and that’s a game changer for better or worse. They don’t have to earn their money like they do on the PGA.

I think the sponsors want them to stay on the PGA so I wouldn’t be surprised if they start ponying up the guarantees.

I have no problem with it. The PGA and USGA would be wise to accommodate its stars and not go all Hester Prynn on them.

Lol. The Stinger logo does look like an ad for a colonoscopy.

Apparently they (the Saudi backed new golf league) offered Tiger close to 100 MILLION

and he said "no"

I'm having a hard time to come up with any activity I would say no to for $100 million.

The PGA will have to come to grips with this new league, they will not be able to stop players from jumping ship.
It’s a lot easier to say ‘no’ to tonnes of $ when you HAVE tonnes. If I had earned Tiger money, I’d be saying no a whole lot…

Norman has identified and signed US players who have had beefs with the PGA and/or its members.
Johnson was suspended once for coke and was a notorious and successful womanizer with other players' wives before Paulina extracted herself from her last pro athlete boyfriend and found her way into DJ's arms
Compulsive gambler Phil may be beloved by tour members, but the PGA likely has had to do their fair share of cover ups to shield the gambling addict
Reed and DeChambeau are absolutely despised by many on the tour.

Can't comment on the non-Americans except Garcia who made his negative opinions of the PGA public a few weeks back.

and he said "no"

That's a big number but its incorrect. Dj got 120mil and Mickelson got 200. They offered tiger close to 1 billion and he declined. High 9 figures.

Seems like the majors are independent of the PGA and will will not ban the Saudi tour players. That makes it easier for them to grab the money. And while some claim it's blood money, it's hard to condemn them given all the other business we do with the Saudis and the Chinese for that matter among others.

Wow. This letter just took a torch to that bridge with these guys

Seems like the majors are independent of the PGA and will will not ban the Saudi tour players. That makes it easier for them to grab the money. And while some claim it's blood money, it's hard to condemn them given all the other business we do with the Saudis and the Chinese for that matter among others.
It could add interest to the majors as we now have the added element of LIV vs. PGA.

This is an attractive semi-retirement option for some of the guys. DJ is 38 in a week and not at the top of the PGA anymore. Phil is 51. Some of those other guys like Westwood, Poulter, McDowell, etc..are all well into their 40’s. These guys will likely never see the big paydays from winning PGA tournaments again, so it would be enticing to get the guaranteed large $.

The younger guys like Dechambeau and Reed are more of a concern to the PGA. If I’m a sponsor of these guys I’d be pissed. I’d want my shoes, clubs, logo’s, etc.. seen weekly on the pga broadcasts.

It’s a lot easier to say ‘no’ to tonnes of $ when you HAVE tonnes. If I had earned Tiger money, I’d be saying no a whole lot…
I mean, a lot of guys that joined have earned tons of money. Phils Net worth is over$400 Mil

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back