• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve102

Any Man Who Must Say I Am The King Is No True King
PatsFans.com Supporter
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The thread on the Jags AFCCG got me thinking. This one is more for the OG's than the young guys, but you young guys can weigh in too. Bonus points if you have a "I was there" story to tell. I left off anything from the Brady Era.

One more from the 80's - Robert Weather's 4th down run to the playoffs vs Cincy in 1985. Bold call by Berry, great run by Weathers.

If Morgan had caught that 1st Q pass for a touchdown the game might have been different. Singletary might have tipped it, and it is easily argued that the Bears would have won anyway, but a 7 -0 lead changes a lot. Not blaming Morgan, just stating that when the pass was dropped, my heart dropped with that ball. It is incredible that Belicheck and Brady kept the team positive down 28- 3 in Super Bowl LI.

Bledsoe winning the game against Buffalo w/ a broken finger was tight tight tight.

The game where Stanley Morgan caught a long game winning TD pass.

Last edited:
The game where Stanley Morgan caught a long game wining TD pass.

Was that a game in 85/86 where we caught a last second TD to beat the Seahawks?

Though I think that was a game winner to Fryar.

yep, tipped hail mary vs the Rams. Loved ruining Jim Everetts great game.

It's weird I can totally visualize the catch and run but my old fuzzy memory forgots the opponent.

It would be the 3 road wins in 85 on the way to the SB. Jets, Raiders, Dolphins.

I still have the VHS tapes of those games packed away somewhere. That was a fun run, back when the thought of the Patriots in the SB was crazy to even think about.

scratch that, that game happened the next year. That 86 year was full of ups and downs. That Seattle game in 86 was one of the worst defeats ever. Seattle dropped 24 on us in the 4th, blocked punt for a score, 2 long tds, it was crazy. Eason threw for 414 and Morgan had 3 tds for 161. Can’t believe they lost that game to this day. Can’t even imagine what the game day thread would of looked like had that technology been available back then.

This is a bit like asking me to choose my favorite child...except harder

RIGHT the Rams - why did I think it was the Seahawks?

Stupid grandpa memory

This is a bit like asking me to choose my favorite child...except harder

You've been asked several times to stop using the word 'child' and 'harder' in the same sentence.

You've been asked several times to stop using the word 'child' and 'harder' in the same sentence.

It's okay your Mom and I still love you. Well your Mom does anyway. After what you were caught doing with that Bernie Sanders doll I've had to disown you, at least until we find another church.

Last edited:
It's okay your Mom and I still love you. Well your Mom does anyway. After what you were caught doing with that Bernie Sanders doll I've had to disown you, at least until wef find another church.

Oh the things I would do to a Bernie sex doll.

Beating Pittsburgh to advance to the AFCC in the fog
The only time I ever paid a scalper $$$ for tix. Took my brother, brother in law & daughter. BIL made a great tailgate picnic. We were surrounded by well traveled Squealer fans waving their dorky towels. Hard to see the field from the low 200s. Curtis Martin & Bledsoe soon quieted the heretofore overconfident towel tossers. Our D was epic, pressures & sacks. Added fun to watch the Pitt fans slink away.
Heading to the AFCC and we felt the SB was not a common experience for Pats fans after 40 years in the desert. (We blocked memories of the post 86 season Bears game)
Who could have guessed that soon, the next decades would make such playoff games a common experience? And without Drew! Not I.

It would be the 3 road wins in 85 on the way to the SB. Jets, Raiders, Dolphins.

I still have the VHS tapes of those games packed away somewhere. That was a fun run, back when the thought of the Patriots in the SB was crazy to even think about.

I also have those on VHS but recently moved and they're in one of 50-100 plastic bins in the new basement.

That was the first team to advance to a SB after winning 3 road playoff games. I can't remember the numbers but it seemed like there were a lot of great plays by the ST unit. I think they forced multiple fumbles and scored a couple of TD's during that run.

Unfortunately, that run ended when the Pats faced the best defense that I've ever seen. Nobody had a chance vs the Bears that year. The Pats were the only team to score a point against them in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes