PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Patriots Man Caves

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
So I'm finally wrapping my brain around the fact my daughter, who has had her apartment since her junior year of college and has since graduated, won't be home as often (she's working full-time now and it's essentially been holidays that she makes it back here, we usually go see her) and we've decided to turn her empty bedroom into a sports room to watch the Patriots, movies, video games, etc. It's a decent size room, but with just my wife and my son, it's not like there's a ton of us and we bought a sofa bed for when she does come home to visit, which makes that space work. Otherwise, normally it's enough for the three of us to watch a movie, for my son to play video games, etc.

But I wanted to see what other people had done to get some ideas for what we might do in there. So if any of you guys have a cool set up, please post a photo in this thread :)

I'm only a couple years behind you. My youngest has another year of college, then I figure a year finding a job, moving out, etc.

I plan on doing something similar to what you are doing. Primarily, I will be replacing the rug with a green one that looks like turf,complete with hashmarks, etc. I have already designed a new stand for my flat screen that will look like uprights. I figure to use PVC pipe, and will put an opening in the back to run all the cables down in order to give it a clean appearance.

If I could find something like a fathead wall sticker that looked like the interior of Gillette, I'd add that to the plain wall in that room. There's a friend of mine who could take a clear picture and blow it up towall size if I wanted, but it's a tad pricey right now. Baby steps, I guess. :)

I'll also put a shelf (or shelves) in between the windows to hold my Patriots stuff for display.

Lastly, I have been drawing up some ideas to convert a mini-fridge to look like a Patriots equipment case, like the ones you see along the sidelines.

I'm only a couple years behind you. My youngest has another year of college, then I figure a year finding a job, moving out, etc.

I plan on doing something similar to what you are doing. Primarily, I will be replacing the rug with a green one that looks like turf,complete with hashmarks, etc. I have already designed a new stand for my flat screen that will look like uprights. I figure to use PVC pipe, and will put an opening in the back to run all the cables down in order to give it a clean appearance.

If I could find something like a fathead wall sticker that looked like the interior of Gillette, I'd add that to the plain wall in that room. There's a friend of mine who could take a clear picture and blow it up towall size if I wanted, but it's a tad pricey right now. Baby steps, I guess. :)

I'll also put a shelf (or shelves) in between the windows to hold my Patriots stuff for display.

Lastly, I have been drawing up some ideas to convert a mini-fridge to look like a Patriots equipment case, like the ones you see along the sidelines.
That sounds pretty amazing. I saw a couple of people who did something similar to that with the photo of Gillette (I haven't seen a place to buy it online) on the wall, which was pretty cool. But the turf carpet is a great idea. You'll have to post that after you do it. :cool:

That sounds pretty amazing. I saw a couple of people who did something similar to that with the photo of Gillette (I haven't seen a place to buy it online) on the wall, which was pretty cool. But the turf carpet is a great idea. You'll have to post that after you do it. :cool:

Happy to do so. I've already warned her that when she moves out, the room is mine. If she needs to come home, she can use the couch. :)

My dream would be a Patriots Draft room* complete with pin board.

* Well clearly I have other dreams (holidays, money etc etc). I’m not that sad a Draftnik.

Last edited:

This is a redskins one that I like, but it's really cool (and looks expensive).

1420688172015.jpeg

url

I'm in negotiations with the wife for maybe three (one big one, and two smaller ones stacked to the right above each other). The fact you have 5 is terrific, that would never fly here :D
I'm telling you it's magnificent. Usually it's me, a close friend, and my father. Often my brothers come but then we get little ones which we want to encourage. But when it's just the three it's a beautiful ballet of grunts, groans, and yelling with little room for anything other than focused viewing. There's always one or two weekends a year where it really pays off big too with multiple games coming down to the wire and insane action.

I'm telling you it's magnificent. Usually it's me, a close friend, and my father. Often my brothers come but then we get little ones which we want to encourage. But when it's just the three it's a beautiful ballet of grunts, groans, and yelling with little room for anything other than focused viewing. There's always one or two weekends a year where it really pays off big too with multiple games coming down to the wire and insane action.
What do you use as a matrix switcher? I found a 4x4 (four sources to four screens) that doesn't seem too horrible to use for this, but if I end up getting the go ahead, I need to be able to take multiple sources and then control what TV they go on. You had five different screens on yours, so I'm assuming you probably have something and I'm curious to know what it is...? :cool:

What do you use as a matrix switcher? I found a 4x4 (four sources to four screens) that doesn't seem too horrible to use for this, but if I end up getting the go ahead, I need to be able to take multiple sources and then control what TV they go on. You had five different screens on yours, so I'm assuming you probably have something and I'm curious to know what it is...? :cool:
We just have separate boxes for each TV. And one really smart remote.

Would love ideas on better ways to do things. The system is now 6-7 years old and believe it or not my father's tolerance for tech is better now then it was then.

Things were a little different then for being able to get 5 at once and I've been saying for a year or 2 now that we could probably do things better but if it ain't broke who bothers to fix.

This is one of my favorite subjects. Here are some pics of my basement man cave, which has been a work in progress for about three years. Key recommendations: stadium seating is great for maximizing seating capacity in a small space, Philips Hue light bulbs and light strips are great for setting the scene. Also the wifi-connected hockey goal light is frickin sweet.

image1.jpeg image2.jpeg

This is one of my favorite subjects. Here are some pics of my basement man cave, which has been a work in progress for about three years. Key recommendations: stadium seating is great for maximizing seating capacity in a small space, Philips Hue light bulbs and light strips are great for setting the scene. Also the wifi-connected hockey goal light is frickin sweet.

View attachment 23031 View attachment 23032

That Marshal stack is pretty sweet too. I personally prefer SUNN amps and gear, but Marshals are always welcome. :cool:

That Marshal stack is pretty sweet too. I personally prefer SUNN amps and gear, but Marshals are always welcome. :cool:

I prefer Mesa boogie amps but will never blink even once about using Marshall amps. That’s an area of life where I’m not beatable. Music

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back