PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: old friend LaAdrian Waddle out for 2019 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn! He was a decent backup for us. Hope he heals soon.

hope he heals up - was a good player for the Pats

Sorry for him, not for his current team. He gave us some good service, have to like and respect that. Don’t have to extend those considerations to Buffalo’s excuse for tailgating parties.

He's a good player, sorry he got hurt. These guys don't have that many years of playing as it is.

College LT...Detroit RT...Swing Tackle here...professional...needed help vs speed...wasn't torn apart by his departure (for not an unreasonable amount) because I ass-umed we would upgrade through both free agency and the draft...looks like things haven't worked out for either side...

I wanted to look up his contract to see how much was guaranteed, and how much was the per-game bonus. I recalled it being a nice payday for a lineman that had been a backup:

LaAdrian Waddle Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus Money, and Contract History | Over The Cap

Contract Notes
LaAdrian Waddle signed a one year contract with the Buffalo Bills on March 16, 2019 worth $2,000,000 with $400,000 guaranteed via signing bonus.

Waddle can earn up to $500,000 ($31,250 per game active) in roster bonus pay; and a $100,000 workout bonus.​

Half a mil just went down the drain for Waddle...

I wanted to look up his contract to see how much was guaranteed, and how much was the per-game bonus. I recalled it being a nice payday for a lineman that had been a backup:

LaAdrian Waddle Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus Money, and Contract History | Over The Cap

Contract Notes
LaAdrian Waddle signed a one year contract with the Buffalo Bills on March 16, 2019 worth $2,000,000 with $400,000 guaranteed via signing bonus.

Waddle can earn up to $500,000 ($31,250 per game active) in roster bonus pay; and a $100,000 workout bonus.​

On the other hand, at least he's going to get his $1 million salary now, while he may have missed out on $1.5 million salary and roster bonus if he'd been cut.

Very sad! Hopefully he comes back healthy next season.

On the other hand, at least he's going to get his $1 million salary now, while he may have missed out on $1.5 million salary and roster bonus if he'd been cut.
On the other other hand it may’ve cost him more than that in future earnings if he wasn’t cut, as seems more likely from the fact that he’s shown the skill and athleticism to accrue six seasons as a journeyman NFL tackle. At 6’6” and 320, age 28, with six seasons under his belt he’d likely be good for three to five more years. Barring injury. But now he’s damaged goods. At best he’ll have to take a discount. Or have his career cut short. Best case he plays a few more years and it only costs him a mil or so in lost earnings.

I am sure that tearing a quadricep is painful however he will recover.

I am sure that tearing a quadricep is painful however he will recover.
But will he be as quick after recovery as he was before his injury?

Contract Notes

If it’s only $400k guaranteed, then isn’t he losing $1.6M potentially?

If it’s only $400k guaranteed, then isn’t he losing $1.6M potentially?
He'll still get his base salary while on IR. It's only the roster bonuses he'll lose.

He'll still get his base salary while on IR. It's only the roster bonuses he'll lose.

It said his contract is “worth” $2M.
I did not realize that was his base salary. I thought that was his base salary plus all the bonuses added up it could be up to $2 million.
Thanks for clarifying.

It said his contract is “worth” $2M.
I did not realize that was his base salary. I thought that was his base salary plus all the bonuses added up it could be up to $2 million.
Thanks for clarifying.
His base salary is $1 million, signing + workout is $500k and roster bonus is $500k. He gets everything but the roster bonus.

I wonder what the insurance options are for these guys, if any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots