PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Patrick Mahomes & the Chiefs Offense

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Some bye week boredom. This topic has a lot of relevance to the pats this season & beyond IMO.

Patrick Mahomes' last 1/3 of career (22 games - includes this season, 2020 playoffs & last 7 starts of 2020):

46 TDs
19 INTs
65.1% comp pct.
7.41 yards per attempt
95.4 passer rating

The Chiefs have scored 26 PPG during this 22 game stretch.

Patrick Mahomes' first 2/3 of career (44 games - includes first 9 games of 2020, 2019 including playoffs & 2018 including playoffs):

112 TDs
21 INTs
66% comp pct.
8.41 yards per attempt
110.3 passer rating

The Chiefs have scored 31.8 PPG during this 44 game stretch.

The sample size is growing on how to defend the Chiefs dating back to last year. Two high safeties take away Hill's deep threat ability, Mahomes lacks the patience to go down the field & Andy Reid won't run consistently to counter it.

What do people think? Will the Chiefs adapt or is this their offense moving forward?

The numbers still aren't bad (26 PPG) , but obviously there is a drop off.

I don't think Mahomes is the problem. He has no running game with two excellent weapons, but only two.

Not coincidentally this streak also coincides mostly with the loss of Sammy Watkins.

The story is the defense only giving up about 11 ppg. The offense doesn't need to score in the 30s. 26-10 still wins. Chefs will be extremely difficult to beat come playoff time. I fully expect then to return to the SB. Especially if they get HFA. All their remaining games are winnable. 13 wins will clinch HFA. Can the Pats win 4 more games?

Yes, they have been figured out to an extent. Still a tough team to defend but it can be done. The defense has improved bit we’ll figure out alot more about them in the Bengals and chargers games, the best offenses theyd have faced since the turnaround

Queefs receivers lead the league in dropped passes.

KC is averaging 19.7ppg in their last 6 games.

# of 20+ yd pass plays per game is way down.

Mahomes faces Cover 2 over 50% of his snaps.

Running backs aren't good enough to force defenses to adjust.

D has improved but not exactly facing dynamic offenses.

All that said I still want no part of playing them in Arrowhead

That's great...but who are the Chefs?

gordon ramsay fox GIF by Hell's Kitchen

Belichick gave all the other teams a blue print on how to stop them

The story is the defense only giving up about 11 ppg. The offense doesn't need to score in the 30s. 26-10 still wins. Chefs will be extremely difficult to beat come playoff time. I fully expect then to return to the SB. Especially if they get HFA. All their remaining games are winnable. 13 wins will clinch HFA. Can the Pats win 4 more games?
All it takes is for them to play an explosive offense and it's lights out for the Chiefs! The only win I was somewhat impressed with in their last few games was against the Cowgirls!

Mahomes has sucked the last 5 games despite winning them all

B2-CDC94-B-6054-46-BA-B56-B-B1-E0330928-E0.png

Yes, they have been figured out to an extent. Still a tough team to defend but it can be done. The defense has improved bit we’ll figure out alot more about them in the Bengals and chargers games, the best offenses theyd have faced since the turnaround

Does anyone see that defense limiting us to 10 points in non- inclement weather?

All I know is if the Patriots were winning games in the same manner, we would all be saying "wins are wins" and chastising anyone who criticized the way those wins happened.

All I know is if the Patriots were winning games in the same manner, we would all be saying "wins are wins" and chastising anyone who criticized the way those wins happened.
Every fan board does that.

With that said, ChiefsPlanet is doing exactly what you are saying but they are also concerned about the same things I called out.

Not if Mac Jones was being paid $40 million a year at the time.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back